Old 26th May 2020, 14:06   #41
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Over a week since coming down with what the Doctors surgery suspects was Covid 19 and I still feel like I've been "Beaten Up" Totally lethargic feel tired all the time.

Not something i want to repeat... I've had to buy complete new bedding from quilts to pillows because of how much sweat came out of me.

I just hope we don't get a second wave like they;re predicting be cause no one knows if you can catch it twice.

Proud USER of RadioDJ free radio playout software since 2010

Running RadioDJ on a 16GB AMD10 Computer

New Blog - Winamp - RadioDJ
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2020, 21:03   #42
siebe83
Forum King

I hope you get well soon!

If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2020, 04:00   #43
mikm
Major Dude

I've been lucky so far. Me and my loved ones are all health and I'm still fully employed.

I mostly feel bad for my students. They've basically lost over a quarter of their education this year. We've been doing online learning, but many of them have limited access to computers and we really can't cover the same amount of material working remotely.

powered by C₈H₁₀N₄O₂
mikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2020, 14:48   #44
Prycejosh1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Garybaldy View Post
I'm in a high risk group and I've been placed into lockdown for 12 weeks (maybe longer) by my GP because of health conditions.

I'm not working because of afore mentioned health issues.

Most Schools/Colleges/universities in the UK are closed right now.

Its a worrying time I just hope it doesn't hit as bad as they fear it might.
Sorry to hear that, get well soon. Whatever the health issues you have you can overcome them by doing certain things. Eat right, take your vitamins, work out and exercise your body and pray. All the best.
Prycejosh1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2020, 15:40   #45
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

I don't pray... totally Atheist.

Was put off religion over 40 years ago after being forced into going to church and Sunday school hated it

Religion causes War & Death

Old 5th June 2020, 03:27   #46
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

How are you holding up now... Gary, is it? Been a few days since your last update.

I don't know anybody IRL who's caught the bug. We (state govt) are starting to slowly return to the office. My team of ~20 can have up to 4 people in the office each day. I'm happy not to put my hand up for that, so I can keep saving money on bus fare, city lunches, etc.

Jonesy, I'd agree that weekends were my marriage's primary "quality time" window, back when I was staying with my mum during the working week up near town, while Shy stayed at home – a two-hour commute away. Now that we've sold that place and are renting closer to town, pre-COVID I got to come home to the girls each night, and now being with them most of each day... it's good times, man.

Not sure if I ever said as much back when we visited, but that plowman's you and I both had for lunch near Lord's was shithouse, wasn't it? Bits of scrap on a portion of feckin' railway sleeper, how absolutely pretentious.

p.s. G'day fuck.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2020, 03:24   #47
YTrojan

Not much, I stay at home all the time even outside of a pandemic.
YTrojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2020, 14:37   #48
djcalzar

One of the Unlucky? few

Well I have been inside my house for over 12 weeks now and I reckon with people going out to protest with mostly no face covering that a second spike here in the UK is imminent. Hate being stuck inside but if it keeps me from catching a dose of this awful disease then so be it.

Plenty to do as I DJ and realised that I need to go through my MP3's and edit the odd 14,000= tracks titled various. Don't you love the way some albums are tagged poorly.

Stay safe everyone, everywhere
djcalzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2020, 15:01   #49
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcalzar View Post
Well I have been inside my house for over 12 weeks now and I reckon with people going out to protest with mostly no face covering that a second spike here in the UK is imminent. Hate being stuck inside but if it keeps me from catching a dose of this awful disease then so be it.

Plenty to do as I DJ and realised that I need to go through my MP3's and edit the odd 14,000= tracks titled various. Don't you love the way some albums are tagged poorly.

Stay safe everyone, everywhere
Ditto I've been stuck in apart from the odd shopping trip.

I've spent 10 years curating and tagging my music collection. Its a labour of love.

mp3tag saved me shed loads of time.

Old 8th June 2020, 15:05   #50
djcalzar

Yeah MP3tag is a great tool and also musicpicard is good. Hope you are better from your bout of Covid. If I hadn't paid a shedload of money for SAM I would use RadioDJ too but I have invested in it sooo Stay well mate
djcalzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2020, 16:05   #51
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

I once invested money in SAM, worst mistake of my life. I switched from SAM near on 10 years ago now. $299 was a HUGE chunk of money to lose.

