Old 26th February 2012, 02:48   #1
JamesMaltby

Skins?

I've tried well over 20+ skins.. None of them seem to work.. Their should be a section in the skins section for "recent version" skins... I've tried the recently added, and recently updated.. etc.. or even most downloaded, none of them seem to load..
JamesMaltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 14:53   #2
JonnyMac

A good portion of the time that is an indication that modern skin support is not installed. Try reinstalling Winamp and make sure Modern Skin support is selected in the Choose Components section (page/window 4) of the installer under the User Interface Extensions branch.

Or, if using Vista or Win7, make sure you are not running Winamp with a compatibility mode setting...
Right-click the Winamp program icon (desktop or shortcut), select "Properties", then go to the Compatibility tab and uncheck everything
Compatibility mode can cause issues with Winamp. Also, when installing Winamp it should be done during an administrator account (not a user account).

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 12:21   #3
JamesMaltby

Wonderful. Thank you. Had to change the compatibility mode and select run as administrator. Was going crazy without working skins.
JamesMaltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support