Old 25th October 2000, 17:07   #1
Idealsys

I have a static IP address for my laptop. I'm using DSL. I'm trying to serve content on-demand. Right now I'm running a little test with Hyperlinks in MS Word:
http://my.ip.add.ress:8000/content/mp3name.pls

I set up DNAS to use port 8000 and installed DSP and set it up for port 8000. I used the default password for now.

When I click on my hyperlink in Word it opens IE with an "Invalid Resource" message.

Wassup?
Idealsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2000, 21:16   #2
Idealsys

Please, somebody, anybody...Buehler?
Old 4th November 2000, 02:33   #3
etsch

I've got the answer! Here's the official reply I got from Tech support:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Did you fire up the server with the current directory (aka working directory) set as the parent directory of the content folder? Sc_serv looks for the content directory inside the parent directory it was started with, not necessarily where it is stored. The way to make sure is to open a command line, manually cd into the parent directory of the content folder, and invoke sc_serv_gui.exe (path to sc_serv.conf)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Translated, that means you have two options (I installed the GUI version):
<OL TYPE=A>
<LI>Open a command line prompt and go to the directory that cs_serv_gui.exe is in and invoke the program from there (don't forget to include the name of the ini file in the command line or it will look for a sc_serv_gui.ini, which may or may not exist).
<LI>Hit Start|Programs and drill your way down to the icon for "SHOUTcast DNAS (GUI)", but right-click on it instead and choose "Properties." There you can adjust the "Start in:" field to the parent directory of the content folder, in my case C:\Progra~1\SHOUTcast\ (or "C:\Program Files\SHOUTcast", if you include the quotes). The server can then be fired up from the Start menu and will function properly.
</OL>

Ed
etsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2000, 04:24   #4
Idealsys

etsch: Big time thanks - I'll try it!

P.S. Kinda makes sense in a strange way.
Old 4th November 2000, 10:08   #5
Idealsys

IT WORKED! I just changed the Startup Directory in my shortcut to the path to ShoutCast and...well...it just plain worked! I'M STREAMING, BABY!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions