Old 30th July 2009, 00:07   #1
eszett

Jump to File / Jasper's Mic Plugin Help

Hello, Winamp forums. I would like for help on two separate issues, one of them minor, the other crippling. I'll get the minor business out of the way first:

1. When I queue up a lot of songs quickly using the Q key on my playlist, I sometimes see that Winamp adds these entries back to the bottom of the playlist. While it's only a slight inconvenience to delete the newly generated entries from the bottom, I don't understand why this happens and would like to see a resolution to this glitch.

2. My other problem is much more debilitating and, frankly, embarrassing to my reputation. I run a radio show hosted by an IRC channel which I usually run every every Thursday, and Jasper's Mic Plugin forms an integral part of interaction with my listener base - I use it to announce songs, give shoutouts, and provide a personality to the show. To broadcast, I connect to a remote Icecast2 streamer using this encoder. Whenever I DJ, I will flip around a single instance of the Mic plugin on my list for a setlist of about 25-30 songs. However, a very annoying problem occurs that can render my station completely inoperable: switching from the Jasper's mic entry to my next song will sometimes inexplicably cause Winamp to freeze, interrupting the stream, forcing me to restart Winamp, reload the playlist, and tell all of my users to connect again. It's a huge hassle to go through this routine every time I experience a freeze and I would like to see this error stamped out (even if it means using a different plugin).

Any assistance on these two matters would be greatly appreciated.
eszett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 19:16   #2
DrO

pm sent with a test build link regarding issue #1

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 07:59   #3
eszett

DrO's plugin worked, #1 is now resolved.

Any recourse for issue #2? Thanks for your continued assistance.
eszett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 22:52   #4
codibick

Sorry to revive this topic, but I've got the same problem (#1). Often after queueing several files, some of them start to show up in the end of the playlist.
Any help would be very much appreciated!
codibick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 23:13   #5
DrO

@eszett: not much i can think off with #2 other than trying to see if there is an updated version of the line-in plugin or using something like Process Monitor to see what is causing Winamp/the OS to lock up.

@codibick: pm sent with test build link.

-daz
Old 8th October 2009, 10:18   #6
neopets_35

Yet again, sorry to revive this post again.

I have the exact same problem as #1. After queueing some files, the queued files would automatically be added to the bottom of the playlist, which is not what I wanted it to be. I always use the "Q" button to queue files.

Does this had anything to do with any of the settings?
If so, which?

Just as note, all the settings in the "Jump To File" configs are untouched, or in default. Except for "Remove file from queue when it is already in the queue", which is unchecked.

Similiar to this post, http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=1702412, using Alt+click instead of "Q" button (to queue files) does not add the queued files to the bottom of the playlist. I don't know why.

Any way to resolve this?
neopets_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 13:31   #7
DrO

there is a fixed build of the jump to file plugin which rectifes issue #1 (as confirmed by a number of people) but it has not been released as i don't have the time to finalise a new release of the plugin (as there are some other issues to be fixed still)

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support