Old 11th July 2012, 00:28   #1
beezjeh

[Help] authhash creation problem

Hello,

I've installed shoutcast server today on mine Ubuntu Desktop 10.04, i see the stream source when im logged in the DNAS.
At the authhash i filled in all the form that i had to fill in and kept genre on Misc even tried other genre's but for some reason it was giving the following error all the time;
Error Code: 456.
"Parameter value not allowed"

Error code as reported via the in-DNAS administration page: written above
If your are attempting to do a create or update or a remove: create
The operating system you are running the DNAS on: Ubuntu Desktop 10.04
The browser and the version of it you are using: Google Chrome 20.0.1132.47 also tried IE and Chromium in ubuntu

EDIT:
Somehow it didn't give any error and created the key but it gave the error which said it couldn't save the key in the configuration file. I forgot to copy the error code..
beezjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 00:37   #2
DrO

the error code indicates that you've entered a value which is not supported or allowed. can you send me a pm with all of the values you've entered on the create authhash page.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 00:42   #3
beezjeh

I updated mine post, the text i've added is bellow on mine first post.
I also sended a screenshot to you as pm.
Old 11th July 2012, 00:58   #4
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezjeh View Post
EDIT:
Somehow it didn't give any error and created the key but it gave the error which said it couldn't save the key in the configuration file. I forgot to copy the error code..
just seen this edit as i was about to say from my test there wasn't anything wrong with using the details shown.

you should have seen the authhash shown on the page as it not being able to save to the file means you need to manually add it to the config file yourself (and also ensure that there is a streamid=1 entry in the config file).

if you did not get the authhash, you can just create a new one (might need to restart the DNAS so it forgets about what you had previously created if it wasn't able to be saved to the config file) and then make sure to copy it when it shows the error saving. any duplicates you make will be automatically removed in the next few days so it is not too much of an issue.

-daz
Old 11th July 2012, 01:05   #5
beezjeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
just seen this edit as i was about to say from my test there wasn't anything wrong with using the details shown.

you should have seen the authhash shown on the page as it not being able to save to the file means you need to manually add it to the config file yourself (and also ensure that there is a streamid=1 entry in the config file).

if you did not get the authhash, you can just create a new one (might need to restart the DNAS so it forgets about what you had previously created if it wasn't able to be saved to the config file) and then make sure to copy it when it shows the error saving. any duplicates you make will be automatically removed in the next few days so it is not too much of an issue.

-daz
I've copied the authhash and placed it in sc_serv_simple.conf and reloaded the config and it connected to yp.shoutcast.com

But i still can't create an authhash key, i created it once which i actually don't know how. But now i can't create it and giving the error that i've mentioned in mine first post.
Old 11th July 2012, 01:21   #6
DrO

your giving contradictory information in saying it doesn't work and then it does but wasn't in-between the different edits which have been made.

if the authhash is in the config file then you don't need to keep creating new ones. either way, i've replied to your pm with the authhash which shows as having worked just to make sure that you have a valid one to use since i cannot replicate any failure with the details from the screenshot you provided.

-daz
Old 8th October 2012, 04:26   #7
jrudisill

Public IP changed; can't remove or update authhash

Error Code: 464.
"Authhash could not be found or removed"

Click here to return to the Administrator Summary.

Here's my sc_serv_simple.conf file (sans remarks)

logfile=logs\sc_serv.log
w3clog=logs\sc_w3c.log
banfile=control\sc_serv.ban
ripfile=control\sc_serv.rip

publicserver=always

maxuser=32

ypTimeout=180

;ypaddr=64.12.243.204

ypaddr=64.12.96.225

;srcip=76.174.165.206

;dstip=76.174.165.206

streampath=/test.aac

password=<not included in this post>

adminpassword=<not included in this post>

streamid_1=1

streamauthhash_1=nYSlebD42EpOurlRLd6B

;this authhash was issued when I was trying to set up the service through a Linksys E3000 ;connected to a Motorola Surfboard cable modem/router. I finally got port 8000 open by ;bridging the Motorola cable modem, but can't change the authhash to recognize the new ;public IP.
;HELP! I've been futzing with this for a month now.
; also, I can't get config_builder to accept the streamtitle, SMOR
jrudisill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 14:26   #8
DrO

the authhash (which you shouldn't have posted publically anyway) doesn't exist anymore which is why you're not able to do anything with it. remove it from the configuration file (along with the streampath=/test.aac line) and then when you start the DNAS you'll be able to create a new authhash.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support