Old 6th April 2001, 15:24   #1
Kannou

Right; I look round the forums here now and again to find out when the next release of WA3 is, and just to see what people are saying: bugs I should look out for when using WA etc.

What I am fed up with is how seriously people are taking these forums. It's like, one guy asks "When's Alpha 6 coming out?" and everyone goes f**king insane. Why? It's a valid question. Yeah, Nullsoft have got a lot on their plate, but that's no reason to start being aggressive. You guys even complained when someone praised Winamp! What you need to do is have sex, discover alcohol...something to get you away from the computer and out of the house, and to realise that there is life beyond the Winamp forums. For God's sake, I bet even Nullsoft don't take it this seriously!

And of course some smartass is going to reply saying "Why're you taking it so seriously?" I'm not. I just don't like to see people being assholes/arseholes (whatever) to each-other because one guy believes he's more superior than the other because he's a "Senior Member" or a "Major Dude" or whatever.

Please get a life, get a girlfriend, get a beer, anything. Just don't keep slagging off people on the forums because you're a sad f**k typing away in your mum's basement.

Have a nice day. Nullsoft, you're doing a great job, keep it up: Winamp is excellent. All the rest of you arseholes? BACK OFF
Old 6th April 2001, 16:10   #2
elcapitane

Send a message via ICQ to elcapitane Send a message via AIM to elcapitane Send a message via Yahoo to elcapitane
Quote:
Originally posted by Kannou
Right; I look round the forums here now and again to find out when the next release of WA3 is, and just to see what people are saying: bugs I should look out for when using WA etc.

What I am fed up with is how seriously people are taking these forums. It's like, one guy asks "When's Alpha 6 coming out?" and everyone goes f**king insane. Why? It's a valid question. Yeah, Nullsoft have got a lot on their plate, but that's no reason to start being aggressive. You guys even complained when someone praised Winamp! What you need to do is have sex, discover alcohol...something to get you away from the computer and out of the house, and to realise that there is life beyond the Winamp forums. For God's sake, I bet even Nullsoft don't take it this seriously!

And of course some smartass is going to reply saying "Why're you taking it so seriously?" I'm not. I just don't like to see people being assholes/arseholes (whatever) to each-other because one guy believes he's more superior than the other because he's a "Senior Member" or a "Major Dude" or whatever.

Please get a life, get a girlfriend, get a beer, anything. Just don't keep slagging off people on the forums because you're a sad f**k typing away in your mum's basement.

Have a nice day. Nullsoft, you're doing a great job, keep it up: Winamp is excellent. All the rest of you arseholes? BACK OFF

OK, lemme see if I can break it down into chewy chunks....

"What I am fed up with is how seriously people are taking these forums. It's like, one guy asks "When's Alpha 6 coming out?" and everyone goes f**king insane. Why? It's a valid question."

Now, you may think it's a valid question, and the first couple of times it was, but after a while, it gets annoying. VERY annoying. It's safe to assume that if you had people coming to you and pesreting you about a project that you were doing, and asking if you could hurry it up, you'd be annoyed as hell too.

"Yeah, Nullsoft have got a lot on their plate, but that's no reason to start being aggressive. You guys even complained when someone praised Winamp!"

See previous response....

"What you need to do is have sex, discover alcohol...something to get you away from the computer and out of the house, and to realise that there is life beyond the Winamp forums. For God's sake, I bet even Nullsoft don't take it this seriously!"

Sex: Got the testicular fortitude to wait until marriage
Alcohol: Mass quantities consumed
Life beyond WinAmp forums: Got one you'd have to see to believe
Nullsoft doesn't take it seriously: Finally you got one right

"And of course some smartass is going to reply saying "Why're you taking it so seriously?" I'm not. I just don't like to see people being assholes/arseholes (whatever) to each-other because one guy believes he's more superior than the other because he's a "Senior Member" or a "Major Dude" or whatever."

Gee, how'd you guess... And for the record not all of us are smartasses or assholes, we're just trying to make Winamp a better place, a place, I might add, that doesn't need new people crying "When's the new Alpha come out!!!" every two or three posts. And before you do anything else, look at my member status....

"Please get a life, get a girlfriend, get a beer, anything. Just don't keep slagging off people on the forums because you're a sad f**k typing away in your mum's basement."

My friend, I've said it once, and I said it again. I've got a life, an incredibly beautiful girlfrind who loves me just as much, and personally, I prefer Kahlua over beer. Oh, and I don't live in my mom's basement. I have my own place on Palm Beach island. Thank you, have a nice day, I'll be here all week.

"Have a nice day. Nullsoft, you're doing a great job, keep it up: Winamp is excellent. All the rest of you arseholes? BACK OFF"

This is another one I agree with you.... Except for the arsehole part, and BTW, why the hell did you put a question mark behind it?

In case you got confused by all of this, lemme explain it for you in simple terms....

<backhand>

Shut up, Beavis!!

</backhand>
Old 6th April 2001, 16:35   #3
Kannou

Good Reply!

Nice to see someone's got a sense of humour. I get where you're coming from, but - as someone else has said - Nullsoft don't traul through all the forums, so it's not as if people are going up to them and asking them the same question, they're just posing a question to the great unknown. I'm not calling all forum people arseholes, and I'm not saying that everyone who uses these forums are sad - far from it - I'm just saying that people go a bit too far. If someone asks about the next alpha...Ignore it. If they can't be arsed to look for themselves then that's fine, but just don't waste your time.
Old 6th April 2001, 20:15   #4
RhinoTrip
Major Dude

Our original hope for the forums and bugzilla was to have a few dedicated or interested people working on alpha testing WA3. I've since given up all hope on that - maybe if we moved the forum so it could only be accessed from NSDN we'd get less garbage. I only check the site every few days and it's annoying to have to wade through lots of trash to find the one relevant question or bug. That is all.

Sipping a beer as I write this ;p

RhinoTrip
Working for the man.
Old 6th April 2001, 21:27   #5
Lepre41

Send a message via AIM to Lepre41
hey... what if the forum was only available from a WA3 plugin browser thingi? That way you'd have to at least be adept enough to get that running before you can post.
beer? women? hehe, never come to this college if you want either of those. As for humour, well, life's a joke anyway, let alone WA3. Someday we'll all wake up laughing at how funny this joke was.
Old 6th April 2001, 22:03   #6
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

The basics of it are this, Nullsoft arent really giving release dates, nor are they actually answering any questions about release dates, so what is the point in asking? None of us know, so its a moot point.
Case closed.

CraigF

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion