Old 23rd June 2022, 00:35   #1
milosz

Need front end with audio compressor/limiter

I'm still using sc_trans as my front end for sc_serv on Ubuntu, it churns through the playlist of MP3 files reliably and it's super easy to set up; I've been using it since about 2014.

I now want to change to a different "front end" one that will offer some audio processing, in particular I want compressor-limiter function to bring all the tracks volume level to a standard level.

I've looked at LiquidSoap and I know it could work except I've never been able to get it working for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
milosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2022, 15:45   #2
thinktink
Forum King

Only thing I can think of is to run Winamp under Wine if you have a GUI desktop which can source a SHOUTcast stream through a myriad of plugins. Of course you will need to install a slurry of additional plugins to get the desired effects. If you go this route, don't install modern skin support, it doesn't work under Wine (last time I tried, which was eons ago.)
thinktink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2022, 02:16   #3
milosz

Winamp / WINE

Thanks. I have considered this. I doubt that using winamp / wine as a front end will be reliable enough. And I don't currently have a GUI shell installed, though I could.

Using sc_trans as the "front end" I can go six months without having to look at the server. It just WORKS.

Unless I find another alternative, I am going to have to bring in someone who can help me get LiquidSoap to run. It's not impossible, I'm sure - just beyond my level of Linux skill and patience.

I got an instance of LiquidSoap to run - fulfilled all the mad dependencies - but although there was an instance running I could not get it to actually connect to sc_serv, no matter what I did. So I got close, but there were no cigars.
milosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions