Old 26th June 2002, 12:35   #81
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Location: Universe > Milkyway > Sol > Earth > Europe > Germany > Bavaria > Near Nuremberg
Send a message via ICQ to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via AIM to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=RoNtZ=-
oh men!!! c'mon! just shut up! both of u! this nonsense leads to nothing and just shows that u're skinning more than thinkin'!

Frozen skins: Gravestone Betaskins: Mushroom ::-:: The Claw
In development: TechnodropFinished: Draculas Helmet (<-- still waiting for some color themes!) ::-:: Hal's eye
Old 26th June 2002, 12:46   #82
Adil
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Adil Send a message via AIM to Adil Send a message via Yahoo to Adil
hmm nice worm there dude
Old 26th June 2002, 12:49   #83
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Location: Universe > Milkyway > Sol > Earth > Europe > Germany > Bavaria > Near Nuremberg
Send a message via ICQ to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via AIM to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=RoNtZ=-
thx a lot!

[edit]MAN! TOTALLY FORGOTTEN THAT ABOUT MY WORM! : the 10 numbers are for 10 shading modes, u see around the main worm! [/edit]

In development: TechnodropFinished: Draculas Helmet (<-- still waiting for some color themes!) ::-:: Hal's eye
Old 26th June 2002, 13:12   #84
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Adil
I don't wanna hurt you pal but creating bmp's and puting them in a folder under winamp/skins is not a tough job.
If it's so easy, can i have a link to all your wa2 skins please?
Old 26th June 2002, 13:30   #85
Windmills

Send a message via ICQ to Windmills
Hey guys, take it easy. Nobody wants this f...ing war, am I right? Let us s see which is better when it will be the oficial relese of this cool skins. And now let's help Neko and Adil in development.
Old 26th June 2002, 13:31   #86
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

@atmo: what u r doing is SO dumb! silly example: "kicking a child is so easy, when was the last time u kicked one?" ... only cuz it's easy, he doesn't have to make some to say it's easy!

Old 26th June 2002, 13:42   #87
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by -=RoNtZ=-
@atmo: what u r doing is SO dumb! silly example: "kicking a child is so easy, when was the last time u kicked one?" ... only cuz it's easy, he doesn't have to make some to say it's easy!
Great analogy there....

I seriously hope every wa2 skinner doesnt get treated like this when they make the transition to wa3.
Old 26th June 2002, 13:43   #88
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

chill guys...

Wa2 skinning is actually harder than Wa3 skinning, if you only count the GFX.
Why?
Well, in Wa3, you can do whatever you want, depending how good the coder is..
In Wa2 on the other hand, you have all those limitations to be aware of and adjust your GFX to.

Now, that is HARD!

So, let's just drop it right here!
You are both exellent artists, and you both make beautiful skins.

-Plague
Old 26th June 2002, 13:45   #89
Neko
Major Dude

look, adil, -=RoNtZ=-, if your both mature individuals, dont post in this thread unless you have something to say about the project, the best way to end a flame is to remove its supply of wood, and sarcy comments = wood., so please show some maturity from now on, adil, i respect your work, but your atititude, at least since ive known of your existance is much to be desired, having an ego is okay, but having an ego and putting down other peoples skins is NOT.

END IT NOW

anyway, as for the skin, would people rather the tail "roof" moved back and had 2 slideout trays, one for eq, one for display?, or the tail "roof" folds back and the controls are on various "pages"?
Old 26th June 2002, 13:46   #90
Adil
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Adil Send a message via AIM to Adil Send a message via Yahoo to Adil
ATMO, making a winamp2 has the most boring skin engine for a media player.
I haven't been doing any winamp2 skin the last 2 or 3 years.
Old 26th June 2002, 13:54   #91
Neko
Major Dude

adil, until youve shown us one of your winamp 2 skins, you cant comment on its process, now if you have nothing to say about the project, dont post.

-neko
Old 26th June 2002, 13:55   #92
Adil
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Neko
look, adil, -=RoNtZ=-, if your both mature individuals, dont post in this thread unless you have something to say about the project, the best way to end a flame is to remove its supply of wood, and sarcy comments = wood., so please show some maturity from now on, adil, i respect your work, but your atititude, at least since ive known of your existance is much to be desired, having an ego is okay, but having an ego and putting down other peoples skins is NOT.
If you didn't play your childish games in boom thread we wouldn't be in this situation.
because of you that thread is closed, but it's ok, we gonna make a new one and I hope this time you stay in your zoo with the spiders and the bees.
Old 26th June 2002, 13:58   #93
Neko
Major Dude

if your not careful adil, your going to piss off a moderator to the point of you being banned, now grow up

---

another show of spider in the process, adding Attack-R skin (the white hand controller for rc toys in the 90's , it had a cool creamy white shell with metalic protrusions, so im going to use that style for the body and armouring., you'll see soon anyway.
Old 26th June 2002, 14:00   #94
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

I cant wait to see it RD.
Old 26th June 2002, 14:05   #95
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
if your not careful adil, your going to piss off a moderator to the point of you being banned, now grow up

---
If ALL of you are not careful, your going to piss off a moderator, so please cool it down guys and gals before you say something I will regret......

[edit]by the way, I don't like spiders, man's gotta have his phobia's, how about a Neko the cat skin /Jones goes off to get his pencils[/edit]
Old 26th June 2002, 14:10   #96
Neko
Major Dude

the above is the style im going for, just so you can see if ive pulled it off later on

Mr Jones - i'm supprised you havent made an evil duk skin yet
Old 26th June 2002, 14:11   #97
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:

Mr Joones - i'm supprised you havent made an evil duk skin yet
I have, it's languishing on a server somewhere, lost in dev hell, more of a prototype to try things out on, dancing duk's, animations and other such nonsense, I'll dust it down one day and release it.....
Old 26th June 2002, 14:13   #98
Neko
Major Dude

lol!, soon soon!, i want!
Old 26th June 2002, 14:17   #99
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

ok, that will b the last post in this thread in which i'll talk about flaming or anything like that. i hope u other guys stop flaming each other,too! cause somehow, we're a kinda big family, and it's normal that there are arguments sometimes, but that has gotta stop, too,so that we can talk like normal intelligent people TOGETHER!

@Atmo: Sorry about that, I think u got me really wrong!!what i meant, beeing stupid, was ur question about his wa2 skins!i really like ur skins, and never wanted to offence u in any way!i hope u don't missunderstand me this time, so that we can "live happily together" *g*.

@thePlague: you're right somehow, when u look at all those limitations, it's really a lot harder to create a nice skin, as u have to stay in your rectangled shape all the time. but fact is, that in wa3 u can do what u want, when it's about the gfx, and that makes it really hard, because u want to improve ur skin all the time, as u can add this thing here, that there... and so on.. but u aditionally got to do the coding!!! and methinks the whole coding+skinning is hard to handle for one person and so wa3 skinning is much harder, in my eyes!

@Adil:just one beg: please behave from now on! i try my best, too!

and that's it from my side!

to ur skin:
i like your second suggestion better. sounds nice!

Old 26th June 2002, 14:21   #100
Neko
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by -=RoNtZ=-
aditionally got to do the coding!!! and methinks the whole coding+skinning is hard to handle for one person and so wa3 skinning is much harder, in my eyes!
Not many wa3 skinners do both the gfx and the coding, its mainly only the Coders whome decide to the the gfx themselves that have done both., as for Spider, ive done all the gfx, and im learning to code as we speak to put my ideas to reality, considering this is my first REAL attempt at a skin, its quite fun
Old 26th June 2002, 14:23   #101
Windmills

Angry

Hey Neko, untill you show us a workable alpha version of your Spider, you better develop and shut up!!!!! understand? BOOM works, but we didn't see any life signs from your Skin. Give e link to your BUG and then we'll see.
Old 26th June 2002, 14:29   #102
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by Windmills
Hey Neko, untill you show us a workable alpha version of your Spider, you better develop and shut up!!!!! understand? BOOM works, but we didn't see any life signs from your Skin. Give e link to your BUG and then we'll see.

I'm not even gonna bother PM'ing this....

The next person to issue forth any flames around here will earn a 3 day stay at the Jones fan club R&R site.

Comprende
Old 26th June 2002, 14:31   #103
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

@windmillslease just let that be,ok?! we had that just before and i think we really should end it!!! think about how long the BOOM-Thread is up, and how long the Spider-Thread is up... and there was never a real release from BOOM... have u already asked neko for a test-version? i'm sure, that u didn't!

Old 26th June 2002, 14:32   #104
omarello
Major Dude

Quote:
anyway, as for the skin, would people rather the tail "roof" moved back and had 2 slideout trays, one for eq, one for display?, or the tail "roof" folds back and the controls are on various "pages"?
prefer the 2 slide out trays, it is easier to access i think. but it depends on how the outcome will be, i mean i think u will have to decrease the sizes if u want to have both, rather than 2 pages. i dunno, but i would prefer 2 slideouts

Shoot me again I ain't dead YET
Old 26th June 2002, 14:33   #105
Adil
Major Dude

Windmills and all others, let's give neko a break and leave him skin his spider.
If someone doesn't like neko, send him a PM, we don't want his thread to be locked like boom's.

for people who wonder about boom, willfisher gently asked me not to start a new boom thread until he gets a new version ready, so I will not start a thread. If u guys want a boom's fnaclub thread, then do it

now, good luck to neko with his coding learning. sayounara.

Adil
Old 26th June 2002, 14:37   #106
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Adil
Windmills and all others, let's give neko a break and leave him skin his spider.
If someone doesn't like neko, send him a PM, we don't want his thread to be locked like boom's.
now, good luck to neko with his coding learning. sayounara.
wise spoken adil!
glad to hear that from YOU!!

Old 26th June 2002, 14:38   #107
Windmills

Thumbs up

Ok, I was too rude. Neko, please hurry and give us an early beta Of the Spider, or just say when it will be done. Is that ok?
The end of flame war...i hope.
Old 26th June 2002, 14:39   #108
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

btw neko: there were some requests about moving legs.. did u already manage that? would be really cool!

Old 26th June 2002, 15:00   #109
pixelpusher
Major Dude

Nice looking skin, definity a classic to come.

I only have one problem with it. I think the buttons
should be clearer. The colors look to blended together.

I would love to see a version with it on it's hind legs.
With maybe the vis and stuff on it belly. You did say
something about a crouched version?

Pusher...
Old 26th June 2002, 15:03   #110
Neko
Major Dude

moving legs Is possible, and will be implimented,m (with an off-off switch of course ), it would get annouying if they moved all the time as for the coding side, i really dont want to start coding and issuing alpha versions until ive completed a finalised design and the skinset for the main, theres alot more work to be done on the skin before the hardcore code work can be done, im sure any other wa3 skinner can relate to that, esp with this kind of skin.
Old 26th June 2002, 15:07   #111
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

*g* ...just asking! i can really good understand what u mean... i'm stuck with my skins because i can't even do the seeking- and volume-drawers.. ....

Old 26th June 2002, 15:08   #112
Neko
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by pixelpusher
Nice looking skin, definity a classic to come.

I only have one problem with it. I think the buttons
should be clearer. The colors look to blended together.

I would love to see a version with it on it's hind legs.
With maybe the vis and stuff on it belly. You did say
something about a crouched version?

Pusher...
yeah, the crouched version will be like that, as if you had scared a terantula into a corner, if i can get it to work, i'd like it so the buttons you press in that mode make it twith its legs and try to grab the cursor, as for the buttons, i havent put any on it yet pusher :\, there will be a button on the head of the spider, which when clicked, opens the "mecha spiders" head and reveals the controls, of course, i still have to animate that in 3dsmax using the style ive drawn in photoshop, then apply it
Old 26th June 2002, 15:19   #113
BlueBalls
Major Dude

hm...i dont understand what you mean about the sliders, im lost on that part

and i have a question, you said ur going to make skins for it, liek overlay skins? so you can change it? will one of them be a skin sort of like the first screenie you posted? i like that one

the noise annoys me cos it makes him look worn out (hence the Decayed im guessing) and i like things brand new, although the decayed look does suit him more, or her i guess, but anyways will you have a nice clean crisp brand new spidery skin overlay thing for him?

...//Oxidise.org - Coming Soon...
...//Breedart.org - Skin Division Member...
...//deviantART; blueballs - My devPage...
Old 26th June 2002, 15:26   #114
Windmills

Cool

3ds max is powerfull thing, shure it will be a beautifull skin, if so, we shall wait a bit. For how long it's depend on you neko.
Old 26th June 2002, 15:26   #115
Neko
Major Dude

the skin will be one spider yes, and im going to hopefully add a custom menu with skin options for that spider, theoretically, it will just swap the main.png this changing the way the skin looks without actually reloading the skin, though im not sure it will change it cleanly yet without actually coding it and checking, but hopefully it will work, the base type will be clean as per the original, the other versions are optional choices
Old 26th June 2002, 15:29   #116
BlueBalls
Major Dude

sweet deal

/me drools at the thought of having a choice in skinning the spider...

think my gecko will mind seeing a spider on my screen everyday?

Old 26th June 2002, 15:32   #117
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

2 skins for the price of 1...cant get much better than that.
Old 26th June 2002, 15:38   #118
simon snowflake
Skin Wizard
(Forum King)

Location: Gent, Belgium. does anybody know where the toilets are?
Send a message via ICQ to simon snowflake
Quote:
Originally posted by Atmo The Freak
2 skins for the price of 1...cant get much better than that.
uhhh 3 for the prize of one ?

don't be a thief of your own life.... : DEXYD - Digitally EXpressing Your Dreams

Join the Winamp Enthusiasts Forum - Join the Winamp Skin Love facebook group:
Old 26th June 2002, 15:58   #119
BlueBalls
Major Dude

theres a price?

eheh, Atmo have u had a go at WA3 skinning yet?

i tried but failed to get it right, so im waiting for the final release of WA3

Old 26th June 2002, 17:02   #120
Scar Da Kookee
[Forum Pastry]

/me wouldnt knwo where to being with scripting a wa3 skin
/me would like to know though

Needs more moo-cows.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins