Old 19th January 2008, 05:39   #561
osmosis
Major Dude

@GTFI: That must be because it's trying to install it silently (/s) and the installer doesn't have the system rights to do so on Vista.

@Flo_La: Are you using 5.52? What plugins do you have installed? (both of the default included and 3rd party)

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2008, 12:09   #562
Flo_La

I was using 5.51, upgraded to 5.52 today and AW still works, shows all the scripts.

My installed plugins:
standard ones:
gen_ff.dll (NS modern skin support)
gen_hotkeys.dll
gen_jumpex.dll (jump to file extra)
gen_ml.dll (media library)
ml_pmp.dll (portable media player support)
ml_autotag.dll
ml_plg.dll (playlist generator)
ml_rg.dll (replay gain)
ml_transcode.dll
pmp_usb.dll
and other standard plugins that i doubt could possibly interfere:
dash, nowplaying, local, orb, playlists, online, wire, disc, bookmarks, history. (it's always ml_*.dll)

non-standard/third party plugins:
gen_activewa.dll (of course)
gen_sleep_timer.dll (SleepTimer 0.1)
gen_sripper.dll
ml_ipod.dll (the third party one)

osmosis, is there anything in your plugins list that might interfere with AW?
Flo_La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2008, 18:07   #563
osmosis
Major Dude

Yah, that's what i'm thinking. I'm disabling them and reenabling them one-by-one. I'll report back if it starts to work.

disabling all but what you had listed didn't do anything.. but i do know that AW ties into gen_hotkeys.dll and i don't usually install that since i don't use them.. i'll see if reinstalling with hotkeys makes it work.

edit: that didn't work either. i'm stumped as to why it works on yours but not on mine or GTFI's

Old 20th January 2008, 21:52   #564
Flo_La

@GTFI: So you are saying that registering the dll manually after the installer hangs is a viable workaround? That would be OK I suppose. Can anyone else confirm that? I don't have any computer with Vista to try it myself.

@osmosis: Sorry,I really don't know either. I guess you could try the famous "fresh install".
The only other thing that comes to my mind is that I deleted most of the scripts that come with AW from the scripts folder and I only have my own ones in there, they are only like 4 or 5. I don't think that should make any difference, just wanted to mention it.
Flo_La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 23:26   #565
osmosis
Major Dude

Yeah I did the same with the default scripts, and this IS a fresh install that I did as of 5.51 .. so maybe it's something that changed since I did a fresh install. I guess i'll try "fresh installing" AW again, even though if you register the .dll yourself it shouldn't make a difference.

EDIT: Didn't work.. BUT I know why! For some reason (probably Vista compatibility) starting with 5.5x my Winamp settings started being stored in %AppData%, AND apparantly when Winamp is set up for multi-user, AW doesn't bother looking in the main Plugins dir for its scripts, it looks under %AppData% as well, SO if you move the Scripts folder from "Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\Scripts" to "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Winamp\Plugins\Scripts" everything works again.

OR your other option (if you want to keep Winamp self-contained) is to move the entire %AppData%\Winamp dir to Program Files and change "inidir=" in Winamp\paths.ini to
"C:\Program Files\Winamp" (minus "s) or whatever.

So there you go, mystery solved.

EDIT2: I don't really recommend the last option though, I tried it and it appears Winamp just doesn't like it, and starts up a bit slower because of it.

Last edited by osmosis; 21st January 2008 at 00:28.
Old 21st January 2008, 04:27   #566
GTFI

Quote:
Didn't work.. BUT I know why! For some reason (probably Vista compatibility) starting with 5.5x my Winamp settings started being stored in %AppData%, AND apparantly when Winamp is set up for multi-user, AW doesn't bother looking in the main Plugins dir for its scripts, it looks under %AppData% as well, SO if you move the Scripts folder from "Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\Scripts" to "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Winamp\Plugins\Scripts" everything works again.

So there you go, mystery solved.
Thanks! So easy solution. All time I was thinkin that the plugin doesnt see the scripts folder, cause the scripts worked when running them manually... I wasn't aware of AppData winamp folder.
Thank you very much
GTFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 22:02   #567
lual

hi, i've updated winamp from v5.33 to v5.52 (WinXP).
now i have the same troubles like bwechner.

playlist(1).rating
and also
playlist(1).ATFString("%rating%")
returns always 0

before the update both of them worked.

is a solution for this issue out there?

regards lual
lual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 02:55   #568
osmosis
Major Dude

shane hasn't gotten around to building the newer version of AW off of the unicode winamp sdk yet, so no, as far as i can tell, you're stuck for now. note what he said to bwechner and that it was over a year ago.

