Old 14th December 2010, 06:40   #1
DJ Big Will

Authentication Key BUT NO "ADD STATION"

I have the Key but the Link states to "Download Config File" Not "ADD STATION" Like the paragraph states. What can be done to correct problem???
DJ Big Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 07:56   #2
DJ Big Will

Why was this moved and where has it been moved too. Do you all have answers or NOT!!!!?????
Old 14th December 2010, 08:07   #3
DrO

it was moved as it didn't belong in the Winamp Tech Support forum as you're having a SHOUTcast issue based on what you've mentioned in your first post. plus i was trying to reply when you've now replied.
Quote:
3.0 Getting Started
---------------------

One of the key aspects of the new YP2 directory infrastructure is an authorisation key
which is used to validate your server when it tries to connect to the YP2 infrastructure
for any of the station(s) you run. Once this key is obtained, it will be valid for all
root servers of the station being broadcast.

This can be done by going to http://www.shoutcast.com/my-stations/ where you then obtain
a unique authentication key to allow the stream(s) to be listed in the directory. This is
a FREE process though may require you to create an account on the SHOUTcast site in order
to obtain the needed key.

Note: You can use Yahoo, Google or Facebook accounts for log-in inplace of a new Aol one.

Once you have obtained your authentication key then this needs to be set as the
'streamauthhash' value for your stream (see section 4.0.12 for more details).

Additional information about the registration process can be found at this blog posting:
http://www.shoutcastblog.com/2010/08...steration-faq/

Note: When using an older SHOUTcast 1 server then you do not need to do this registration
and the server will still be able to be listed on the directory but there is not
the same level of protection over the stream as is the case with registering it.
that's from the current docs and in addition, if you have the key then you just need to add it to your existing configuration (though the download will provide a basic 'example' which has it filled in already).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 21:48   #4
DJ Big Will

I am not Tech Savvy Need solution explained in more detail

Part of the solution you gave was place the Authentication Key into this location......'streamauthhash' value for your stream (see section 4.0.12 for more details)

I have no idea where this is located nor am I able to find section 4.0.12. Where is it located????

My Shoucast is 2.0 (or is it 5.6) NOT 3.0 what are the differences is this maybe why I am not getting a station produced?

The Link you gave with the BLOG was NO HELP at all.

Please provide step by step directions to where the key needs to be implemented and How do I get to section 4.0.12?
Old 14th December 2010, 21:55   #5
DrO

all of the current documentation is available with the new release of the server from -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=324842

the blog link is what to fill in when making the registration as once you've done that you then get the key and the example configuration which does show the exact entry the key is used (assuming a single stream setup).

-daz
Old 14th December 2010, 21:57   #6
jaromanda
Forum King

download the latest DNAS - see this thread http://forums.shoutcast.com/showthread.php?t=324842

the documentation in that is excellent (as long as you speak English)

note: your winamp is version 5.6 ... your "shoutcast" ... well, do you mean shoutcast DNAS, shoutcast DSP or shoutcast TRANS? regardless, there's new versions of all of them, all with clear documentation

"If you don't like DNAS, write your own damn system"

So I did
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 00:33   #7
DJ Big Will

I'm still lost

It tells me to "EDIT CONFIG" from the Menu But it does not appear. The Menu. I have to right click to get to the "Edit Config" But where do I edit and What do i edit in the "DNAS GUI" Can't I just call someone to walk me through this. I am justa DJ wishing to broadcast. I am no where near an IT guy just a DJ. Can someone provide a number to call so I can get walked through this????? DAMN
Old 15th December 2010, 08:39   #8
DrO

lets start from the beginning as i'm seeing conflicting information in what you have posted.

first thing, what exactly have you downloaded to get broadcasting? (as mentioning DNAS GUI and "EDIT CONFIG" from the Menu sounds like you've got a v1.9.8 DNAS as the v2 DNAS is a console only tool).

if you are using a v1.9.8 DNAS then the information i initially provided and the links are not related to what you are using and i cannot provide any help on it (i can only provide help with v2 SHOUTcast tools as they are the only versions currently supported).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Big Will View Post
Can someone provide a number to call so I can get walked through this????? DAMN
there isn't such a thing, only tech support is available through this forum though we first need to work out what versions of the tools it is that you are trying to use (as per the first part of my post).

-daz
Old 15th December 2010, 17:57   #9
neoncoyote

DUDE! CHILLL OUT!!!! Are you paying for the service? No? Didn't think so. You have very little rights when it comes to the attitude that you are projecting.

I just went into SHOUTcast.com and signed up for another station. the button is there. try deleting your browser cache and refresh the page.
neoncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 20:00   #10
DJ Big Will

From the beginning

Thanks for the support. I was using 1.9.8 I cleaned that off and have downloaded the zip file for 2.0

Now what is the next step?
Old 15th December 2010, 22:23   #11
DrO

had thought that might be the case.

now you've got the v2, have a read through and try to do as is detailed in docs/getting_started.txt and aim for getting the server working as a local instance to begin with the sc_serv_basic.conf. also you'll need to decide on what tool you want to use as an input source (that is also mentioned in the getting_started docs as setting up a DNAS server is only half the job).

-daz
Old 16th December 2010, 16:48   #12
DJ Big Will

Taking my sweet time. My first question is
Do I need BOTH
-(sc_trans) AND Winamp plus (DSP_SC)?????
AT This point I ma only using Winamp Plus (DSP_SC) is that good to do?
Old 16th December 2010, 16:56   #13
DrO

you can use either one or for more complex setups then both can be used but it sounds like it'll be easier to do sc_serv + winamp + dsp_sc for what you're trying to achieve.

-daz
Old 16th December 2010, 17:02   #14
DJ Big Will

I can get both (sc_serv2) and (dsp_sc) for Winamp at "Download Shoutcast Broadcaster Tools"
Old 16th December 2010, 17:20   #15
DrO

is best to use the ones referenced from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=324877 (as they're the supported versions, the broadcast tools page is lagging behind a bit at the moment).

-daz
Old 16th December 2010, 17:28   #16
DJ Big Will

I have the Zip file for the (sc_serv2). I unzipped. I went into the win32 Folder. I "clicked" sc_serv Application. Results a sc_w3c text document was added. Next I "clicked" on vcredist_x86 Result was "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistibutable" was added. Did I miss a step at this point. I think I may have missed something because there are additional folders and a text document. I did nothing to the following folders (bsd/Linux/macIntel/macPPC). The Tex I did not open "Crossdomain". I opened "docs Text" and got CONFUSED!!!! It has several instructions ans steps to follow that i have no clue what to do??? Should I be changing anything in the "Docs Text" Until I receive word to do somthing I will do nothing until notified.
Old 16th December 2010, 17:32   #17
DJ Big Will

OK I will dump the version I have downloaded and use the link you gave for (sc_serv2) and (DSP_sc) for Winamp.
Old 16th December 2010, 17:35   #18
DJ Big Will

Side Bar questions I have FOUR Microsoft Visual C++ files in my CONTROL PANEL Should I delete 3 of the 4 or just leave them alone???
Old 16th December 2010, 18:02   #19
DJ Big Will

Ignore the UNZIPPING Questions because I did the Link you gave for getting the (sc_serv2) and the (DSP_sc) for Winamp. Now that I have downloaded the (SC_SERV2) a new window is opened it has Four Folders(Content/Control/Docs/logs) I should only be concerned with "DOC FOLDER">>>> Correct?

There are THREE (SC_SERV) files (DNAS/Config Settings/New Con Fig Settings) Should I be concerned with any of these three files???

There are Three Text Doc(SC_serv/sc_serv changes/sc_w3c) Should I be concerned about theses text docs????

Two Files with ZERO KB (sc_serv.ban/sc_serv.rip)

There are FOUR CONF Files(sc_serv_basic/sc_serv_debug/sc_serv_public/sc_serv_relay) THe only one I should open is (sc_serv_basic).....Correct???
Old 16th December 2010, 19:43   #20
neoncoyote

sc_serv_basic is the foundation of all of the other ones. If you were to use sc_serv_public, it would link back to sc_serv_basic and you would need both files.

It's initially set up like this to make it easier, but i think it's more confusing for starting people.

SC_SERV_PUBLIC needs to to be updated with your credentials for the station on SHOUTcast.com. you can use notepad to open it and paste your encryption key or whatever the heck that thing is called.

Afterwards, open up SC_SERV_BASIC and edit it with your max users and credentials and so on. SC_TRANS may not be required if you only plan to broadcast live.
Old 16th December 2010, 19:45   #21
DJ Big Will

Wuth the Authen Key Do I download the Config and use that info in the (SC_Serv2) Config? Or do I just place the Key Code by itself in the "Stream Value"?????
Old 16th December 2010, 20:07   #22
neoncoyote

The authentication key should go in streamauthhash in the sc_serv_public.conf like so:

include=./sc_serv_basic.conf
publicserver=always
streamauthhash= [insert yo key, yo]
Old 16th December 2010, 20:45   #23
DJ Big Will

I think I screwed up before you gave me this info. I started changing passwords everywhere in the Shout Cast Folder. I changed passwords in (sc_serv) Configuration settings/(Sc_Serv_new) Configuration settings/(sc_serv) Basic..... I changed Passwords and admin Passwords. I did plug in the Authentication code but I fear the password changes prevent me from Connecting. before the crazy password changes I was able to connect. Now I am UNABLE TO CONNECT MY WINAMp. What did I do wrong now?
Old 16th December 2010, 21:23   #24
DJ Big Will

Here is an odd question. Do I delete all the dialog providing explanations before and after the coding making the final edit look like below.

publicserver=always
streamauthhash= [insert yo key, yo]
Old 16th December 2010, 21:46   #25
DJ Big Will

In (Sc_serv2).txt Running the server I get to section 3.2 (Windows) but all the steps that follow 3.2.1 to 3.2.3 Never happen. How do I get a chance to complete steps 3.2.1 to 3.2.3 after I have down loaded http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...d-3802b2af5fc2
Old 16th December 2010, 22:14   #26
DrO

the redist package is only needed if when trying to run sc_serv from the command-line (or if you setup a windows shortcut) and it complains it cannot find some dlls beginning with MSVC.

also it is either section 3.2.3 or 3.2.1 to use the information in depending on whether you run it as a manually run instance or if you have it set to run as a system service. doing 3.2.3 is the way to go when testing things out.

you can remove the help info in the files but if you're struggling with things then it might be a good idea to keep it in until you've got things sorted out and know what the different things are meant to be doing.

-daz
Old 17th December 2010, 01:39   #27
DJ Big Will

(Sc_serv_basic) Looks like this... Is it OK????
logfile=./logs/logfile.log
logfile=./logs/sc_serv.log
w3clog=./logs/sc_w3c.log
banfile=./control/sc_serv.ban
ripfile=./control/sc_serv.rip
yp2=1
publicserver=always
portbase=80
password=to what I changed it to be
adminpassword=to what I changed it to be
streamid=1
streampath=/test.aac
Old 17th December 2010, 01:41   #28
DJ Big Will

(Sc_serv_public) Is how it looks now is it OK????
publicserver=always
streamauthhash=The Authentication Key given from SHOUTcast Radio
Old 17th December 2010, 02:14   #29
DJ Big Will

(sc_serv_debug) is how it looks is it OK???
yp1debug=1
yp2debug=1
shoutcastsourcedebug=1
uvox2sourcedebug=1
shoutcast1clientdebug=1
shoutcast2clientdebug=1
relayshoutcastdebug=1
relayuvoxdebug=1
relaydebug=1
streamdatadebug=1
httpstyledebug=1
statsdebug=1
microserverdebug=1
threadrunnerdebug=1
rtmpclientdebug=1
Old 17th December 2010, 02:16   #30
DJ Big Will

Quote:
(Sc_serv_public) Is how it looks now is it OK????
publicserver=always
streamauthhash=The Authentication Key given from SHOUTcast Radio
I added the Debug. Is that OK to add
include=./sc_serv_debug.conf
publicserver=always
streamauthhash=The Authentication Key given
Old 17th December 2010, 02:19   #31
DJ Big Will

(SC_serv_relay) Is how it looks is it ok. I was not sure what to enter in the "Streamrelayurl"
include=./sc_serv_public.conf
streamid_2=2
streampath_2=/relay
streamrelayurl=http://<full_url_of_relay_including_port>
streamauthhash_2=The Authentication Key given by SHOUTcast
allowrelay=0
allowpublicrelay=0
Old 17th December 2010, 05:11   #32
DJ Big Will

OK I am still not successful.
I can easily download DNAS 1.98 Click Download then Run The it appears in Start Menu under Programs with (Read Me/Gui/Uninstall/Edit Config) Nice and easy and simple. I keep running into "FATAL ERROR PORT IN USE"
However to Download DNAS v2 is like going to hell. I click on Download. Extract Files and Nothing!!! I can't get it to run and appear in my start menu like 1.98. What is the problem?
Old 17th December 2010, 08:15   #33
DrO

Quote:
However to Download DNAS v2 is like going to hell. I click on Download. Extract Files and Nothing!!! I can't get it to run and appear in my start menu like 1.98. What is the problem?
the first thing is that the version of the DNAS v2 i've said to use comes in an installer and does not require any extraction from a zip - this now makes me think that you're trying to run the wrong platform version.

DNAS v2 is a console app just like v1 is but without a 'gui' bolted around it which is no more different than closing the v1 DNAS, editing the ini file and restarting it.

i have to say this thread is painful to read will all of the quick succession posts especially when reposting some things multiple times.

either way, you seem to be trying to jump to more advanced things immediately when there is no need to - if you don't have an instance working, why try to setup a relay? or are you just trying to apply everything from the examples / getting started guide and not actually being sensible and only doing what it is you're trying to do.

the port issue is because you've got multiple DNAS versions running at the same time.

if you prefer the v1 DNAS then no one is going to stop you from using it but please note that v1 DNAS are not supported and only active support / development is applied to the v2 DNAS so if you are happy with that then its best to use what you a happy with.

also the thing which seems to be coming from all of your posts is trying to do everything all at once instead of doing it piecemeal as i'd thought the getting started info was indicating (though from your posts i guess i've got to re-do the whole document). you need to do it step at a time to get each different part working i.e. getting the server just running even if it's to say it cannot find the conf file.

-daz
Old 17th December 2010, 15:41   #34
DJ Big Will

Not sure how I could be downloading the wrong version. All I do is follow the Links and click on the one for Windows? I have no idea what I am doing as you see. I don't even know what "relaying" is for. Yes I am just following the guide. I thought it would be as simple as that, however I see it is made difficult for us none techy guys so we are forced to spend the money. Oh well I will keep trying I'm no quitter. Thanks again for you patience and assistance.
Old 17th December 2010, 17:52   #35
DJ Big Will

[yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
[yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://12.345.678.910:8000) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.)

Is what I receive now in the DNAS GUI. What should I do about that?
Old 17th December 2010, 18:13   #36
DJ Big Will

Do you need to add the Authentication Key to (sc_serv_basic)? OR Just in PUblic? If Yes to adding the Authentication Key to Both Then Where do I add it? After I change Public server to "ALWAYS"

publicserver=always(Authentication Key) without "()"
This is in (sc_serv_basic)
enable YP2 features (not used directly in this example
; but should be enabled when making a new YP2 setup)
yp2=1

; for testing we will make the server only work locally
; (i.e. localhost / 127.0.0.1) though if this is left out
; or set to publicserver=always then we attempt to make a
; connection to the YP for listing - do not forget to add
; in a 'streamauthhash' value for any public streams made
;publicserver=never
Old 18th December 2010, 05:42   #37
DJ Big Will

