Old 28th May 2010, 08:38   #1
boelectronic

Send a message via ICQ to boelectronic Send a message via AIM to boelectronic Send a message via MSN to boelectronic Send a message via Yahoo to boelectronic Send a message via Skype™ to boelectronic
A weird problem in Winamp -> Send To Menu

I've had a problem in winamp for about a year or more...

in Windows Vista SP1 and then in Vista SP2 and now in Win7...

When I clean install windows and then install Winamp there is no problem and everything works just fine, but after a few months problem come back!

now what's the problem?:
While Opening "Send To" menu Windows Freeze(AppHang)! no matter right click over item and mouse over "Send To" menu or click "send to" menu in top, anyway windows freeze, yet I could not find what might be the reason...

How I can solve this problem?

also, Does winamp has debug mode? how to enable and export some log?
boelectronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 09:03   #2
DrO

try renaming ml_disc.dll in the plug-ins folder to ml_disc.off and see if the problem still occurs (as most send to menu issues seem to be coming from that plug-in / the sonic burning engine though it doesn't happen for anyone on the dev team *shrugs* ).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 09:06   #3
boelectronic

Send a message via ICQ to boelectronic Send a message via AIM to boelectronic Send a message via MSN to boelectronic Send a message via Yahoo to boelectronic Send a message via Skype™ to boelectronic
I expected it must happen when Winamp is checking for the drives I've to list them and to give it a try I uninstalled Virtual Drives I've and no luck, now I'm going to try your solution ;-)

Thanks for quick reply!!
Old 28th May 2010, 09:10   #4
boelectronic

Hey!!! Problem is gone now!!! but, for sure now I've lost many abilities in Winamp, any replacement or fix for that plugin?
Old 28th May 2010, 09:25   #5
DrO

no fix at the moment, but it's definitely verified that plug-in is at fault. i'm hoping to find a fix for the issue for the next client release though would be lot easier if i could reproduce it. you've mentioned Virtual Drives, do you have a link to the version you were using?

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 09:41   #6
boelectronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
no fix at the moment, but it's definitely verified that plug-in is at fault. i'm hoping to find a fix for the issue for the next client release though would be lot easier if i could reproduce it. you've mentioned Virtual Drives, do you have a link to the version you were using?

-daz
as I told you, this is Not a new problem, even I had this years ago in Windows Vista SP1 and SP2 and now in Windows 7. in Vista I was Not using this Virtual Drive "SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive"
http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

I don't know if it helps, but I attached some logs, so you can see overall of my system
Attached Files
File Type: 7z winamp.7z (78.6 KB, 170 views)
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
freeze, hang, send to, winamp