Old 26th September 2001, 17:12   #1
s0be
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to s0be Send a message via AIM to s0be Send a message via Yahoo to s0be
Math

where can I find a list of the available math functions in scripting?

/*
S0Be
*/

And On that day, the Lords of the land said unto their Master Architect, "The temple you have made to the gods of Wasabi and Maki has brought us no great prosperity" and they sent out him into the lands.

As he traveled to a far off land, he found he wasn't traveling alone, but that he had gained companions, and when they found their new land, they started work on a new temple, one that would be OPEN to all who wanted to worship.

from The Book of Wasabi C 12 Vs 09 (pg 2003)
s0be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2001, 17:39   #2
s0be
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to s0be Send a message via AIM to s0be Send a message via Yahoo to s0be
heh, found it about 45 seconds later on Rhino's site, once I stopped looking, oh well...

anyways, can somone whose much better than I am at scripting look at my modified rotation script (might even work right now, I'm not sure since my pc won't load WA3 right now)

Also, this is intended to be an alternative to rotationlayer.m, so don't be surprised if it looks similar(I've noted what all I added)

/*
S0Be
*/
Attached Files
File Type: txt s0berotationlayer.m.txt (4.1 KB, 239 views)

And On that day, the Lords of the land said unto their Master Architect, "The temple you have made to the gods of Wasabi and Maki has brought us no great prosperity" and they sent out him into the lands.

As he traveled to a far off land, he found he wasn't traveling alone, but that he had gained companions, and when they found their new land, they started work on a new temple, one that would be OPEN to all who wanted to worship.

Old 26th September 2001, 17:56   #3
Naamloos
Forum King

Huge huge...
Maybe you can make the functions and such a little bit more self explaining...
Thanks
Naamloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2001, 17:59   #4
s0be
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by no*name
Huge huge...
Maybe you can make the functions and such a little bit more self explaining...
Thanks

_MyVarRotateAbout((double dtheta, double centerx, double centery);

is the only one I added. what it (should) do is, if you specify a point on the skin, and the change in angle(dtheta), it will rotate a object about that point.

/*
S0Be
*/

Old 26th September 2001, 18:11   #5
Francis
French Admin

Re: Math

Quote:
Originally posted by s0bellzard
where can I find a list of the available math functions in scripting?

/*
S0Be
*/
until we make a scripting doc, you can have a look at lib/std.mi for the list of the latest available functions.

Francis.

Bluemars - Music For The Space Traveller
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2001, 23:50   #6
lunarboy1
Forum King

Re: Re: Math

Quote:
Originally posted by Francis

until we make a scripting doc, you can have a look at lib/std.mi for the list of the latest available functions.

Francis.
thanx
lunarboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2001, 05:48   #7
Naamloos
Forum King

I knew that, and there is a dir where you can see all the names for the wacs
Old 27th September 2001, 18:03   #8
lunarboy1
Forum King

heh heh
Old 27th September 2001, 18:30   #9
s0be
Major Dude

has anyone tried out my script to see if it works? I havn't got a computer available that will work with WA3(and won't for a few days) and was hoping for some feedback as to it's state.

/*
S0Be
*/

Old 27th September 2001, 20:17   #10
Naamloos
Forum King

Lemme dig up an old skin i was trying to use this script for
Ill post it saturday... tomorrow i won't be able to post too much
Old 27th September 2001, 22:46   #11
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

I know you said you can't get to WA3 capable computer Sobe, but I've got a little suggestion. Scripters should create small example skins that demonstrate the features of their scripts (the ones they want to give away, anyway, like yours). Ideally, the "skin" would be the bare minimum of files needed for the script to work, e.g. no graphics except the ones the script deals with, all the .xml in one or two files, etc. This would make it easier for someone to understand the script and incorporate it into other skins. Testing it out would then be easier too.

Whenever I try my hand at scripting WA3, I'll follow my own advice .
-=Gonzotek=-

I was away for a while.
But I'm feeling much better now.
Gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2001, 05:23   #12
s0be
Major Dude

ok, I'll write one...

don't know why I didn't think of that, I may just be drunk it happens to the best of us. I don't really have time to do anything else right now, trying to get wine working again(rebuilt box) but it's on my todo list. anyone else out there, feel free to rip my script and tweak on it. It's just a good basis for what will need to be done to make it truly work.

/*
S0Be
*/

Old 28th September 2001, 05:46   #13
Naamloos
Forum King

So what needs to be done in there ?
As i said before i can give it a shot.. but i haven't got much time today...
I've got a skin for you if you want to use it as example... it's one with rotating blades maybe you've seen it before in the forums.
Well I'll dig it up, it's on my other computer i guess
Old 29th September 2001, 18:44   #14
lunarboy1
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by no*name
So what needs to be done in there ?
As i said before i can give it a shot.. but i haven't got much time today...
I've got a skin for you if you want to use it as example... it's one with rotating blades maybe you've seen it before in the forums.
Well I'll dig it up, it's on my other computer i guess
coolies
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins