Old 29th May 2004, 23:19   #1
eye_onus

MMD3-for-5 update

By request, the visualization window is now similar to the video window, instead of the default. After going through the work I did to make this happen, I must say it is worth it- the new style for the visualization is much better, as it now actually has vis-specific buttons, and takes up less unused space on the screen due to a sleeker frame.

The update has been uploaded to the load page, if anyone is interested.

Still working on the four state repeat button- it should be ready in a month or less, and the playlist problem appears unsolvable- at least, at my current level of coding skill, I am incapable of doing it.

Enjoy,
Eye/Onus

Update: The MMD3-4-5 skin is no longer being developed. Please do not post requests for support.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

.i.a'o.e'e ko klama le bende pe denpa bu
eye_onus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2004, 12:08   #2
sanosuke
Major Dude

Hmm found a bug:

I have the playlist window open (undocked playlist). When I open up the integrated playlist in the horizontal winshade mode, the undocked playlist disapears. (a feature i presume)

So the problem is now when i try to open the undocked playlist after opening and closing the docked playlist. Nothing appears on the undocked playlist.

Big-assed signature deleted by errr.. whats his name again??
sanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2004, 21:55   #3
SHADOW-XIII

well orginall MMD3 does not work good with W5 ... there are pink colors sometimes and internal playlist (that moves out from player, not standalone one) does also seems to not work
SHADOW-XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2004, 22:29   #4
eye_onus

The Playlist bug has been reported to me, and as I said in my last post, I am unable to solve it. If someone would be kind enough to tell me how to build a Playlist from scratch I can fix that bug, but until then there's nothing I can do.

Eye/Onus

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 23rd June 2004, 19:44   #5
Zed03

In horizontal compact mode, the CT button on the right (for color themes) has a bugged pink select.
Zed03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2004, 21:06   #6
eye_onus

I felt it wasn't worth my time to deal with, as the person who originally wrote the skin's code bunged up a lot of it. He said himself he's a graphics designer, not a coder, and if you looked at it you would see it's true. I'm probably not going to try to fix that just due to the effort of figuring out where he screwed up so I can fix it.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 23rd June 2004, 22:54   #7
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
lol. this is just funnny!
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 07:29   #8
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by Zed03
In horizontal compact mode, the CT button on the right (for color themes) has a bugged pink select.
That's not a code issuse,it's simply a missing image, or a wrongly defined image tag in the XML somewhere.

Whenever you see a pink image on a skin, either the image hasn't been included in the skin,it's been defined wrong in the elements, or it's been named wrong on the tag that is using it, either way it should take about 5 minutes to track down.
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 09:08   #9
idana

Send a message via ICQ to idana
This Skin is and has allways been my favorit one. unfortunately I found another bug:
In the winshade mode, the small playlist:
If I doubleclick on a song to play, it marks the song before, sometimes it doesn´t even play the marked song but anyone else (I never chose!!)
The (normal/big) Playlist works.

Please, if anyone reads this... fix this bug, I would like to use the small playlist. And if its possible with serveral playlists like winamp 3 =)

After all: Thank you for this skin!

Idana

Edit: ARGH just right now I have the bug in a funny way:
Song which is playing

Songs marked in the small playlist
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mmd3-bug.jpg (41.0 KB, 2684 views)
idana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 12:22   #10
SLoB
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
lol. this is just funnny!
got to agree

but to also be helpful!
erm dont forget folks there is also a way of tracking down layers by holding down ctrl + shift and pressing the right mouse button on certain layers, as long as they have an id it will display that id in the popup box
it also gives the position so you could also track it down that way too if no id is present
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 13:58   #11
ziege

Re: MMD3-for-5 update.

Quote:
Originally posted by eye_onus
By request, the visualization window is now similar to the video window, instead of the default.
I like my Vis window to match the main player and playlist windows, so think I'll stick with the original MMD3 Can't say I've noticed any probs with Winamp5 anyway.
ziege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2004, 20:27   #12
eye_onus

Quote:
Whenever you see a pink image on a skin, either the image hasn't been included in the skin,it's been defined wrong in the elements, or it's been named wrong on the tag that is using it, either way it should take about 5 minutes to track down.
Well, I went back through the code, since I figured I might be able to find it now that I have more experience in this whole thing, and I've fixed the colorthemes problem- it'll be in the next release of MMD3-for-5.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Last edited by eye_onus; 27th June 2004 at 20:49.
Old 27th June 2004, 21:05   #13
eye_onus

idana: The bug you reported is a bug in MMD3 v2.2, not MMD3-for-5, and therefore will not be corrected by me.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 28th June 2004, 06:57   #14
idana

Send a message via ICQ to idana
ah.... ehm

i just found one skin named mmd3

hmmm its only on you page? not on the WinAmp Page?

Well egal ^^
idana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2004, 20:56   #15
eye_onus

MMD3-for-5 will not be sponsored on the Winamp page, because MMD3 is the official version of the skin- only that version will be sponsored on the Winamp site, therefore, you can't get mine except through my page. It's up to you whether you want to use mine or not- some say the work I've done makes MMD3 better, some say I'm wasting my time.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 29th June 2004, 21:00   #16
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

And we are not telling you what most people say...
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2004, 21:01   #17
eye_onus

Most people say I'm a conceited ass trying to steal someone else's work.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 30th June 2004, 04:13   #18
shins

Shit, Sven is cool, but I honestly don't care if others think this is stealing from him.

MMD3 should be updated, bottom line.
shins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2004, 05:40   #19
Logy

Its ok to borrow the concept and upgraded that skin... for suitable on current version of winamp...

The English suffix -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline.
Logy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2004, 04:37   #20
STanger

Send a message via AIM to STanger Send a message via Yahoo to STanger
as badass as the original MMD3 was and still is I can see why the Nullsoftie's asked him to do the wa5 default skin. He does some really really good work imho
STanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2004, 04:52   #21
STanger

Send a message via AIM to STanger Send a message via Yahoo to STanger
I didn't see this on any previous page so forgive me if this is a double post but I have absolutely NO text at all on the PLedit. I do use a different font for the PLedit but I switch it back to Arial but it didn't make a lick of difference
STanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2004, 20:24   #22
eye_onus

Playlist Editor (Known Bug in MMD3-for-5)

There is a known bug in MMD3-for-5 involving the PL, which I am unable to fix at this time. The source of the problem is known- both the Drawer PL in Hor-shade mode and the PL window use the same code to access the PL- "guid:{45F3F7C1-A6F3-4ee6-A15E-125E92FC3F8D}". Winamp does not allow multiple windows to access the same content (For reasons I do not know) so this causes the PL content to try to be in two places at once. Short of building the drawer's PL editor from scratch, and therefore accessing the PL content in a different method, there is nothing I can do to fix this.

Unfortunetly, the only way of creating the PL from scratch that I know of is the method Sven used in MMD3- which is also bugged, though in a completely different way, which is shown in the screenshot.

So, basically, the only current option is to not use the drawer PL, or to only use the drawer PL- as long as only the PL window or the drawer PL is used, the bug does not appear- it's when both are used that the problem appears- even if one is closed before the other is opened.

If and when I figure out how to fix this problem, I will. I believe that there are people on this forum, more experienced than I, who know how to fix this problem. I retain hope that one of them will be willing to tell me how so this bug dies a slow, horribly painful death.

-Eye/Onus

(Note on the screenshot: The numbering starts at 0, instead of 1 like it's supposed to, the song highlighted with the bluish bar is the song selected to play (and is playing), the song above wrapped in a white box is the song the PL is telling me is playing. This PL is bugged beyond usefulness, which is why I killed it. The code I used works fine- if it weren't for the cross-window bug it has.)

Screenshot (Courtesy of idana)

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 20th July 2004, 20:14   #23
jaffoon

Is there any chance you could do a version with the original window skin but put on the vis-specific buttons?

For me the new version doesn't sit as nicely with the other windows

Original MMD3:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jaffoon\'s winamp.jpg (97.1 KB, 1349 views)
jaffoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2004, 07:45   #24
jaffoon

I'll take that as a no then!
Old 2nd August 2004, 13:22   #25
eye_onus

I can, I just don't really want to. I'm pretty much doine with the MMD3-for-5 project, since that things I want to do (fix the PL-bug, make a four-state repeat) I am unable to. The coding to do what you ask is actually pretty simple, I could probably hash it out by the end of the day.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 8th August 2004, 23:42   #26
jaffoon

Well my friend, if you ever feel like "hashing it out" you would find one very greatful guy here!!!

So please go for it!!

Thanks
Old 11th August 2004, 01:21   #27
eye_onus

jaffon: I've done as you asked, just follow the download link.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 11th August 2004, 02:45   #28
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

broken link

elevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladylevitateme
shakey_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2004, 18:17   #29
jaffoon

BRILLIANT!

Thanks eye_onus!

But alas the broken link, the letdown, the pain!!! LOL

Can't wait to get my hands on it!!
Old 11th August 2004, 21:36   #30
eye_onus

The link isn't broken, Yahoo! just has an extremely low bandwidth allowance. I'll attach it here.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 11th August 2004, 21:40   #31
eye_onus

Nevermind, it won't let me upload here. E-mail me @ eye_onus@yahoo.com and I'll send it to you.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 12th August 2004, 00:22   #32
skay23

hello eye_onus, im from argentina and my english isn´t very good... could you tell me if there is any way to put many resident playlists in the small PL in the winshade mode in winamp 5, or should i use winamp 3 to use that?
skay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2004, 10:34   #33
jaffoon

Managed to download from your signature eye_onus.

However can you not possibly add the Random & the "next" and "previous" animation buttons as on your original version.

See pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg visualizer.jpg (94.2 KB, 1023 views)
Old 16th August 2004, 23:36   #34
eye_onus

skay23: hello eye_onus, im from argentina and my english isn´t very good... could you tell me if there is any way to put many resident playlists in the small PL in the winshade mode in winamp 5, or should i use winamp 3 to use that?

If I am understanding you correctly, you can do what you ask using the Media Library, which allows you to save playlists under a name of your choice. (i.e. save your Sublime songs in a playlist called 'Sublime', etc.) If you right-click those playlists and select the 'enqueue' option, the playlist will be added to the rest of the 'current playlist':

(All song info is purely fictional.)
Current Playlist: (Accessed by Playlist)
1. Superman - The Great Escape
2. Robert Jordan - Highway to Nowhen
3. Subhuman - Errant Journey

Sublime: (Accessed by Media Library)
1. Sublime - Greatest Hits track 1
2. Sublime - Greatest Hits track 2

Right-click Sublime and select 'enqueue':
Current Playlist: (Accessed by Playlist)
1. Superman - The Great Escape
2. Robert Jordan - Highway to Nowhen
3. Subhuman - Errant Journey
4. Sublime - Greatest Hits track 1
5. Sublime - Greatest Hits track 2

If you are talking about the sidecar playlist feature that Winamp 3 had, then you must use WA3, because WA5 does not have it, and the playlist with a sidecar is buggy on WA5- if and when I can find out how, I will be making the MMD3-for-5 skin have the same mini-PL that MMD3 has on WA3- including sidecar. Until I learn, however, the mini-PL is bugged and unfixable.

Eye/Onus

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 17th August 2004, 00:02   #35
eye_onus

All the buttons on the old one should be on the new as well. I'll take a look at it tommorow and see what could be wrong. All I can say at this point is that it worked fine when I uploaded it, I don't know what's wrong yet.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 17th August 2004, 00:23   #36
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
about the sidecar...have you glanced at DrO's extended playlist preview 3 (4 will come out sooner or later, the final release is prob far from now) perhaps that'll work?
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2004, 01:31   #37
eye_onus

billyvnilly: Probably. I'd have to look at it first. Also, if it's a plugin, I don't want to use it, specifiaclly because I don't want to require people to need anything above and beyond WA to use the skin. In other words, I'll look at it.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 22nd August 2004, 03:11   #38
Roan

Another bug

I don't think this is mentioned...

The bug is reproducable:
1. open winamp with the skin
2. dock it (winshade) horizontaly (the normal playlist should be left open)
3. click the drop down playlist button on the docked skin (the normal playlist should vanish)
4. now minimize the drop down playlist
5. Click the winshade button again to return back to normal mode (the normal playlist should not be visible)
6. Now click the playlist button to show the normal playlist and whalla! You get this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bug.jpg (76.5 KB, 1035 views)
Roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2004, 03:16   #39
Roan

AS you see the playlist items are out of the playlist window. Fix this and the skin will be perfect for me and I'll love you till the end (in a non-sexual way of course)

Oh and eye_onus, in the original MMD3 v2.2, when I click the drawer Playlist in hor-shade mode, my cpu usage jumps to 100% so everything becomes horribly laggy and stays that way until I close the drawer playlist. So basically the drawer playlist in v2.2 is useless. Thats why I tried your skin. However, if you can't fix the bug I mentioned in my first post, can you please please edit v2.2 and please please send me the edited files so the drawer playlist doesnt hog my pc? Even the updated drawer playlist you made will do, without "back to normal mode playlist bug" of course. Sorry for my english!
Roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2004, 01:03   #40
eye_onus

Roan, that bug is known as has been for some time. Refer to this link to read what I can do about it.

Also, billyvnilly: I took a look at the sidecar thing, and I won't be using it for two reasons: It's a plugin, which means users would be required to install something besides the skin in order to use it, and it isn't even close to finished as yet.

As far as the mini-PL is concerned, what I want to do is to put the sidecar from the ML in with the Current Playlist window. The problem I have is finding out how to do that- I currently have no clue.

Any help any of you guys have on how to do this would be most appreciated.

P.S. Jafoon: I'm sorry, I completly forgot about the problem with the Vis buttons. I'll take a look at it tommorow after I wake up. I'll let you know when I've fixed it, as well.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins