Old 17th January 2015, 17:17   #1
neralex
Major Dude

DrO we need your support!

I readed that DrO has decided to stay away from here but we need him. His support is outstanding and in the last 3 years he helped me and also many other people. It would be very sad if this leading DEV would stay away.

... come back, please!

neralex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 18:54   #2
ravermeister

Send a message via ICQ to ravermeister
totally agree!

lastfm.rimkus.it - last.fm Youtube Radio (buy me)
www.rimkus.it - Contact Music & More
ravermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 13:39   #3
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Sometimes you don't know what you have until you loose it..
This time off will be good to him and to the forumers too..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 13:48   #4
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by neralex View Post
I readed that DrO has decided to stay away from here
that's the funniest thing I've read all day

though, if it were part of my job to deal with shoutcast "support", I'd probably neck myself after a week, so it's not surprising he doesn't want to deal with this stuff while on vacation

I'm generalising, not particularly talking about anyone who's posted in this thread.

The level of handholding demanded by the average shoutcast user is astounding. Most can't or wont read the documentation that comes with the downloads or is available online. Many wont accept an answer, that while 100% correct, they don't like, or refuse to understand. It's like they have a preconceived idea of what the answer should be, despite total lack of any knowledge on their part, and will keep repeating the same question over and over and over. And finally, my biggest pet peeve, if you're stubborn and bloody minded enough to insist on running DNAS from your home network, you're going to have to know at least the basics of networking. If you can't be arsed learning what a 10 year old can learn in an hour, then you're going to fail epically, but that's OK, because you can demand an answer to your own stupidity on this forum, and probably get the answer spoon fed to you, despite the fact that a retarded basket weaver could use the search function and find 1000 versions of the same problem answered 1000 times on this forum alone.

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 14:25   #5
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Well, yeh, that's pretty much why I think this will be good to him.
Also, by this time of the year I've would expect for more Radionomy people to be constantly present here, SHOUTcast is their main baby (from this acquisition) so I would've put some other guys to learn the know-how and also aliviate DrO's support work.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 18:01   #6
DrO

there has always been support@shoutcast.com to use (preferred) as well as the feedback / contact options noted on the site (which also existed pre-sale and is the link that was in my signature) where support can be obtained (and generally more quickly than via the forums which are not monitored 24/7).

and i said i'm staying away from Winamp for the time being, though i'll be more focusing on my actual role as a devloper and not a support helper (as there are others who can do support) so I'll be less active in general on here. hence why i put in the links in my signature (and have now amended it to also include the support email directly). so it's not like it's not at all possible to get any sort of support help (despite what some seem to think).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 21:33   #7
SHOUTcast JW
Administrator Alumni

Yes, please use support@shoutcast.com for assistance requests. There's a whole team of us on there to help you make the most of the SHOUTcast products. We'll continue to foster good discussion and camaraderie in the broadcaster community here on the forums. And don't forget to check the wiki for updates on products, services, features, and instructions. Thanks!
SHOUTcast JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions