Old 2nd July 2002, 18:13   #41
Adil
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Adil Send a message via AIM to Adil Send a message via Yahoo to Adil
Quote:
Originally posted by N e m e s s i s

lol, I have a beta of boom I picked up a while back. The skin is just another unoriginal handheld mp3 player and I cannot stand that type of skin. And further more, are you so insecure that I cannot let my opinion be known with out a lengthy, desperate reply from you? It was not in the terms of service of these forums that i must kiss your ass whenever you bend over and touch your toes. That just seems rather pathetic; more pathetic in fact than whoring yourself out for acceptance then, wanking with each post of praise, and having an aneurism over each comment that threatens to burst the balloon that is your ego.

and lastly, I have heard a rumor that you are practicing to for the local banned? Any truth to that rumor?

preserving your master piece of idiocy.
mister skins reviewer, have a nice day

now people inetersted in neoJB, keep posting
Adil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2002, 18:16   #42
Neko
Major Dude

oooo, cool sig nemessis! -clicks-
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2002, 18:28   #43
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

For the benifit of those who missed this in a previous thread...

Quote:
Right here's the deal, "attack of the ego's" stops right here and right now, there will be no more tollerance of personal flaming in this thread or any others in this forum.

I will not hesitate to lock any threads that get out of hand, and remove any members who cause the threads to degenerate into these petty flame wars.

Last chance folks.
Quote:
Originally posted by N e m e s s i s

and lastly, I have heard a rumor that you are practicing to for the local banned? Any truth to that rumor?
At the minute, auditions are taking all comers.
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2002, 18:38   #44
Adil
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Adil Send a message via AIM to Adil Send a message via Yahoo to Adil
obviously these guys are pushing this so that this thread gets locked too.. I hope the mods will find a way to make them stop the childish attitude AND keep this thread going.

Mr jones, please delete the flaming posts in this thread including this post. that would be the best solution.
Old 2nd July 2002, 18:48   #45
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
Okay, the shit stops here.

There have been far too many posts backstage today (count - 12 so far) regarding the actions and attitudes of the posters in this thread. The next one will be along the lines of "I banned xxxx for three days.

Nemessis, remove that signature link as soon as possible.

Adil, Rhino, Neko, the pissing contest stops. No more posts pleding each others case, no more flames, nothing. Either the posts are on topic, or they get removed and the thread is locked.

If the flaming continues, the guilty party will be banned for three days, without recourse. And this is regardless of who has the biggest post count.

I'm sorry that it comes down to this, but there is no other choice. The next choice is up to you.

Mike

Like my photography? Buy some here....
. - .... .- -. .... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2002, 01:27   #46
The Rhino
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by ethan_h
Okay, the shit stops here.

There have been far too many posts backstage today (count - 12 so far) regarding the actions and attitudes of the posters in this thread. The next one will be along the lines of "I banned xxxx for three days.

Nemessis, remove that signature link as soon as possible.

Adil, Rhino, Neko, the pissing contest stops. No more posts pleding each others case, no more flames, nothing. Either the posts are on topic, or they get removed and the thread is locked.

If the flaming continues, the guilty party will be banned for three days, without recourse. And this is regardless of who has the biggest post count.

I'm sorry that it comes down to this, but there is no other choice. The next choice is up to you.

Mike
I dont know when this was posted but mr jones already told Adil, Neko, and I to stop flaming an we are trying but there are alot of people trying to bring it back up. Adil, Neko and I havent flamed each other for over a week at least so i would appreciate everyone to stop targeting us for any flaming that goes on. Yes we have been flaming on the side at those that bring this feud back up and now we have stopped that since mr jones letter to us. We understand that these forums are not for flaming so we are changing but can you make sure you or mr jones have a talk with other guilty parties.

- Thanks, The Rhino

BTW Adil it looks like will is finished with boom until the next rc is he now coding or do you still have to complete some graphics

Last edited by The Rhino; 3rd July 2002 at 01:58.
The Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2002, 03:59   #47
Joshuatree
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Joshuatree
I think Adil still has to finish the graphics. Plus some of the features planned for this skin aren't even possible in the current builds. It bay be a little while.
Joshuatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2002, 10:48   #48
Adil
Major Dude

Josh is right, I still have a long way with the graphics.. here is an update:

I still have many buttons to create and a screen gui to design...
any ideas or suggestions?
Old 3rd July 2002, 14:22   #49
Joshuatree
Major Dude

Looking good...I really like the added highlights
Old 3rd July 2002, 15:42   #50
premmidha

Send a message via ICQ to premmidha
wow! it looks very nice! I really like the main screen and the little track number thingy near the bottom.

~prem

btw, what fonts did you use on the screen?
premmidha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2002, 16:23   #51
Adil
Major Dude

Thanks premm, the fonts I used are:
Digital Readout, Arial black and Repetition Scrolling.
my favorite display fonts
Old 3rd July 2002, 17:26   #52
thepyr0x
Major Dude

you said you were gonna change the display a bunch

are you still gonna? not to say that it's bad....it's just BOOM remade is all

thepyr0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2002, 17:47   #53
Adil
Major Dude

I always leave the display till the end.
if you see early pics of boom, you'll see that the display was horrible.
the layout of the display depends on the features I'll include in the skin, so it's pretty dumb to start with it.

Last edited by Adil; 3rd July 2002 at 18:12.
Old 3rd July 2002, 18:00   #54
BlueBalls
Major Dude

its not bad but it does remind me a lot of BOOM, plus im trying, now, to find a skin that isnt a handheld MP3 player or any other handhels music thing (admit it neJB is to small to be a jukebox :P)

however i will still eb downloading this because it's always nice to see things that have never been done before, plus i like the track number thing, it's a good idea, maybe u could make an anmation of a CD or something going into a slot when the song changes? you know how jukeboxes move records, u can do that with this is at the bottom, i always like putting money in to see the record move, hehe

...//Oxidise.org - Coming Soon...
...//Breedart.org - Skin Division Member...
...//deviantART; blueballs - My devPage...
BlueBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2002, 18:07   #55
Adil
Major Dude

Ah yeah, I thought about that...
What I wanna add to this design now are the typical color neon lights with moving liquides inside them you see in real jukeboxes.. see what I mean..
but I'm afraid it doesn't fit neoJB's style and I have to drop it...
Old 3rd July 2002, 19:43   #56
BlueBalls
Major Dude

it look smore like a setreo almost like the KaBoom Box or something because most Jukeboxes are wood (or plastic wood) and this looks like a metal/platis type of texture, especially on the sides, those black lines make it look like a place to pick it up.

and beins as how it looks remarkably like BOOM you should rename it to neoKaBOOM Box or something

(laugh, that was a joke.....laugh!)

Old 4th July 2002, 13:23   #57
Joshuatree
Major Dude

Hmmm...interesting.

<<<<---------->>>>
Hmm....I like fireworks...

KaBOOM!!!!

AHHHHHHHH!
<<<<---------->>>>

just kidding
Old 4th July 2002, 14:00   #58
Adil
Major Dude

neoJB stays neoJB just as this guy stays SpiderMan
Old 5th July 2002, 19:27   #59
Bizzeh
Forum Pirate
Beta Team

yay.. me is now coder for this skin..

thanks adil
Bizzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2002, 19:31   #60
Adil
Major Dude

YO give me five buddy !
Old 5th July 2002, 20:11   #61
Bizzeh
Forum Pirate
Beta Team

/me gives adil 5
/me thanks adil for new sig logo
Old 5th July 2002, 20:12   #62
slickfella

can anyone make me a sig logo? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
slickfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2002, 23:09   #63
The Rhino
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Bizzy D.
yay.. me is now coder for this skin..
good luck bizzy, dont work him too hard adil (lol) and adil damn man you have some great coders doing your skins (talking about myself of course(lol me so full of myself) and of course will and bizzy)
Old 5th July 2002, 23:39   #64
The Rhino
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by The Rhino

good luck bizzy, dont work him too hard adil (lol) and adil damn man you have some great coders doing your skins (talking about myself of course(lol me so full of myself) and of course will and bizzy)
Old 6th July 2002, 10:17   #65
Adil
Major Dude

LOL with The Rhino @ nemessis
And now I WILL post a new pic of neoJB.
I hope you WILL like it

since people are annoying me with originality blah blah, I will make some cool animations for neoJB where the side panels rotate opening a glass thing showing a folder browser and a simple playlist all with a little hologram effect...
the center sphear will also have an animation... wait&see...
Old 6th July 2002, 12:00   #66
Bizzeh
Forum Pirate
Beta Team

ive just figured a realy easy way of geting those numbers to show right.. cos the way i thought of 1st would just add the numbers 2gether.. but i got a way that works now so we ok ... btw... looks better with out that logo at bottom
Old 6th July 2002, 12:20   #67
Neko
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Adil
since people are annoying me with originality blah blah, I will make some cool animations for neoJB
it isnt animations that make something original.., what they were saying is that the stereo style isnt original, so no matter what animations you put on it, it'll still be a stereo skin, though with animations it will be a better stereo skin
Old 6th July 2002, 12:30   #68
Adil
Major Dude

first this is a jukebox design, not a stereo.
secundo I didn't mean that the animations are the original point here but the interface elements that will pop out of the sides when the animations are done.
weird, I still got no ideas from you guys. gimme suggestions gimme !
Old 6th July 2002, 13:01   #69
Caleb

well i like this skin!

i dont understand you guys, giving speeches about orignilaity and shit. i prefer skins that look like something many people know (jukebox for example), not like some stupid futuristic spaceship or something.

instead of saying bullshit, why just not tell Adil how he can improve the skin, or something good. Saying a good thing doesn't mean you kiss ass! (if it was, my tongue was up somebody arse all the time )

anyways, it's Adil's skin, and he designed it by what *HE* knows.
(credits go to Bizzy D for the code of course)

GREAT JOB ADIL! Keep it up!

Currenly Working on: WA3 Scripting/XML IDE
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2002, 13:39   #70
Neko
Major Dude

nice adil, though i still think the red's a little iffy, but much imporvement on the mody of the skin, it doesnt look so genereated now, but i suggest maybe a light texture to the skin, or even wallnut segments, or glowing bars, such as current, and classic JB's have.

also..
Quote:
Originally posted by Caleb
instead of saying bullshit, why just not tell Adil how he can improve the skin
you just dont understand, ive been talking to adil about the skin privately with ways to improve it, people are not flaming his work, they are simply saying that prefer something more original, and the result of that was adils addition of animated sections which will no doubt improve the end result, so it isnt bullshit, all contructive criticism, is good criticism, all posts labelling people bullshitters does nothing but stir tension, now if you will, behave and do this, take your own 'quoted' advice, and comment on how he could improve the skin, theres a good lad.
Old 6th July 2002, 13:44   #71
The Rhino
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Neko
theres a good lad.
lad is an english word i thought you were from canada. btw adil the color silver is better than the black that was the base for the majority of the skin befor
Old 6th July 2002, 13:46   #72
Neko
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by The Rhino

lad is an english word i thought you were from canada.
i'm english, i live in manchester for gawd sakes, im just to lazy to go all the way to my user CP, but then i'll be half canadian soon so technically your right
Old 6th July 2002, 15:05   #73
Naamloos
Forum King

that silver looks l33t!
the bassholes do fit
Naamloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2002, 16:41   #74
BlueBalls
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Adil
I will make some cool animations for neoJB where the side panels rotate opening a glass thing showing a folder browser and a simple playlist all with a little hologram effect...
so you somewhat gonan take my advice

thats coo, its almost like a futuristic jukebox now, where the side opening to show the record going in now turns into the side opening to show songs, not bad not bad, i like, methinks the skin look 10x better in silver and it hink it looks to perfect if that makes any sense (ahh i sound liek bh now ) you shouldgive it just a tiny bit of texture, not to much, but a tiny tiny bit

there a test version out yet?

Old 8th July 2002, 10:32   #75
Adil
Major Dude

not yet, we can't start the coding yet, we still need more features and ideas for the skins.
I was very lazy this weekend... did only few improvements...
I need some vacation...
Old 9th July 2002, 18:03   #76
jasonl

Is it wise to have this skin designed to that the majority of its area does not incorprate any features?

I mean, it's a really big skin, but does it need to be? I think that aesthetics are reduced due to the large amount of simple shades of grey.

And you may want to redo the black slits on the edges of the skin, I don't think that they are properly smoothed. I'm guessing they should also be curved, unless the edges are flat (which they don't appear to be with the lighting).

Good work Adil, I like the colour of the display.
jasonl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2002, 18:10   #77
Adil
Major Dude

don't worry, all the free spaces you see in these shots will be filled with buttons and features.. just be patient...
if you have more ideas, tell me.
Old 10th July 2002, 00:44   #78
QHOBBES
Banned

Send a message via AIM to QHOBBES Send a message via Yahoo to QHOBBES
my lazy ass was to lazy (see:lazy ass) to read through all this stuff
so if someone already suggested this, KMA. in the black area put the
script that willfisher made the visulaizies the bass.
QHOBBES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2002, 22:29   #79
Joshuatree
Major Dude

Personally, I liked it black better than grey.
Old 21st July 2002, 23:03   #80
BlueBalls
Major Dude

did this skin just halt?

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins