Old 28th November 2001, 15:28   #1
jshep

Winamp viz affected Video Display??????

After upgrading to the newest version of winamp, I tried the "Nullsoft Tiny Fullscreen 2001" visualization. Upon exiting the visualization from fullscreen, my Windows GUI (98se) had 4 blurred vertical repetitions of the screen. To solve this problem, I can see enough through the blur to select my Display Settings to switch and apply my mode to 16 bit(which fixes the screen), and then switch it back to 32-bit. The problem now is that everytime I restart Windows, the blur appears, and I must switch modes to fix it again. Anyone know how to remedy the situation, has the program affected some settings in Windows? Thanks
jshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2001, 20:30   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

It sounds like a Videocard/Display Adapter driver or DirectX driver problem to me. What is your card & do you have the correct/latest drivers installed? What version of DirectX is installed? (start -> run -> dxdiag)

As for the Tiny vis, goto Winamp Prefs -> Vis plugins -> Tiny vis -> config:
select a different / more compatible display mode.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2001, 04:12   #3
jshep

I'm running with a Gainward Geforce2 pro with 21.83 Detonator drivers, and directx 8.0a. I haven't had any problems at all with video on games or anything else. Could the program have messed with some driver files?
jshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support