Yeah I'm over the Covid scare, now I have an Abscess causing me grief. My teeth never have been that great and i get infections all the sodding time.

Old 10th June 2020, 03:53   #52
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Thank you for the well wishes fc*uk. Our students graduated without a ceremony and instead we've just done videos and a driving parade where graduates were in vehicles and spectators had to stand far from each other.

We've been ok with the quarantine because work keeps us busy most of the time, and where we live could keep us busy forever. As far as I know, none of my students got the disease. It helps to live in a mostly rural community.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2020, 20:20   #53
konklusif

I hope the virus pandemic ends soon
konklusif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2020, 12:33   #54
White Raven
Little Winged One

I've blessedly managed to stay among the living, as has everyone I properly know. A distant relative of mine caught it and died a few months ago.

I tend to spend most of my time at home anyways so, it hasn't affected me very much aside from removing my ability to occasionally work at a café for a change of scenery, and isolating me from friends etc which takes its toll on one's mental health, but, such is the way of things.

Things are starting to change now, little by little, and I've been venturing out to get the odd fancy coffee or fruit smoothie along with a walk to get fresh air. Got some fun face masks. I should get one with a raven's beak printed on it.

just as feathery as ever | portfolio | a poignant quote
White Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2020, 22:24   #55
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Raven beak mask?

Old 3rd August 2020, 16:25   #56
White Raven
Little Winged One

Indeed. I widely attribute my ongoing survival to the additional social distancing benefits of wearing a colossal white plague doctor mask and screaming about infection rates.

just as feathery as ever | portfolio | a poignant quote
White Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 14:34   #57
fc*uk

I'm grumpy at America's flipping abysmal handling of this pandemic. I work very closely with a facility in Limerick, Ireland and those folks just think we are a bunch of ass clowns [which we are].

We can't test, the accuracy of the tests we have are abysmal, but you know what... none of that matters because we've gotta open up! It's nice that everyone (asshat of a president, local governors, etc.) are so willing to sacrifice human lives for capitalism. Though I guess we have been doing that since about the 1800's...

Even more frustrating... I was supposed to see Lindsey Stirling in Atlanta towards the end of July... clearly that didn't happen...
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 15:20   #58
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc*uk View Post

We can't test, the accuracy of the tests we have are abysmal, but you know what... none of that matters because we've gotta open up! It's nice that everyone (asshat of a president, local governors, etc.) are so willing to sacrifice human lives for capitalism.
Over in the UK its no better the Tories are mishandling this pandemic and the term "Herd immunity" keeps getting banded about in this country.

they've opened bars far too early now they're blaming the public for an increase in the R rate.

Its truly unbelievable how America is handling it too.

Old 8th August 2020, 15:48   #59
NJK
FRYSK BLOED TSJOCH OP- FRISIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Garybaldy View Post
Over in the UK its no better the Tories are mishandling this pandemic and the term "Herd immunity" keeps getting banded about in this country.

they've opened bars far too early now they're blaming the public for an increase in the R rate.

Its truly unbelievable how America is handling it too.

at first most nations had comments about how this pandemic was handled by the dutch goverment , but given the situation in the world , it's not so bad to be living here.

Ok , small village and not a big city . Sticking to the rules , keeping my distance and working home , lucky to have a very big garden.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

Nope, it's not a radiostation just a non stop darkwave music stream

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 17:28   #60
fc*uk

I had no idea the UK was that bad off, or maybe it's just be comparison to the US. They have tried to shutdown bars here as those are fairly large transmission centers. However, it wasn't worded quite right, so bars can remain open by selling someone a $0.01 peanut with their pint. LOOK BRAH, WE SERVE FOOD TOO!!!! What idiots.

NJK, I hear you on the small town bit. Though I am in Florida, I am no where near Miami and am quite happy about that at the moment. Though Jacksonville is a fairly big city, it is a very spread out city which I believe helps. At times my wife and I have considered packing bags and moving to the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately, for the US that is where most of the noncompliant, COVID is a hoax, I'm not wearing a face mask folks live. So, not exactly the safest place either.

