Old 29th January 2002, 20:48   #1
Thorgal

mirc plugin?

I've tried several IRC plugins to see if they worked with wa3, no luck so far though.. does anyone know of a plugin that does work with mIRC, or is it simply not possible yet due to wa3 bugs/whatever?
Old 29th January 2002, 22:59   #2
KJ

What sort of plugins? Winamp only accepts Winamp plugins! It can't use plugins designed 4 other apps!
Old 29th January 2002, 23:02   #3
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

There are a couple IRC plugins for Winamp2. But you can't use them unless you get the Winamp 2.x Plugin Manager for Winamp 3 by Schweitn. They may or may not work based on what parts of the Winamp 2.x API they use. Schweitn has notes at his website about the kinds of plugins you can expect to work/not work with his manager.

-=Gonzotek=-

I was away for a while.
But I'm feeling much better now.
Old 29th January 2002, 23:06   #4
Thorgal

KJ: I was talking about those plugins which enable apps like mIRC to print out the winamp info of the song you're currently playing, etc.

Gonzotek: I tried most IRC plugins in conjunction with the wa3 2.x plugin manager, no luck so far. The problem is that I'm not sure wether it's because of winamp3, or because of a misconfiguration. So, if anyone has used these kind of plugins with winamp3 with success, I'd love to hear it. Thanks in advance.
Old 29th January 2002, 23:13   #5
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

If it's related to playlist management (which I think the title code might be) it won't be in until the next sdk comes out(I think) because the sdk doesn't provide a method to access that data, yet. You could send schweitn the urls of the plugins you think are suspect. He should be able to definitively say whether it's his component, Winamp, the plugin, or (the dreaded) user error.

-=Gonzotek=-

I was away for a while.
But I'm feeling much better now.
Old 30th January 2002, 04:53   #6
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

Send a message via AIM to schweitn Send a message via Yahoo to schweitn
No need to send me a url... I can pretty much tell you without a doubt that they won't work until the Beta 3 sdk is out - if the team comes through on their promise and gets playlist management in the SDK.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Winamp 3 Projects | Winamp 2x Plugin Manager | Explorer Playlist | FileSystem Object | Shoutcast List | Sashimi
Old 30th January 2002, 14:59   #7
Thorgal

Ah, ok, thanks for clearing that up
Old 30th January 2002, 20:19   #8
Lactobacillus

There was an IRC component for Winamp3 made by Nullsoft, but only for Alpha 4 n1c8...
Old 30th January 2002, 20:43   #9
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

Send a message via AIM to schweitn Send a message via Yahoo to schweitn
Quote:
Originally posted by Lactobacillus
There was an IRC component for Winamp3 made by Nullsoft, but only for Alpha 4 n1c8...
Yeah, Francis made it and posted it on his website... but it definitely wouldn't work now.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Winamp 3 Projects | Winamp 2x Plugin Manager | Explorer Playlist | FileSystem Object | Shoutcast List | Sashimi
Old 30th January 2002, 21:02   #10
KJ

Quote:
Originally posted by Thorgal
KJ: I was talking about those plugins which enable apps like mIRC to print out the winamp info of the song you're currently playing, etc.
Ok. I missunderstood. I've always thought WA3 would have this built-in as it was in K-Jöfol, so now i know it won't, plugins are welcome

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion