Old 25th October 2014, 21:39   #1
ddddd

Problems with rebuilding a "dead" server (SCv1, SCv2, IC)

hey radio fam,

ive a really big problem - our shoutcast admin left our radio group and deleted more or less the whole shoutcast/icecast services too - i was able to rebuild the most things (except of the icecast) but it doesnt work like it should... so my last hope is here to get this running again... we hadnt so much listeners but with about 3500 unique listeners/day i think it was a quite cool work already.. nvm heres the configuration

server configuration (just one of 3 radios on it)
#############
radio
  • SCv1
    1. 56kbps (public)
    2. 128kbps (public)
    3. 192kbps (public)
  • SCv2
    1. 56kbps (private)
    2. 128kbps (private)
    3. 192kbps (private)
  • IC
    1. 256kbps (private)
#############

listeneres were connected to the SCv1 streams - there was just the welcome jingle in the playlist + a "calender" entry with a relay to get the music from the IC stream in the config.

at the private SCv2 there is the full "autodj" playlist, commercial playlist and djconnect settings - transcoder streamed to the icecast service too so dat means SCv1 streams got their music over the IC from the SCv2 (right?)

the last thing is the icecast himself.. we dont have any installed version and i dont know how to install the service on linux and configure it (SCv1 needs it for the music coming from the SCv2 transc)
#############

and now im not able to rebuild the whole thing for every radio again cuz im not familiar with the services (sc/ic) but i did for the most important radio a relay to the 192kbps stream from the SCv1 56/128/192 but the problem at this is, dat im just streaming with 192kbps on every SCv1 stream now.. cuz i took just the main port number of the SCv2... but this isnt a solution for a longer time..

so i know its a quite huge configuration already but it would be nice if someone would be down for it - maybe we can find a solution with €€€ if theres a motivated guy out here

best regards
ddddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 21:55   #2
DrO

i'm assuming that it was just one person responsible and there are no known backups, etc? like you mention a transcoder but not specifically what it is / was.

anyway, i'm sure there's some reason why you've got such a mix of things and having a seemingly unnecessary middle layer, but there is no sane reason to keep using the unsupported 1.x DNAS and is better to just use all 2.x DNAS for any SHOUTcast DNAS stages.

as it would probably be simpler to just do transcoder (whatever it is you're using) -> DNAS (master) -> DNAS (slaves). as i don't quite see why you need the Icecast instance in there unless you were relying on something specific (which even if you were, it seems like you wouldn't know what it was anyway).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 15:16   #3
ddddd

so sorry DrO dat i wasnt able to answer you earlier.. but first of all thank you really for the tip! ive done it on friday and everything (except of the commercials) did run superb again! but in the early morning of saturday our former admin made a cronjob and deleted the whole server again......
so ive to complete reinstall the whole linux root server + shoutcast v1 and v2 + icecast.. plesk settings + websites + emails just everything..
and since 4am today in the morning i can say dat ive done it!!! everything (except of the websites but they will come asap too) is working again + commercials toooo!!!!!
we are using shoutcastv1 cuz of it (commercials) dats why we dont want to upgrade fully to the v2 and make it public
but nvm.. we can close it im so happy dat i could manage to fix it!! (didnt sleep so much this weekend but nvm it is running again!)

radios are --> dubbase.fm, drumandbass.fm and trap.fm if someone is interested to know

cheers and best regards from austria!
Old 27th October 2014, 15:50   #4
DrO

you don't have to have the 2.x DNAS be public (just the same as was the case with 1.x) and there should be no reason for things built for 1.x to not work with 2.x. so if something doesn't work correctly with it then we need to know so we can improve the 1.x compatibility of 2.x DNAS.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 07:39   #5
ddddd

ah ok really cool to know!
will check this settings in the next days and ill late you know about it - meanwhile ill get in contact with the commercial (adswizz) company and ask them about SCv2
thx for helping (really! i appreciate this really much)
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support