2010-12-18 00:26:25 I msg:<***> Logger startup
2010-12-18 00:26:25 I msg:<***> version 0.2.0.0 build 0.0.10.0
2010-12-18 00:26:25 D msg:<***>
2010-12-18 00:26:25 I msg:*******************************************************************************
2010-12-18 00:26:25 I msg:** SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server (DNAS)
2010-12-18 00:26:25 I msg:** Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Nullsoft, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
2010-12-18 00:26:25 I msg:** Use "sc_serv filename.conf" to specify a config file.
2010-12-18 00:26:25 I msg:*******************************************************************************
2010-12-18 00:26:25 I msg:[SHOUTcast] DNAS/win32 v 0.2.0.0 b 0.0.10.0 (Dec 13 2010) starting up...
2010-12-18 00:26:25 I msg:[MAIN] PID: 4576
2010-12-18 00:26:25 E msg:[MAIN] No config file passed
2010-12-18 00:26:25 I msg:[MAIN] Terminating sources
2010-12-18 00:26:25 I msg:[MAIN] Waiting for final YP remsrvs
2010-12-18 00:26:25 I msg:[MAIN] Runner shutdown
2010-12-18 00:26:25 I msg:<***> Logger shutdown

OK I got this far so Now I have to figure out what went wrong with my configuration based on the error are you able to help.
Old 18th December 2010, 23:19   #38
DrO

it's because you haven't specified a configuration file for the server to use based on the 'No config file passed' error. the simplest way is to do windows key + r, then enter cmd and press return. this will then open a command prompt and from there, enter 'cd <directory_to_tool>' where <directory_to_tool> is the full path to the folder containing sc_serv.exe.

once in that folder, then you can just do sc_serv sc_serv_basic.conf (assuming all of the files are in the same location as the install process).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

and based on the thread you created here, it hasn't been all rtfm in this thread but when it's not clear what you're using or not using or trying to do or not do then it is really hard to provide the correct steps on what to do.

also there is a limit on what can be done with the documentation as the SHOUTcast tools are somewhat techy in nature and i really had hoped i'd gotten the level at the correct level (my gf has proof read parts and she can understand what is intended and she's definitely not techy). alas when using a console based tool, a certain level of knowledge is expected to be known on how to get a tool running and from being able to specify the files to use, etc.

there have been a few complaints about the windows builds of the v2 DNAS not having a gui like the old v1 DNAS has and maybe something will be done but i'm sure there must be alternative gui hosts for the server.

finally, for the support stuff, most support is generally provided for free by the moderators / other users (this a grey area now with me as of last week) but with everyone being in different time zones around the world things will be delayed in responding (like it's gone midnight here at the time of this response). also people do have lives outside of the 'working day' so say i cannot be sitting at the machine waiting for people to post questions and reply back to them (my gf definitely wouldn't appreciate it especially with the looks i've gotten from doing work tonight). and i'm new to this all as well (have only been doing SC related things for 2 months now so it's fresh to some of us as well).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

so what exactly is wrong with the documentation or what do you think needs to be changed, explained in more detail and in what way? as things are being developed again, it gives a chance for things to be changed / improved to make them more approachable with in reason.

-daz
Old 19th December 2010, 00:49   #39
DJ Big Will

This is very much more detailed. No where in the getting started tools does this appear. This is an example of being vague. if the section of how to get to the directory tool was added then i would have read the manual and gone to the section without any questions. BUT since it is not in the getting started section it becomes confusing. Your GF can read it because you have someone who has some what of a common interest as you I hope. If you dated some one who had no knowledge of computers "she would be like duh???" However I must say you have worked with me through this ordeal and I have gained much knowledge through trial and error. Thanks for spending the time to answer questions at the risk of your relationship. that shows dedication to your work and I appreciate it. Now go have some fun with the one you Love.

P.S I am sure I will be back for questions to be answered

BIG WILL!!!!
Old 19th December 2010, 04:28   #40
DJ Big Will

Told you I would be back LOL!!!!!

The detailed info was excellent Now I have a new Error message

msg:[YP2] /yp/resp/update freq missing

Does this have to do with my Firewall or what did I configure wrong this time. LOL!!!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support