Old 21st February 2011, 18:17   #1
Invulner

Alternative to Gracenote's playlist generator?

Hey, I'd like to know if there's another playlist generator in Winamp plugin available? Gracenote mixes 80's pop with ambient and jazz, which are pretty un-similar, contrary to what I want. Or is there a possible configuration menu for Gracenote to fix this that I've missed?
Invulner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 11:43   #2
Jimekus

Send a message via Yahoo to Jimekus
I author an open source Winamp freeware frontend written in VB6.0 that arranges playlists - coiled by tempo. Think of the coiled arrangement like sine waves of song groups stretching from the hills and valleys of slower tracks, then up and down through the foothills and onto the faster mountain peaks. This arrangement prevents boredom and comes into force when mixing multiple Winamp instances. I have found that certain genres tend to cluster at certain tempos and am now looking to enhance the mix using pitch matching.

Let me know if you want personal tuition on how to setup the system. Because of the many months of effort involved to maintain such a large catalog, this is not for the faint hearted.
Jimekus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2018, 16:22   #3
smartPlaylisting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimekus View Post
I author an open source Winamp freeware frontend written in VB6.0 that arranges playlists - coiled by tempo. Think of the coiled arrangement like sine waves of song groups stretching from the hills and valleys of slower tracks, then up and down through the foothills and onto the faster mountain peaks. This arrangement prevents boredom and comes into force when mixing multiple Winamp instances. I have found that certain genres tend to cluster at certain tempos and am now looking to enhance the mix using pitch matching.

Let me know if you want personal tuition on how to setup the system. Because of the many months of effort involved to maintain such a large catalog, this is not for the faint hearted.
Interested, please!
smartPlaylisting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 10:45   #4
Moris654

This will allow services making use of Gracenote's data to for instance compile a playlist of all of Taylor Swift's dance pop hits
Moris654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
playlist generator