Old 20th September 2005, 06:12   #1
RedDragonZaratu

First Problem EVER winamp !!!-Read intresting!

Hay guys sorry for another one of these anoyying threads for help, i apologize mods and admins, but I been useing winamp for a long time now and NEVER had a problem until now.

-The main problem is when i open winamp I get a white screen on the winamp display screen, and it doesnt respond. Heres a screenshot http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ntitled0xf.jpg

Now when this started happenening? Well I was useing ventrilo a chating program www.ventrilo.com and I set the talk hot key to left alt. Now I was holding alt and talking to someone and at the same time I was on winamp and hit clear search and typed ELT for well searching Elton john and then it happened. Right from that moment I been having this problem.

Now for what I DID try was, restart the computer, reinstall, uninstall and install again, system restore, scan for ad-aware, spyware, virus, ran registry fixers, I closed all programs and tried running, I uninstalled AGAIN and deleted everything related to winamp, I cleared the winamp info in the registry editor, cleared temp files, disk defraged, I did everything and no luck AT ALL.

-So I come to you guys for help ...HELP~~~~~ hehe

Thank you if anyone knows what could fix this I would really appriciate it, thanks again, and if you need more info dont be shy to ask me.

-RedDragon
RedDragonZaratu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 05:21   #2
RedDragonZaratu

Anyone Have a idea T_T
Old 21st September 2005, 14:38   #3
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hi. Please provide basic system specs / windows os / hjt log / etc (link)

Also confirm that this was a clean install of Winamp 5.1 with no 3rd-party plugins (you didn't definitely specify that you'd deleted the Winamp dir and windows\winamp.ini before reinstalling).
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 19:31   #4
RedDragonZaratu

Yes It was a clean install of winamp 5.1 and no third party plugins, I DID delete the winamp dir and the winamp.ini in windows folder, and for my comp specs.

AMD CPU 1.4 over clocked
Raedon 9500 pro over clocked to 9700 pro
1 gig of ram
windows XP
Scuzzle CD - RW drive
160 gig harddrive 7200 RPM
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support