Old 11th August 2013, 15:02   #1
fc*uk

I'm fixin to put a copyright on...

AHEM!

[soapbox]
Because I love to pick on them (but in all honesty they are just playing by the rules; I know and understand that. Hate the game, not the players), from Soundcloud's website:

Quote:
What is copyright?
“Copyright” is the term used to describe a number of legal rights that exist in original literary, musical, dramatic or artistic works, and in sound recordings, films, broadcasts and other creative works. Under copyright laws, these rights are exclusive to the copyright owner, and enable the copyright owner to control how their work is used and to prevent unauthorised use.

Originally, copyright laws allowed the creator of a work to prevent that work from being copied, but copyright laws have gradually been extended over time, and now allow copyright owners to prevent and control things like adaptation or public performance of the copyright work, inclusion of the work in a broadcast, or distribution of the work both physically and on the Internet. Because these rights are exclusive to the copyright owner, anyone wanting to do any of these things needs the permission of the copyright owner.

Copyright can exist in all sorts of things - for example, music, lyrics, photographs, artwork, books, speeches, TV programmes and movies. Also, what might appear to be a single work can include several different copyrights owned by various different people. For example, a music track by a signed artist will often include separate copyrights in the composition, the lyrics, and the sound recording. Copyright in the music and lyrics will usually be owned by the artist or music publishing company, and copyright in the sound recording will usually be owned by the artist’s record label. Use of that track, including any adaptation of the track or any uploading or sharing over the Internet, will require the permission of all of these copyright owners, either directly or through their representatives (for example, through a collecting society or performing rights organisation).

What is copyright infringement, and how can I avoid it?
Because the rights afforded by copyright law are exclusive to the copyright owner(s), you will infringe copyright if you do any of those things without the permission of the copyright owner(s) - for example, if you copy or adapt a copyright work, or make it available on the Internet.

The best way to avoid copyright infringement is to ensure that you don’t use anything created by anyone else. Simple as that.
Well, shucks... in light of that, I am fixing to put a copyright on b flat major. Imma getting the printed note on paper and the sound that little fucker makes.

So, beware! Anyone that uses b flat major in you work! I am coming for you and will file a copyright infringement against you.

Why have we let things get so blatantly out of control?
[/soapbox]

fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 15:44   #2
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
Eh, that's okay. I'll be using A# instead. Granted, my old music theory prof would have a heart attack, but I'll know what it means.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions