Old 10th September 2014, 07:23   #1
lemurgazda

YP [easy handle already used in multi handle]

Hello!
Since today, around 2am CET, something happened with my stream. It probably has some problems with the authhash. Here is the status:

Quote:
Unable to connect to the Directory.
The server will behave like it is private.
In my log is written this:

Quote:
ERROR [YP] Request [http://yp.shoutcast.com:80/yp2] failed, code: 2 [easy handle already used in multi handle]
or

Quote:
ERROR [YP] Request [http://yp.shoutcast.com:80/createauthhash] failed, code: 2 [easy handle already used in multi handle]
when I deleted the Authhash (Which stopped to produce errors).

There's also a debug message
Quote:
DEBUG [YP] Unable to process the request. Check the server logs for more details. 669
Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks for any replies

Last edited by lemurgazda; 10th September 2014 at 08:53.
lemurgazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 10:52   #2
DrO

DNAS version?
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 11:43   #3
lemurgazda

Latest build (Downloaded yesterday)
Sorry, I just noticed, I put the thread in a wrong section
Old 10th September 2014, 11:53   #4
DrO

and OS version and anything specific about the setup being used ? i.e. do you run the DNAS directly or under a control panel, etc.
Old 10th September 2014, 12:05   #5
lemurgazda

Windows Server 2008 (64bit), I'm running DNAS directly and using sc_trans2 on the same machine. Strange thing is it happened suddenly.

This is what I get, when I restart the DNAS:
Quote:
2014-09-10 13:00:43 DEBUG [YP] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response><statusCode>467</statusCode><statusText>Parameter value not recognized in stored values</statusText><statusDetailText>genre value not recognized</statusDetailText></response>
2014-09-10 13:00:53 WARN [YP] Unable to automatically create an authhash for stream #1
2014-09-10 13:00:53 WARN [YP] Error code is 467 [Parameter value not recognized in stored values]
2014-09-10 13:00:53 WARN [YP] Detailed error message is: genre value not recognized
EDIT:
I tried to again restart the DNAS (previously no improvement)
After i manually added the Authhash it's now working!

Please, don't close this thread, for it may drop again, thank you!
And thank you DrO!

Last edited by lemurgazda; 10th September 2014 at 12:12. Reason: Progress
Old 10th September 2014, 12:20   #6
DrO

as you'd removed the authhash, the DNAS will then generally try to re-create one from the information obtained by the source and it seems like that the sc_trans instance is not providing a valid match to what is actually allowed (the DNAS and YP try to match things to the supported genre list, however that is limited and you generally need to use the exact value).

the "easy handle already used in multi handle" error is something that really shouldn't happen but so far we've not tracked down why that is happening (since it relates to the re-worked YP handling to use libcurl since the 2.2.2 release). so if it comes back (as that's what happened to another user seeing that happen), then we'll probably need to get you to run some debug options &/or try out a newer build.
Old 11th September 2014, 09:29   #7
lemurgazda

At 20:48 yesterday I've deleted an stream entry added in DNAS config file. There were 2 streams defined there. Then restarted the DNAS.

It was working till 6:58, then same handle error occured.
Old 11th September 2014, 10:59   #8
DrO

you do know you can do a config reload instead of a DNAS restart to get such config changes applied (its one of the benefits of v2 over v1 that most things can be changed whilst its still running.

did the source do anything just before that happened i.e. was dropped or showed any sort of error? also does disconnecting and reconnecting the source help to clear the error?

either way we'll be digging into the YP code to see what we can find is the cause. so will follow up with you in a few days. in the meanwhile all I can suggest is keeping an eye on things and restart as needed.
Old 12th September 2014, 03:54   #9
lemurgazda

Sorry, I had to wait for a long time before it dropped this time. So I made the test(s).

Restarting the source didn't change a thing, as soon as the source reconnects, and send 1st song, error occurs. Only restarting DNAS helps.

Different songs are triggering the 1st error. (Songs aren't the cause)
Old 12th September 2014, 11:06   #10
DrO

ok I thought that'd be the case but thanks for trying. I've tried to dig through libcurl to find what causes such an error but haven't had much luck so will have to see if updating libcurl in the DNAS helps as well as trying a few other things (which might still cause the error to happen but should allow it to recover on the next attempt).
Old 13th September 2014, 03:09   #11
DrO

i've sent you a pm with a request for some information.

in the meanwhile, i think i've been able to replicate the issue on one of my test setups - i don't get that error message but all YP connectivity just fails after a number of hours of running, which is the nearest match i can get to what you're seeing.

as i've only just seen it happen (not great timing as i was about to log off for the weekend since it's now gone 3am here), it'll have to now wait until sunday night at the earliest before i can try to track down things further.
Old 3rd October 2014, 16:56   #12
djjeshk

I am using SHOUTcast DNAS (sc_serv) v2 version 147, 9, 9, 2014. After few days usage shoutcast dnas starts to output errors like this

Quote:
2014-10-03 18:35:21 ERROR [YP] Request [http://yp.shoutcast.com:80/yp2] fa
iled, code: 2 [easy handle already used in multi handle]
2014-10-03 18:35:22 ERROR [YP] Request [http://yp.shoutcast.com:80/yp2] fa
2014-10-03 18:35:27 ERROR [YP] Request [http://yp.shoutcast.com:80/yp2] fa
I have running 9 streams with titles. Looks like requests are not thread safe and may crash each other when running at same time.

I want to say that this thread is NOT answered.
djjeshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2014, 17:48   #13
DrO

where does it say this thread has been answered / solved? as there is nothing mentioned and it's clearly noted in the known issues section of the release thread that we know something is not right with the YP connectivity in some cases.
Old 11th November 2014, 19:25   #14
djjeshk

is it fixed in lastest version?
Old 11th November 2014, 19:36   #15
DrO

i don't know as no one who reported the issue has said either way if the current build improves things or not.
Old 12th November 2014, 16:46   #16
djjeshk

Looks like [easy handle already used in multi handle] error is replaced with partial shoutcast crash. Streaming works until i close window - shoutcast has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Old 12th November 2014, 16:53   #17
DrO

close what window ?

if there is an issue, you need to provide as much information as possible as i have basically nothing to go on from what you've said like what OS build is this happening with? are you running under a control panel, etc. the more information about your setup and what you are specifically doing, the more chance we can work out what the issue is.
Old 12th November 2014, 20:07   #18
djjeshk

It just crashed again, it shows in console following:
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
I am using lastest windows 32 bit version binary from http://www.shoutcast.com/broadcastnow
I run it just launching a batch scipt and console appears of course.
You may download memory dump from http://baltijateam.serveris.id.lv:8080/shoutcastcrash/

I will run it under debbuger to see what really happened.
Old 12th November 2014, 21:24   #19
DrO

i've had a quick look at the full dump and it's really not giving me much of a hint of what was going on when the issue happened. what where you doing and / or did at the time it crashed ?
Old 12th November 2014, 21:45   #20
djjeshk

I did nothing at time it crashed and nobody was listening my radio station.
I noticed that after program crash it does not communicate with YP anymore. Before crash it reports successful title update to YP.
Edit:
I think shoutcast is not handling this error anymore and crashes.
Old 12th November 2014, 21:48   #21
DrO

did the log indicate the source had disconnected just before the crash ?
did you do something to close the console window ?

as for you saying it won't communicate after the crash, what error is reported in the DNAS log ? (though i know of no obvious reason for it to be able to do that if the process completely crashed)

[edit]
if i knew what the error was then i would be able to comment on the edited comment you've added. as i don't, i don't know what is going on with your install and there is nothing that the crash dump does to make it clear what is or is not happening.
Old 12th November 2014, 22:07   #22
djjeshk

Process does not completely crashes, it contiue to communicate properly with sources. Why? Child thread crashes but main thread does not. Next Windows Error Reporting is coming up and shows shoutcast has encountered a problem and needs to close. If i close Windows Error Reporting, it kills process completely. If i do not touch that stupid window, process will contiue to operate normally.

As I said
Quote:
I noticed that after program crash it does not communicate with YP anymore. Before crash it reports successful title update to YP.
Old 12th November 2014, 22:11   #23
DrO

you said it crashed and based on the dump it appeared to be a full process crash hence why i said what i had. it was not at all clear from what had been said that it's just a child thread failing (which then in-turn will bring down the process depending upon the action you take).

well there must be something happening prior to the event and maybe there is a clue in the DNAS log which you're not seeing. i'd also suggest running the DNAS will all of the debug logging options enabled and when it next crashes, sending that to me.
Old 12th November 2014, 22:31   #24
djjeshk

I enabled all debug options in server configuration. I will drop log here when i notice crash.
Old 12th November 2014, 22:34   #25
DrO

upload it and pm me a link to it. do not post it in this thread as that will contain information that is not appropriate to be posted publically.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support