Old 4th June 2003, 19:05   #1
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

Wolfowitz: Iraq war was about oil

Oil was the main reason for military action against Iraq, a leading White House hawk has claimed, confirming the worst fears of those opposed to the US-led war.
The US deputy defence secretary, Paul Wolfowitz - who has already undermined Tony Blair's position over weapons of mass destruction (WMD) by describing them as a "bureaucratic" excuse for war - has now gone further by claiming the real motive was that Iraq is "swimming" in oil.

The latest comments were made by Mr Wolfowitz in an address to delegates at an Asian security summit in Singapore at the weekend, and reported today by German newspapers Der Tagesspiegel and Die Welt.

Asked why a nuclear power such as North Korea was being treated differently from Iraq, where hardly any weapons of mass destruction had been found, the deputy defence minister said: "Let's look at it simply. The most important difference between North Korea and Iraq is that economically, we just had no choice in Iraq. The country swims on a sea of oil."

Mr Wolfowitz went on to tell journalists at the conference that the US was set on a path of negotiation to help defuse tensions between North Korea and its neighbours - in contrast to the more belligerent attitude the Bush administration displayed in its dealings with Iraq.

Source
Article

I rest my case

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2003, 19:26   #2
killswitch1968

Not that I doubt validity, but why hasn't anyone else spoken up about this. All the non-WMD/Oil talk is coming from this guy. I mean there are other hotshots right? And if these guys are keeping quiet, why isn't Wolfowitz.

They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards you hear satanic messages. That's nothing, if you play it forwards it installs Windows.
killswitch1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2003, 19:32   #3
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

Because he's some form of fundamentalist wacko who honestly doen't realise because he's so sure of his convictions a moral superiority?

Old 4th June 2003, 20:44   #4
killswitch1968

Quote:
Originally posted by Phily Baby
Because he's some form of fundamentalist wacko who honestly doen't realise because he's so sure of his convictions a moral superiority?
Goodness gracious, you blew my sarcasm detector, but seriously, this is an interesting question THAT IN NO WAY DISMISSES THIS CLAIM:

Why is Wolfowitz, a white house hotshot, the ONLY hotshot speaking up?Why hasn't Bush said anything? Has anyone questioned Bush? Why haven't I read this in my local (Swedish) newspaper?

They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards you hear satanic messages. That's nothing, if you play it forwards it installs Windows.
Old 4th June 2003, 21:05   #5
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

It's breaking news found today and thus papers haven't been printing it yet.

Old 4th June 2003, 22:05   #6
killswitch1968

Quote:
Originally posted by Phily Baby
It's breaking news found today and thus papers haven't been printing it yet.
I was talking about the WMD thing, which has been around for at least a week now.

Old 5th June 2003, 06:26   #7
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Who the fuck is this wolfowitz dude. Are we sure this is all kosher?

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2003, 07:36   #8
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

Deputy Secretary of defence. He's been in the background since andout Vietnam pulling the strings of presidents.

Old 5th June 2003, 16:25   #9
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

I guess that's why the article was removed..
baafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News