Old 8th February 2008, 22:18   #569
Aiikon

Looking for a workaround

I've been working on a tool to help me manage/play my music using vb.net and I'm having an issue that I can't find a workaround for. I do all my work from an access database through adodb and I'm trying to get a way for winamp and my program to communicate what song is playing or needs to be played.

My problem is that a good portion of my library has unicode-only characters in their filenames and tags, which breaks ActiveWinamp. For some reason I thought I would be able have winamp play a song from its DbIndex, and I wrote a script that gathers those for me and associates them with my internal song IDs, which I happen to keep in the URL field of the files as well. Unfortunatly I wasn't able to find the function that I thought I saw that could return a MediaItem from a DbIndex, and on top of that ActiveWinamp returns -1 for the DbIndex of all files with unicode names, which didn't make sense if it was getting them directly from winamp.

I don't actually need unicode support, but ActiveWinamp should ignore unicode fields in MediaItems instead of breaking the MediaItem. From what I can think up so far, I either need:

ActiveWinamp to be able to load a MediaItem from a DbIndex, or ActiveWinamp to be able to get the URL field of a MediaItem and be able to search for a MediaItem based on the URL field.

Any suggestions for how to accomplish this?
Aiikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 22:26   #570
Aiikon

Okay, addendum, I got winamp to play a media item from a DbIndex, I had earlier assumed that MediaLibrary.Item() was not the DbIndex but a .net collection (coming from a COM plugin, yeah I know). So now I just need to find a way to lift the DbIndex off MediaItems taken from the playlist that have unicode characters in their names, or get the URL field from a MediaItem, which would be nicer.
Old 8th February 2008, 22:56   #571
Aiikon

Okay, another note. I was able to lift the DbIndex from the majority of 5000 songs without trouble. Accessing MediaLibary.Item(DbIndex) returned a bad MediaItem for all of my unicode files, however accessing MediaLibrary(DbIndex) returned working MediaItems for all but 69 files. As far as I can tell, it hates a sort of bolded ~ symbol that a few albums use and perhaps a few others. I'll also add that my G15 doesn't know what to do with that symbol either.

Symbol, on the off chance that it actually shows up properly here: 〜
Old 24th February 2008, 00:41   #572
osmosis
Major Dude

Winamp Party Shuffle 3.0

vect's Biased Party Shuffle has been posted to the wiki and rebranded as Winamp Party Shuffle 3.0 citing it's superior speed, good implementation of ratings bias, as well as its ease of, and full configurability.

So without further ado, here's the new Winamp Party Shuffle 3.0:
Biased Party Shuffle on the ActiveWinamp Wiki

This defaults to a 20 track total.

If you liked the way the previous versions of Winamp Party Shuffle had a 15 track version and a 20 track version, simply copy the script in the same directory, rename it accordingly, and edit the CONFIG section of the script to have a lower "forecast" value (eg. 14 to 9 for a "15 track" version).

Enjoy!
Old 5th March 2008, 22:30   #573
heinz57g

WOW, when everything is well, i dont come here often, and
when i do, this single post has grown into 15 pages - i just
hope the ones 'handling' and overseeing things here dont get
tired of it.

scripts (shanes great ActiveWA): they worked fine till my last
WA update a few weeks ago (was it to 5.5?), but since a few
days i am getting a total breakdown whenever i for example try
to sort by track number (... serious fault, immdt close down ...).

am i the only one?

greetings - heinz -

Last edited by heinz57g; 5th March 2008 at 22:48.
heinz57g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 19:02   #574
osmosis
Major Dude

there was a small logic error i introduced to Party Shuffle 3.0 that stopped the weight bias from functioning. it's fixed now on the wiki. same version number.

@heinz sorry i only use AW for the party shuffle and that appears to be working properly (now hah).

Old 10th March 2008, 20:11   #575
heinz57g

the more scripts i try, the more i find that are shutting WA down,
completely - with a nice error code pointing right to AW.

shane, where are you? we need you.

greetings - heinz -
heinz57g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 15:10   #576
vect

I updated my biased party shuffle script quite some time ago, and have only just bothered to post the damn thing.

The whole way it does the 'bias' has been reworked.
There is only one query now, a bias value, and a rating function (at bottom of script). I think there's enough documentation in the script to work it out.

This system allows infinite levels of bias (provided you code them). There's an example in the script of using a track's 'year' attribute in combination with its rating to influence its chance of being enqueued.
Should also have a faster start-up time.

ps. didn't release this earlier because I thought it would be too complex, but I still think this is much more elegant than what I had before, and there still seems to be some interest in a party shuffle (hey I still use it :-)

pps. I had that same problem with the scripts not showing up! grateful for the workaround.

so take a look, play around, use it, rebrand it, whatever, enjoy :-)
Attached Files
File Type: txt playlist_biased party shuffle.vbs.txt (10.5 KB, 547 views)
vect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 20:21   #577
artattack

Thanks.

Hi.

Just registered to say thanks, great script, I have been using for a few weeks now.

Arthur.
artattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 23:41   #578
osmosis
Major Dude

@vect: Wow! Really really nice work. The part where it catches if the ML has updated since the script started is really clever. Thanks for all the work that must've gone into the script as a whole. Myself and surely many other people who've been wanting proper Party Shuffle functionality in Winamp (or a reasonable facsimile) are indebted to you.

I made some very minor modifications today and posted it to the wiki as
Winamp Party Shuffle 3.2: Biased Party Shuffle on the ActiveWinamp Wiki
Old 14th June 2008, 05:48   #579
dzaharia

Great plugin, it's been great so far. The only problem is that i am having trouble finding some sort of index of messages and their significance. More specifically, i am looking for a message which toggles the playlist/ media library. Also, what do the three parameters of the message mean? Is there documentation which outlines this information other than the gen_activewa.chm?
dzaharia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 14:56   #580
Mitch72

With the biased party shuffle, is there any way to use only a certain playlist instead of the whole media library? Or perhaps by genre, or something contained in the comment field? Just curious, I don't really know anything about scripting myself, just wondered if it would be possible. Great script though, easy to configure, works well, etc.

EDIT: k, just kinda answered my own question here... changing mainquery = "type = 0" to mainquery = "comment HAS *keyword*" will exclude everything without that comment, correct? (Seems to work for me, but if someone could confirm this, that'd be great). I'd assume this works with other fields to, i.e. genre/artist/etc? Sorry if I'm being a noob about this ... might be an idea to throw in some examples for parts of config section
Mitch72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 15:23   #581
osmosis
Major Dude

yup that's correct. you can do genre or whatever you like there.. even restrict by path. it's all winamp's db query language. some good examples/explanations are already present in winamp itself; go to the media library and open a new smart view or edit an existing one. click Advanced mode. Voila! All you ever wanted to know about querying the media library! hope this helps.

Old 17th June 2008, 05:07   #582
Mitch72

Yep, that's what I did (checking in smartview)! Lol cheers for the help, great script.
Old 30th June 2008, 06:57   #583
ZoScr

Multiple copies of Winamp? (Automatic logging)

I'd like to script Winamp so that it writes current song playing info to a log file every time the track is changed. I read the sample VBS code that does just that.

Here's the thing: I want to do it across multiple copies of Winamp, and I'd like it to happen automatically.

I.e. If I launch a copy of Winamp, I'd like it to log to a file every time the track is changed. If I launch a second copy of Winamp, I'd also like that copy to log track changes.

Can this be done using ActiveWinamp?

Thanks!
ZoScr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 17:36   #584
osmosis
Major Dude

yes, if the script writes one line to a specific file every time the track changes, having the same script open in multiple instances of winamp should continue to log between the 2 of them, chronologically, every time a track changes. if you wanted to signify which winamp it was coming from you would have to have two copies of the script, one loaded in each instance of winamp, each appending something to signify (ie. win1 and the other win2) to the front of each log line.

Old 30th June 2008, 19:01   #585
ZoScr

Thanks for the reply.

But, let's say I want this to happen for every instance of Winamp I launch. And I may launch Winamp via launching an associated file (i.e. an MP3). What scheme could I pursue that would ensure that this new instance of Winamp has the script running that is logging to a file?

Meanwhile, I have found a plugin ("Now Playing") which pretty nearly solves my problem, as it runs for every copy of Winamp, and generates info on track change. Unfortunately, it has limitations that made it useless to me (it causes Winamp to lose focus for a few seconds while it's generating its log info, and it doesn't adequately log when you go from stopped to playing on a particular track). Hence, I'm still interested in something more generic, that I could tailor to my needs.

Thanks again!
Old 30th June 2008, 19:12   #586
osmosis
Major Dude

make the script a startup script and it'll always launch with winamp. it's bad practice to have something launch open-ended (ie. run but never stop), but that would be your best approach.

Old 1st July 2008, 22:17   #587
ZoScr

Startup script success...VBS launch app pointer?

Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
make the script a startup script and it'll always launch with winamp. it's bad practice to have something launch open-ended (ie. run but never stop), but that would be your best approach.
Thanks! Although I didn't know what you were referring to by startup script, then I Used The Source (and then also found the documentation) and realized I could name the script startup_xxx.vbs and it'd run on startup.

I noticed the early doc mentions naming a script changetrack_xxx.vbs and having that run every time a change happens. I didn't find reference to this in the source. Was that eliminated?

Anyway, I tweaked the included logsong.vbs so it doesn't hold the logfile open between tracks, and now I've got my multiple Winamps all logging to a single file.

Of course, what I REALLY want is to perform an arbitrary action (launch an app, or send an HTTP POST, etc.) on track change...but now I know that all I have to do is figure out how to do this in VBScript, and I'm set. Of course, a little pointer for a VBS noob wouldn't go to waste.

Thanks!
Old 2nd July 2008, 19:18   #588
osmosis
Major Dude

i don't think changetrack_xxx.vbs is a method that works any more, if ever. the audioscrobbler, etc., scripts that are posted in the examples should help you with the http post stuff. glad to help.

Old 2nd July 2008, 19:32   #589
ZoScr

Great, thanks!
Old 7th August 2008, 17:16   #590
mrtech

I have a c++ component that does raw_Insert's into the media library via this component, is there a msg or method to refresh the library listing after such an insert? I have everything else working, but requires a manual refresh to see newly added tracks, thanks.
mrtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 17:24   #591
osmosis
Major Dude

i think it would have to be something to do with Hwnd, but other than knowing that, it's beyond my expertise.

Old 30th August 2008, 22:46   #592
AndreaP

Folder/playlist rotation automation

Hi everybody.
I'm desperately looking for a way to automate my web radio..
I didn't find any scheduling program or any other plugin right for the purpouse.
I try to explain (sorry for my weak english..): I have a number of folders (or playlists too), "songs" "jingles" "talks"... And I simply want to assign to Winamp a rule to pick and play a file from folder (or playlist) "jingles" every three songs, and another file from "talks" every two songs, and so on.
I did not find any (free) software or plugin good for this.
Finally I found Activewinamp.
Maybe with this plugin it is possible, but.. I don't know anything about scripting..
And so: does anyone know if there is some script good for me?
Or... Maybe someone wants to try and create it?
Thank you,
bye

A
AndreaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 08:04   #593
AndreaP

...Is this thread dead?

AndreaP
Old 4th September 2008, 12:56   #594
DrO

people will generally reply a) when they can and b) if they can and can offer valid information. typically no reply means no one can help or have not seen it and been able to reply. you'll have to have (quite) a bit of patience around here for info/replies.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 14:33   #595
AndreaP

No problem DrO.
I'll wait.
Hopeful.

A
Old 27th September 2008, 09:27   #596
Mitch72

Just a random (probably kinda noob-ish) question here- to anyone that's familiar with the autohotkey, is it possible to use it to call up a playlist script?

For example, I have a script that opens up firefox and searches for the lyrics of the current track. I know how to use winamp to create a global shortcut for this, but I'd prefer to use autohotkey.

After a bit of looking around, I'm thinking that I'd be using postmessage/sendmessage (see this thread on the autohotkey forums).

As the thread suggests, I've used winspector to get the control ID, but I'm having trouble getting this to work in the autohotkey script.

Winspector returned a control ID of 61692. I'm assuming that I should be using 0x111 since its a WM_COMMAND message, so I'm thinking it would be a command like this

^+g::PostMessage, 0x111,61692,,,ahk_class Winamp PE

Which isn't working

I'm guessing, unless I have the syntax wrong, that the ahk_class is wrong, or I shouldn't be using that at all.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 27th September 2008, 15:05   #597
osmosis
Major Dude

not sure if i'm following you correctly, but winamp has its own global hotkey plugin and with activewinamp installed you should be able to set up any script with a hotkey.. might be easier if everything you're doing is confined to winamp already.

Old 28th September 2008, 06:44   #598
Mitch72

Yeah I know, that's what i've been doing. I'd just prefer to use autohotkey- specifically becuase I want to use more than one hotkey (i.e. Ctrl+Shift+W+L, with the two letters). Winamp won't let me do this, and I'd prefer to have 'em all in the same place. I know I'm overcomplicating things here, just something I was thinking about. Thanks for the suggestion though .
Old 25th January 2009, 20:58   #599
osmosis
Major Dude

Okay so with the advent of Winamp 5.55 there are some changes to the Media Library which affect Party Shuffle by making it hit the Safety limit (which prevents infinite loops) all the time, triggering a debug message. It also causes the script to disregard rate weighting code and simply pull tracks out of the ML at random. I'm not sure if there's anything that can be changed in the script to accomodate the changes, it might be that ActiveWinamp (sorely) needs an update. However as a temporary "fix" you can force Party Shuffle to work by making sure your Safety limit is a low number (100 or less to force it out of the loop faster) and changing showWarnings to false in the settings. No way to make the rating code work though, sorry folks.

Old 25th January 2009, 21:57   #600
DrO

erm, no idea what this 'safety limit' thingy is, but there shouldn't have been any changes made that would affect the loading of things compared to the previous 5.54x client.

if there is something then would need some more details about the issue if a regression/new bug has definitely appeared.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development