Old 21st December 2009, 18:02   #1
mowogmedia

Upgrade to 5.57 renders product inoperable

Up front Please excuse the rant but my satisfaction with Winamp is about zero right now.

OK, so i seemingly made a few mistakes with winamp, the latest being that I upgraded to 5.57 which has now made it impossible to play anything.

When i try to play something it does a quick scan of the song and then just sits there doing nothing. I click play and i get a pop up menu saying that "the track already exists do i want to overwrite?"

What I used to do to play songs using 5.56 ... just flat doesn't work under 5.57...at ALL.

So I come to the forum for answers and what am i greeted with as a paying customer.... I cannot use my hotmail account to join the forum! It was ok to take my money for the product but somehow computer people cannot port the fact that I am a paying customer over to the forum!

Again sorry for the rant but i am feeling like the worlds biggest sucker for paying for WinAmp particularly now as it no longer plays anything!
mowogmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 18:36   #2
jtbse

Send a message via AIM to jtbse Send a message via Yahoo to jtbse
Have you checked your active output plugin? The symptoms sound like maybe you've got the Nullsoft Diskwriter output plugin active?
jtbse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 18:57   #3
mowogmedia

Thanks jtbse... seems to have solved the problem.... don't know why that changed after the upgrade though. Thanks again
mowogmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support