Old 4th August 2015, 13:48   #1
Robbie_1984

using Shutcast DNAS 2.4.7 with SC Trans

Hi everyone

I am currently trying to stream my spotify playlists into a game called SL so my music can be played instead of a different radio station.

I am using spotiamb, which is then pushing the stream to my locally installed DNAS Server 2.4.7 which is set as a relay to upload it to the outside world.

I have been able to access the DNAS server stream on both local and WAN IP's, and have even managed to get other people to connect and listen to the music via the wan IP. So far so good.

The problem is as soon as I input the same link into the SL browser, I get no music at all. If I input the link of the spotiamb stream into second life, and bypass the DNAS, it does play, but this application only allows one listener at a time, which isn't ideal if I'm trying to have guests over.

I spoke with a DJ in game, and she suggested that I lower the KBPS down from 320KBPS to 160 or 128, and to check the output format, but how do I do this in Shoutcast DNAS Server 2.4.7 ? Spotiamb does not give any options for altering the output settings.

I have downloaded SC_Trans, can that be used to achieve what I am aiming to do? If so, how can I configure this?
Robbie_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2015, 13:58   #2
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Quote:
I have downloaded SC_Trans, can that be used to achieve what I am aiming to do? If so, how can I configure this?
SC trans is discontinued you won't get much help around here trying to set it up.

The general advice is to use Liquidsoap.

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Online: Blog - Twitter - RadioDJ
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2015, 14:01   #3
Robbie_1984

Is liquid soap free to download? I'll look into that.
Old 6th August 2015, 17:28   #4
Robbie_1984

Just been looking at this again (liquidsoap just seems to confuse me too much), and the spotiamb says its outputting at 96kbps, but the dnas server says the stream is 320kbps. Is there anyway to alter this setting inside the relay itself on the DNAS?
Old 6th August 2015, 17:32   #5
DrO

nope. the DNAS just takes what it is given from the stream source (be that direct or as a relay). if you want to change things, you need to do it at the source level or add an intermediate step to transcode the audio (and the issues that causes, especially with audio degradation) and then have that be the DNAS's input (i.e. source -> transcoder -> DNAS instead of just source -> DNAS).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support