Old 19th November 2007, 01:34   #1
MaxCD

How to integrate explorer with a library playlist?

Hi!

Everytime I want to add any music to a playlist on my media library I drag it to the library itself. Is there a way I could just right-click on the file at the windows explorer and use a feature like "send to" so that it would be automatically added to my playlist on Media Library?

Thanks
MaxCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 03:06   #2
Razzinno
Piffle Producer

In the Winamp media library under playlists, click import. Once you have some titles show up, you then can right click and send to or enqueue or whatever.
Razzinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 12:09   #3
MaxCD

Thanks for replying!

But I was already aware of this.. What I want is to add files to the playlist from the Windows Explorer (shell) =/
I think I might need some kind of plugin to do that, but I can't find anything...
Old 19th November 2007, 13:42   #4
Razzinno
Piffle Producer

Then did you go to Options > Preferences > Shell Options > Add 'Enqueue & Play' to Winamp associated file types (assuming you've associated desired file types under > File Types

Additionally, go to File Types > Explorer Settings > (check) Enqueue files on double click in Windows Explorer

Hope this helps.
Old 19th November 2007, 13:50   #5
MaxCD

Thanks again! But didn't helped yet =/
I was already aware of these options, but as far as I know they're only aplicable on the current playlist. What I'm actually looking for is a way to add files to playlists saved on my Media Library. Like if I right clicked on a song on Windows Explorer there'd be an option like: Send To > Playlist from Media Library > "Playlist 1"

That's my problem =/
Old 19th November 2007, 14:02   #6
Razzinno
Piffle Producer

The only other alternative I can think of is using the 'Add to Winamp's Bookmark list' when you right click a file in Windows Explorer. Then it will show up in your media library under Bookmarks where you can play the files from there.

Once you have enqueued those files from the bookmark list into the playlist, you can then go to the list options to save whatever is in your playlist to form a new playlist (.m3u) which will then show up for retrieval in your media library under Playlists.
Old 19th November 2007, 14:12   #7
MaxCD

Yeah, this is the only alternative I see... I'd have to make it in 2 steps: send to bookmarks and then send it to my playlist (and clear my bookmarks after that). I wanted a way to make it with only 1 step, but I think it's impossible then..

Thanks a lot for your help!

If anyone got any other way to help me make it easier, I'd be very thankful too =]
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support