Old 5th August 2011, 15:27   #1
fireintheole

Winamp crashes on podcasts download

Hi,

I used listen to podcasts on winamp, but now when I start winamp and it starts to download new podcasts it crashes.

I changed my computer and now I'm running the latest winamp version (which it wasn't on my old computer) on a windows 7 64 bits.

I reinstalled winamp several times and as soon I add the podcasts it starts to crash.

Does anyone has the same problem? And any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks.
fireintheole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 12:58   #2
Marshall777

Hi,

I regularly have problem with podcast too.
For no reason, it begins crashing at winamp startup or when displaying on the download podcast.

Usually, you can get rid of those problems by deleting app data files related to podcasts. Go to "C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\Plugins", backup podcasts.dat and podcasts.idx files and then remove them from these folder. Start back Winamp and it should work.
I'm not sure but I don't think those files get deleted when you uninstall Winamp ; that would explain why reinstalling has no effect.

Last edited by Marshall777; 24th March 2012 at 12:59. Reason: Sorry for the old post, just figured out the original posting date, anyway this solution might be useful for someone
Marshall777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
crash, download, podcast