Old 26th July 2013, 14:20   #1
DJ MW

Big Bento looks smaller

Hi, guys.

I have recently changed to Windows 7 Professional (I used to have XP), and, for some reason, the Big Bento skin looks much smaller now. I used to have it before, when I used XP, and it looked bigger. The font, the buttons, everything... I see similar questions have been asked, but the suggested solutions aren't what I'm looking for (I know that you can change the font size in Playlist, but I need to change it everywhere, and the size of buttons, too, and the change of scaling in Window Settings isn't what I need, either).

Hope someone can help me, thanks in advance.
DJ MW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 15:30   #2
DrO

you probably need to increase the window scaling via the main right-click menu -> window settings options.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 21:23   #3
DJ MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
you probably need to increase the window scaling via the main right-click menu -> window settings options.
Nah, as I've said, that's not what I mean... Then the whole window becomes oversized.
Old 26th July 2013, 21:38   #4
DrO

then you need to better clarify what you mean as i'm otherwise not following.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 22:41   #5
JonnyMac

Is your system running at a higher resolution after changing to Win7 Pro?

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 12:25   #6
DJ MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMac View Post
Is your system running at a higher resolution after changing to Win7 Pro?
Indeed, it's at 1280 x 1024 now, and I've tried changing it, but it doesn't affect the font and button size in Winamp. I've also noticed that I have the same problem with some other programs, where the font and buttons look much smaller than before, so it's not just Winamp... This is what it looks like now. It's not like I can't see a thing, obviously, but everything used to be bigger...

Old 28th July 2013, 14:28   #8
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ MW View Post
Indeed, it's at 1280 x 1024 now, and I've tried changing it, but it doesn't affect the font and button size in Winamp.
As the screen resolution goes up everything displayed looks smaller, but the reverse should also be true (resolution down, things look bigger). What resolution did you try changing it to?

You can also make things look bigger without changing the screen resolution. Instead you can change the default dpi associated with a particular resolution. You can make it 125% larger or even bigger. Right click on the desktop and select "Screen resolution". In the window that opens select the option to "Make text and other items larger or smaller". If you try this, don't go much about 125% because it can cause Winamp to have problems matching up the mouse pointer to where things are shown.

Bottom line, you may just have to adjust to pretty much the new size of things. Please provide the configuration info report anyway, it may show something that can be adjusted.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support