... and that's what really bakes my noodle. The rest of the world: we need to shutdown, wear a mask, and be compliant with what health organizations tell us. The US: oh, screw that; everyone is full of shit ... I'm doing what ever I want.
Old 8th August 2020, 17:48   #61
NJK

@fc*uk

i think we can fitt my town twice in Pickwick Park,

Yes google maps rocks.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 8th August 2020, 23:36   #62
fc*uk

Dude ... serious envy over here... I would frickin love to be in a place that small right now ... with the education of most Europeans...
Old 9th August 2020, 08:42   #63
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

The UK has had it really bad over 60,000 deaths but I guess we'll never know the true figure as they keep fudging the stats,

I don't get why the Government has to sweep things under the carpet, just tell us the facts without being Truth Twisting charlatans.

They didn't lock down the UK early enough in the first instance which lead to more lives being lost.

I'll be glad when they find a vaccine

Old 9th August 2020, 15:46   #64
mikm
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc*uk View Post
I'm grumpy at America's flipping abysmal handling of this pandemic. I work very closely with a facility in Limerick, Ireland and those folks just think we are a bunch of ass clowns [which we are].

We can't test, the accuracy of the tests we have are abysmal, but you know what... none of that matters because we've gotta open up! It's nice that everyone (asshat of a president, local governors, etc.) are so willing to sacrifice human lives for capitalism. Though I guess we have been doing that since about the 1800's...

Even more frustrating... I was supposed to see Lindsey Stirling in Atlanta towards the end of July... clearly that didn't happen...

Between our collective disdain for social safety nets/universal health care, willingness to trust reality TV stars over scientists, and our general selfishness (e.g., all the people refusing to wear a mask or social distance), this disease feels almost tailor-made for screwing over Americans.

powered by C₈H₁₀N₄O₂
mikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2020, 23:59   #65
fc*uk

^ darn near brutal, honest truth.

Well said, sir ...
Old 11th August 2020, 02:43   #66
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Suggesting that reopening society means we're "willing to sacrifice human lives for capitalism" is really childish. If you're willing to accept zero deaths, why do we allow people to drive? People die from influenza every year; are those deaths acceptable? Of course they are, because death is part of life.

People postulate as though there are good simple answers. There are no good simple answers; every scenario ends with some people dying, either directly at the hands of the virus, or indirectly due to economic strangulation leading to depression, suicide, etc.

The fact that places which have been essentially locked down full-time since May (California) have fared no better than those that have partially reopened (Florida, Texas) gives lie to the narrative that lockdown = success. Not accepting ANY deaths is how you make bad policy. There are also contributing vectors such as the virus having segmented/mutated since leaving China, the efficacy of masks, the silliness of mandating masks in sparsely populated outdoor areas like parks...

I come back to the line that there are no good, simple answers and that decrying Trump/Republican governance as the reason why people have died is disingenuous at best. Trump has no power to mandate masks or any other such unconstitutional measure; his [federal] job is to provide the governors what they need (which Democrat and Republican governors alike have said he has done), close international borders (which he did, to crows of xenophobia and racism at the time) and beyond that, leave the states to do their thing.

If Trump remarked at how nicely blue the sky was on a given day, some folks would claim it was orange. After all, orange man bad, right guys?

Old 23rd August 2020, 02:36   #67
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

@NJK

I hear that while in Canada we have to stay 6 feet apart, in Friesland you only have to stay 4 feet apart. Is that true?

(they did say that is true because you have bigger feet )

Wildrose-Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2020, 06:32   #68
NJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildrose-Wally View Post
@NJK

I hear that while in Canada we have to stay 6 feet apart, in Friesland you only have to stay 4 feet apart. Is that true?

(they did say that is true because you have bigger feet )
No, ain't true
in meters it's 1.5 or 5 feet

and you know that everything is always bigger the USA and Canada.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 23rd August 2020, 12:09   #69
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

So here it is 6 feet (2 meters), there 5 feet (1.5 meters), I guess it is true, you do have bigger feet.

Old 23rd August 2020, 12:22   #70
NJK

Quote:
So here it is 6 feet (2 meters), there 5 feet (1.5 meters), I guess it is true, you do have bigger feet.

shoesize 11 according to the English table or in European sizes 46

just not big enough to pay roadtax.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 23rd August 2020, 14:31   #71
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

@NJK, I found something for you:

It Lytse Kafee Oan De Haven

De jûnssinne falt oer de strjitten en pleinen,
De gloed sakket fuort yn 'e stêd
En minsken dy't wurch yn har huzen ferdwine,
Dy wolle dan ek hast op bêd
De neonreklame wjerspegelt yn ruten,
It storeint en alles wurdt wiet
De stêd liket útstoarn, dochs klinkt der muzyk
Út in doar dy't noch wiid iepen stiet.

Dêr yn dat lytse kafee oan de haven
Dêr binn' de minsken gewoan en sljochtwei
Dêr telt dyn jild of waasto bist net mear mei

De taap is fan koper dochs leit der gjin loper,
En Foppe syn klup oan 'e wand
De gokkast dy jout mear kabaal as de jukeboks,
It bier giet goedkeap nei de klant
In mins is dêr mins, Jan of Pyt, swart of wyt,
Gjin 'Messieurs' of 'Mesdames' mar WC
De glêzen binn' spield yn it helderste wetter,
't Is echt wier in hiel goed kafee.

Dêr yn dat lytse kafee oan de haven ...

De weareldproblemen dy binn' tusken twa glêzen
Bier út 'e wei foar altyd
De râne fan 't bierfiltsje toant dêr dyn rekken
Of stiest by de baas yn it kryt
In aai dat is alles datst ite kinst dêr ek al
Past dat net mear yn 'e tiid
Mar de minsken dy binne dêr lokkich gewoan,
Ja de minsken dy binne noch bliid.

Old 23rd August 2020, 14:36   #72
NJK

Quote:
@NJK, I found something for you:

It Lytse Kafee Oan De Haven

De jûnssinne falt oer de strjitten en pleinen,
De gloed sakket fuort yn 'e stêd
En minsken dy't wurch yn har huzen ferdwine,
Dy wolle dan ek hast op bêd
De neonreklame wjerspegelt yn ruten,
It storeint en alles wurdt wiet
De stêd liket útstoarn, dochs klinkt der muzyk
Út in doar dy't noch wiid iepen stiet.

Dêr binn' de minsken gewoan en sljochtwei
Dêr telt dyn jild of waasto bist net mear mei

De taap is fan koper dochs leit der gjin loper,
En Foppe syn klup oan 'e wand
De gokkast dy jout mear kabaal as de jukeboks,
It bier giet goedkeap nei de klant
In mins is dêr mins, Jan of Pyt, swart of wyt,
Gjin 'Messieurs' of 'Mesdames' mar WC
De glêzen binn' spield yn it helderste wetter,
't Is echt wier in hiel goed kafee.

De weareldproblemen dy binn' tusken twa glêzen
Bier út 'e wei foar altyd
De râne fan 't bierfiltsje toant dêr dyn rekken
Of stiest by de baas yn it kryt
In aai dat is alles datst ite kinst dêr ek al
Past dat net mear yn 'e tiid
Mar de minsken dy binne dêr lokkich gewoan,
Ja de minsken dy binne noch bliid.

It's been a very small hit in the dutch chart but it's been a giant hit all over the world in different languages. There are version in almost every language you can imagine. The man behind it has made a fortune with this song.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 23rd August 2020, 14:50   #73
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Het Kleine Café Aan De Haven

Het Kleine Café Aan De Haven

Old 15th September 2020, 04:35   #74
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

My dad's best friend just died of it a couple weelemds ago. He already had a couple minor non-respiratory health problems but nothing serious so it was quite a shock, especially since it took him pretty quickly. They graduated high school together in 1953 and have been regularly hanging out as friends ever since ~67 years if my math is right plus any time they were friends before graduation, usually weekly with a park walk and breakfast at a local small restaurant. They weren't doing this during COVID time though since they knew the risk was high at their ages. Not sure how it was picked up. Please be careful folks. It likely won't kill you when you get it if you're a healthy low risk person, but it could get the unlucky person that gets it from you. The dead don't care who killed them, or how, or why. They're just dead. But the living have to live with those painful details in their conscience while they grieve the loss of long, long term friends and family members. Please be careful.

Old 15th September 2020, 23:37   #75
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

It sucks that people die. I'm sorry for the loss of your family friend, Ted.

I think that the following statements are broadly correct:
  1. The genie will not go back in the bottle. China released this thing and whether we accept it or not, it will kill some of us.
  2. Between now and whenever a vaccine becomes available (if ever), we can't avoid each other such that the virus will stop spreading.
  3. Those older and unhealthier people who will die, if they contract the virus, will contract it and will die.
  4. The best we can do is flatten the curve to avoid overburdening hospitals, etc.
    • A flattened curve doesn't mean fewer deaths; it's the same number of deaths, spread over a longer period.
  5. Masks may or may be highly effective, but even in the best-efficacy case, all they can do is contribute towards the flattening.

