Old 28th December 2010, 18:46   #1
Gotfolks

Playlist

Two question!
1) We are current running the Shoutcast Beta2 and pulling the mp3 files from the server, and have the PLAYLIST to rewrite every hour but for some reason the rewrite does not do the new added files ]. Can someone please tell us what we are doing wrong?

2) Last is there a program where we can program the stations from the server to play the station ID at a certain time ie every 30 mins.. or this can only be done using the Calendar?

Thx
Gotfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2010, 19:10   #2
DrO

1) i have to assume you're referring to sc_trans - as such when a playlist is loaded by sc_trans then what is in the playlist at that time will be loaded and changing the playlist file physically will not be reflected until the next time sc_trans attempts to read it i.e. by using the 'loadplaylist' weblet command (detailed in section 4.1 in sc_trans.txt).

2) there's no proper way of doing that (i guess it can be fiddled by tweaking things or forcing specific files to play) though without some additional things being done in sc_trans itself i'm not too sure what to suggest in the interim.

i guess the most sensible thing would be for some sort of 'title' event but would also need to add in support for an individual title for each encoder configuration to make that more sensible.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2010, 09:54   #3
Gotfolks

Yep that is just what we've done but odd the trans_coder is not adding the new files added to the playlist folder.
Gotfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2010, 10:03   #4
DrO

can i just confirm before i log this to be checked out at a later time (sc_trans is a bit lower on my todo list at the moment), is it the playlist you've set via 'playlistfile' in your configuration file that you are updating (and it definitely references the new files) or is it a priority playlist as specified via the 'playlists' option?

i have to ask as using the 'loadplaylist' weblet command will only reload the playlist set against 'playlistfile'.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
playlist, program station