Old 16th September 2013, 15:24   #1
atf3doc

no lyrics with cdg plugin windows7

I have used the CDG plug in for years with great success in playing Karaoke music and lyrics with a Windows XP operating system. I have had hit and miss success with Windows 7...occasionally it will work , but more often than not the music will play but no lyrics box. When I install the plug in, I get the window that says this program did not install properly.
Does anyone have any idea as to how to fix this?
atf3doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2013, 20:33   #2
DrO

other than trying to contact the plug-in author to get a fixed version (which i suspect is not possible), try running Winamp as an administrator (not generally recommended but it'll see if it's a permissions issue with the plug-in on Windows 7 which is causing the issues).

the same applies for the installer (though would be helpful to provide a link to the one that you're trying to install so it can be verified if running as an administrator will work or not).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 10:53   #3
atf3doc

no lyrics with cdg plugin windows7

The problem seems to be with the version of WinZip. If I install the latest WinZip 15, I cannot get lyrics to appear. If I uninstall that version and install version 8, I can get lyrics. Hmmmm??
atf3doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 11:06   #4
DrO

then most likely Winzip must be inserting something into Winamp (and likely the rest of the system) which breaks the plug-in. what / why / how i don't know and is more something that Winzip would need to fix i believe as having any version installed should not be interfering with other programs (and their plug-ins).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support