Old 18th June 2014, 23:28   #1
ChiggyChiggy

pmp_activesync not loaded

Ive always seen this plugin look like this http://i.gyazo.com/500984da6cc086693f6d841e12b5a7ae.png and it never loads like the rest of the plugins, why?
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 23:36   #2
DrO

because it doesn't load for most installs as it'll only load when it detects what it needs and if that cannot be found, it won't load. and since i changed things in recent Winamp releases to show plug-ins which didn't load correctly, it's just more obvious now that it doesn't loaded compared to just not showing up at all and is mainly for tech support that what was and wasn't loaded is shown (especially so when safe mode is enabled).

you can always uninstall it (using the button on the preference page) if you don't like it appearing (it doesn't have any noticeable effect on loading and running of Winamp whether it's still present or not).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2014, 00:08   #3
ChiggyChiggy

What does it need then? I take its for syncing with Windows Mobile phones? Does it need another app to work with or....
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2014, 07:41   #4
DrO

I can't remember or check currently, but its probably something which could be removed from the installer without anyone noticing it I think. either way I'd not worry much about it and would probably just remove it from my install.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
input, pmp, pmp_activesync, portable, portables