Old 21st June 2014, 23:55   #1
pepanee

I Cannot Find The Search Function Inside The Media Library

So I was looking for this Search option at the bottom of the Media Library to list me the results of a song that i'm looking for inside this Playlist. It highlights and automatically scrolls towards that result for me to look at. Check out the picture.

...you see, I cannot find that option at the bottom of Winamp itself to help me out. Was that an option in the new Winamp 5.70? That's pretty cool... I like that.

Thanks =)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture.bmp
Views:	373
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	51235  
pepanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 08:06   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Playlists put in the playlist editor panel/window can be searched with the jump-to-file window provided by the jtfe plug-in and some skins (like cPro2) also provide a search box in the playlist editor panel/window.

IIRC, there has never been a search option, as shown in your mock-up, for the playlist panel within the media library. There should be a search box across the top of the panels that show the local library and history views.

The General Preferences - Media Library - Local Library - Options tab has an option for displaying an additional "Refine" search box in album views in the "Advanced Library Preferences" group of options.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 09:01   #3
pepanee

Oh okay. I see the Search box that you're talking about at the top when I have the "Local Library" selected in the Media Library.

Can you give me the steps to take to have that same search box appear on top of any selected playlist that I have? For example, have that search box show on top of the playlist that I have selected in that picture.

Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 10:12   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepanee View Post
Can you give me the steps to take to have that same search box appear on top of any selected playlist that I have? For example, have that search box show on top of the playlist that I have selected in that picture.
I don't think that is possible. If it is, I don't know how to do it.

After you replace or add a listing to the playlist editor (top right corner panel) and put the focus there, then you can use the "J" or "F3" keyboard keys to open another window (Jump to File) that allows you to search within the listing.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 22nd June 2014, 17:46   #5
pepanee

Oh okay. I tried the "J" and "F3" in the playlist window and it opens up the search panel.
That's what I was looking for.

If possible, see if the people who write Winamp can add that Search panel on top for playlists inside the Media Library (like in the Local Library). If not, then that's okay. Thanks for all the help.
Old 22nd June 2014, 20:38   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepanee View Post
If possible, see if the people who write Winamp can add that Search panel on top for playlists inside the Media Library (like in the Local Library). If not, then that's okay. Thanks for all the help.
The current developer, DrO, writes code and monitors this site during the week (he writes code and relaxes on the weekends). The proper place to make this request is in the Winamp Wishlist section, but he may see it here anyway.

Old 22nd June 2014, 21:44   #7
pepanee

Adding The Search Box Function For Playlists

When you're in the Media Library and select the Local Library, there is a search box on top that you can search for what you're looking for.... but is it possible to add this same exact option for when you have a "Playlist" selected also?

Check out the picture:
(BTW this picture is just a mock-up/the picture was modified to add that search box on top)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture.bmp
Views:	257
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	51236  
Old 23rd June 2014, 09:02   #8
DrO

its known the library playlist views need a search option in them as there is no plug-in, etc which will do it natively in the view as is being asked for (and has been asked for repeatedly over the years).

and there will not be a v5.7 final (other than the now deprecated cloud beta clients).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist