Old 21st August 2012, 22:22   #1
N7Shadow

Having trouble/port closed (please read)

Hi, I'm trying to setup a shoutcast server just to broadcast to a few friends.
I did the port forwarding and it's still giving me the error message:
E msg:[YP2] Connection attempt failed. YP2 error c
ode is 480 (Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://67.162.72.85:8000/test
.aac) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.)

here is a screenshot of the port forwarding part: http://preview.*******.com/cfe7byd (not sure why the link or picture won't show)
I'm not sure if I set this up right. The other ports are for games etc and they work. I just can't seem to get shoutcast to work.

Can anyone help with this?
N7Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 00:46   #2
DrO

well the port forwarding doesn't appear to be correct (unless the DNAS is trying to run on a different IP to what was opened) as i cannot access the DNAS either.

first thing, remove the streampath=/test.aac line from the config file (that is going to cause more issues for you once you get the stream accessible). though without seeing it, things to check include:
  • making sure the DNAS is running on the port you've forwarded
  • that you've done it for the correct machine on the network
  • that you've only opened what is needed (default is only port 8000 if the source is on the same network)
  • that you've done it for the TCP protocol

second thing, with the screenshot url, can you re-post it, putting spaces either side of the dot please (it's filtered in the way it is as some part of the address matches with the global filter list on this forum).

third thing, is this meant to be a publically listed or private stream? you mention for just a few friends so do you actually want to be having it listed in the Directory? i have to ask that as if not then it still means you need to sort out the port forwarding issue, but it means you either need to set you source to private or set publicserver=never in the config file.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 02:19   #3
N7Shadow

Thank you for responding!

http://25 . media . tumblr . com/tumblr_m94m2tNjnF1qjr5yyo1_1280.jpg

I switched the things you said, so the screenshot is set to TCP now, not both, but the rest is the same. I'm not sure about this step: that you've done it for the correct machine on the network

but I think I did do it correctly. The page times out for me and friends trying to go to it. After I did the things you said though, I'm not getting the error. It looks like it's running fine yet it times out. 8000 does that is. even when checking on the Radio toolbox site.
Old 22nd August 2012, 09:39   #4
DrO

you really only need 8000 opened, doing 8000-8002 is excessive and at most it should be 8000-8001 but only if you want a remote v1 source connection.

not knowing this router, where have you gotten the external IP address from? i.e. did you use something like http://whatismyipaddress.com/ ? as based on the other values, i'm wondering if you need to just set it as 0.0.0.0 for the IP like all of the other entries.

so all i can otherwise suggest is to look through http://portforward.com/english/route...outerindex.htm for your router and make sure that you've got it setup in a similar manner (obviously only opening the port(s) needed as per my comments above).

-daz
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:42   #5
N7Shadow

Hey thanks again for replying. I actually tried the 0.0.0.0. way and yes i go to what is myip and that's where i get it. I still can't seem to load the page the 8000 port just times out. Port triggering wouldn't help this would it?
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:52   #6
jaromanda
Forum King

are you hosting the stream yourself, and trying to use the public IP from within the private LAN?

"If you don't like DNAS, write your own damn system"

So I did
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:55   #7
DrO

no idea about port triggering.

the only other thing coming to mind (which i forgot at the stupid time i posted last night) is make sure that you've allowed the DNAS through any OS firewall in place as that's usually the next area where things are blocked if the router seems to be setup ok.

-daz
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:01   #8
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
no idea about port triggering.
port triggering is totally irrelevant - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_triggering

"If you don't like DNAS, write your own damn system"

So I did
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:11   #9
N7Shadow

hm i don't know if I did that. Not sure what it's called. Sorry for my horrible english here.

oh and I am hosting it myself. i was using the sc_serv basic too. The router seems to work for ps3, ipad and all that stuff. I host games and people can connect to me, though I've had problems with a recent game.
Old 24th August 2012, 00:53   #10
N7Shadow

if you meant the dns plugin yeah. Hm 8000 port always times out for me i don't get it.
Old 24th August 2012, 10:22   #11
DrO

if things are still not working then with the information you've provided, i'm not sure there's much else anyone can suggest / do (especially if you're getting issues with other programs).

are you absolutely sure the DNAS is even running on the machine so you can get some webpage response by accessing localhost:8000 in your browser. and also that you're trying to connect to it on the same machine and are using localhost as the server address.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support