Old 27th February 2012, 01:10   #1
RogueBurger

Japanese characters on taskbar

I have a album that is tagged with full Japanese characters (in the ID3v2 tag): ファイナルファンタジーI・II 全曲集
However, the Winamp window on the task bar only shows "???? - ????????" instead of the Japanese characters when a song is playing from it. Is that a problem with Windows or Winamp, and how would I go about fixing it? All other Japanese characters in Winamp and on the taskbar display correctly (like if I have a Japanese webpage open, the header shows up fine on the chrome box on the taskbar)
RogueBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 08:27   #2
DrO

a plug-ins list (as per http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins) is needed to determine what 3rd party plug-in(s) are causing the issue - since there's a chance some may have updates though is best to have someone who knows to look through your plug-ins list so you know what is causing it before appying a generic patch to try to fix it.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 14:55   #3
RogueBurger

Here it is

my_plugin_list.txt
Old 27th February 2012, 15:01   #4
DrO

the problem is due to KVIrc interface plugin 1.0 [gen_kvirc.dll]

from a quick look i'm not seeing any recent updates to the plug-in to make it Winamp 5.34+ compatible, so you'll need to install http://nunzioweb.com/daz/unicodetaskbarfix/index.html and see if that fixes it (i'm not in a position presently to try out the KVIrc plug-in myself with my patcher dll but as it's detected in the possible plug-ins with issue report at the bottom of the plug-ins list then it should work ok).

-daz
Old 27th February 2012, 15:19   #5
RogueBurger

I downloaded and installed it, but now on the taskbar instead of "9. ????? - ?????" (for instance) all it says is "9 ".

KVIrc is the irc program I use, but I was unaware it was installing plug-ins in Winamp. Is that plug-in something I can just get rid of?
Old 27th February 2012, 15:29   #6
DrO

i think it's something to get Winamp's playing information into KVIrc. i probably would remove it unless it's absolutely essential for you (either via the uninstall button on the general purpose plug-ins page after selecting it or close Winamp and remove the dll from the Winamp\plugins folder).

not sure why it's just doing '9.' with the patch plug-in so might be KVIrc's plug-in isn't correctly handled by it (i've only been able to code it to work against most common methods of how plug-ins work so might be KVIrc's plug-in is working in a different manner to what i've seen before).

-daz
Old 27th February 2012, 15:33   #7
RogueBurger

Uninstalled and it works perfectly now. Thanks so much, DrO!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support