Anyway, that's what I think at the moment. Fuck China. Fuck it right in its whore mouth.

Old 16th September 2020, 02:31   #76
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

There are a few things I don't like about China, maybe even more than a few, but really, I don't think I can blame their choices and actions for this. I feel like this was just as much beyond their control as it has become in other places, if not more so, due to it being newest there while other places had at least some degree of warning. I don't think that the earliest cases were recognized as anything worrisome due to so many people having very mild symptoms compounded with some people spreading it before symptoms even showed up. Manydismissed it as similar to a common cold or influenza because they may not have had enough evidence to say otherwise yet, and when they did, they still just saw it like other big but not global epidemics. I didn't even know what a "pandemic" was until all of this happened. Ignorance was bliss.

Flattening the curve means delaying deaths if even for a short while. I'd rather die later than sooner, and maybe I'd make it long enough to see the vaccine or whatever else was meant to kill me that's even less within our control. Masks are annoying while I wear them, but no more so than when I have done sanding, in-barn hay work, or chemical spraying before all of this started. That said, if I'm in my office alone, I'll take the thing off for a while, but when I hear someone coming, I put it on (this is allowed where we are).

I think when one at-risk aged guy loses a peer to this, they feel the grief just like any other death, but now more than ever, also the question, "Am I next?" Scary stuff. It hits me a little differently now that it's someone I know, even though it's not my own best friend. I'm not worried about myself as I am in a household with all-low-risk people, but I do feel for those that have more reason to worry or grieve than I do.

Changing gears, I had a dentist appointment today and the staff there had an interesting way to reassure people that they were in reasonably safe hands. They talked about a few things they have to do differently now, but they really were proud to say that already-in-place safety measures are quite effective at preventing the spread of COVID. There are many other diseases that a dentist office should be aware of that far predate COVID, and because of that, the proven effective safety measures have already been in place for a long time. That could really go a long way to help someone going in worried about all this when they explain it like that.

At the school where we work, we have some students whose families have chosen the all-virtual instruction option that we offer. The rest are divided between a Monday-Tuesday group and a Thursday-Friday group with Wednesday used for deep cleaning. Students are still provided instruction all 5 days, but virtual for three of them and face-to-face for 2. Students wear masks at all times indoors unless eating/drinking. I've been impressed on how much they're willing to wear them despite them being annoying to wear. I haven't heard any arguments other than a few medical reasons where we allow a clear face shield.

Currently only parents/guardians can go to sporting events, and if new case numbers go up, they will be cancelled or postponed.

In the USA, our numbers of cases are very different from one area to another. The state of West Virginia is 5th best at keeping numbers down in terms of cases per 100,000 people, partly because we're rural (low population density), but also because many have been willing to be careful.

Old 17th September 2020, 07:18   #77
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomegajaz View Post
It sucks that people die. I'm sorry for the loss of your family friend, Ted.

I think that the following statements are broadly correct:
  1. The genie will not go back in the bottle. China released this thing and whether we accept it or not, it will kill some of us.
  2. Between now and whenever a vaccine becomes available (if ever), we can't avoid each other such that the virus will stop spreading.
  3. Those older and unhealthier people who will die, if they contract the virus, will contract it and will die.
  4. The best we can do is flatten the curve to avoid overburdening hospitals, etc.
    • A flattened curve doesn't mean fewer deaths; it's the same number of deaths, spread over a longer period.
  5. Masks may or may be highly effective, but even in the best-efficacy case, all they can do is contribute towards the flattening.

Anyway, that's what I think at the moment. Fuck China. Fuck it right in its whore mouth.
Oh fuck off. You've been warned. For decades.

If you crash into another person's stalled car because your driver is simultaneously tweeting and receiving a blowjob while coked up to the gills and doing five time the legal speed limit you'd probably also blame the other car's passengers.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2020, 03:51   #78
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

I'd be happy to learn which of my statements you disagree with, if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I think I worded this poorly. A flattened curve does mean fewer deaths – all those that would otherwise have been above the "acceptable burden" threshold would be saved. I don't know what percentage range that might represent. Rather than the same number of deaths, I think it would be a similar number of deaths.

While, for the people personally involved, ANY death count is unacceptable, public health policy simply can't be written with "zero deaths" being the only acceptable result, as I stated in the Trump thread.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions