Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast For Business & Monetization

Old 19th September 2020, 09:35   #1
MRGfm

Exclamation Radiomanager writes 0 live listeners - No advertisement playe by Shoutcast/TargetSpot

Hello!
I hope everybody is doing well, during these difficult times.

I tried to get assistance writing to the TargetSpot and ShoutCast teams, sending several messages to the "partners" e-mail. I see the name of the persons RECEIVING the emails, but they don't have the courtesy (or professionalism?) to reply. Is this the way to run a business? I will probably share their name and last name later on in this post.

The only one who replied is DJEgg, but it looks like this issue doesn't belong to his domains.

--- QUESTION: is everyone having issues with the impressions / advertisements?
Starting 27th August we don't hear anymore advertisements being played. We checked our Radiomanager page, and our radio stations look like having 0 live listeners at anytime (which is not the case). Just wondering if this has something to do with the issue?

I went to the Shoutcast Server DNAS page of each radio station we run, and in fact even though there is the green dollar symbol saying that the Monetization is active, there aren't double dollar symbols close by the connected listeners showing that a certain number of impressions have been played. So, zero impressions sent to listeners.

I suggest you having a look at your radiomanager.shoutcast.com and your Targetspot dashboard page... because in a few months, you might have an unpleasant surprise: zero income.

== Your feedback will be much appreciated.

==== SHOUTCAST, TARGETSPOT TEAM MEMBERS ====, if you give assistance regarding this issue at least in this thread, it would be appreciated.

Thank you and regards,
MRGfm
MRGfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2020, 17:40   #2
LStratmann

Fortunately I have no problem with the advertising program of SHOUTcast / Targetspot since I have been using SHOUTcast for Business. My real listeners are shown to me.

SHOUTcast or Targetspot also never / mostly never react to my e-mails.
LStratmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2020, 17:52   #3
MRGfm

Thank you LStratmann,

Good to know that the advertisements are working in your case (I hope you checked now, as you might be unaware of the issue).

We have 16 radio stations on the air, it is also important in our case to secure the income to pay the bills.

Is it possible that nobody from Targetspot and SHOUTcast reads this forum and tries to assist us, which are supposed to be partners??????????
Old 19th September 2020, 18:17   #4
NJK
FRYSK BLOED TSJOCH OP- FRISIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGfm View Post

Is it possible that nobody from Targetspot and SHOUTcast reads this forum and tries to assist us, which are supposed to be partners??????????

No , this is a user forum , if you need to contact them use the support email adres you have or should have.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

Nope, it's not a radiostation just a non stop darkwave music stream

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2020, 18:30   #5
MRGfm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJK View Post
No , this is a user forum , if you need to contact them use the support email adres you have or should have.
Hey NJK,

Probably you were too busy, to read the first post of the thread, which is what is being discussed then while replying!

Once again, they have been contacted at the e-mail address they provide for the "partners" to get in touch with them, and several times... and they do not reply (as usual, as you probably don't know).

And you are mistaken for something else too: there are SHOUTCAST team members reading and assisting us in this forum... DJ Egg, for example, and I want to believe that other team members read the forum too, as normally happen in forums of big companies.
Old 19th September 2020, 19:02   #6
LStratmann

This is a forum. Nobody (except maybe DjEgg) reads these messages.

I have just checked. There is advertising going on (even very well) and the listeners are shown to me.

--

There is definitely another SHOUTcast employee (I once wrote an e-mail with him).

Maybe you try to call Targetspot or alternatively use another e-mail? For example France, Netherlands or Belgium.
Old 19th September 2020, 19:29   #7
NJK

Quote:

And you are mistaken for something else too: there are SHOUTCAST team members reading and assisting us in this forum... DJ Egg, for example, and I want to believe that other team members read the forum too, as normally happen in forums of big companies.
that is, when he's around, the only one
there are no others from Shoutcast , trust me i know who is who.

Shoutcast isn't shoutcast as it was 10 years ago.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 19th September 2020, 21:37   #8
Nosti

I did some research and I don't see a listener on any radio. https://www.radionomy.com/en/search/index?query=mrg
Monday I will be contacting the tech guys about this problem.

Question, are you at Shoutcast for Business?
Nosti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2020, 22:02   #9
LStratmann

If MRGfm are his stations then he is not on S4B. You can see this from the StreamURL.
Old 19th September 2020, 22:50   #10
Nosti

Quote:
Originally Posted by LStratmann View Post
If MRGfm are his stations then he is not on S4B. You can see this from the StreamURL.
You're right, I didn't look at that.
Old 20th September 2020, 04:26   #11
MRGfm

Thank you LStratmann and Thank you Nosti

We are using SHOUTcast ver.2.5.5 and not paying a monthly fee, so I think we aren't in the business section.
We run 16 Zero-Revenue Radio Stations, the main website is www.MRG.fm

In the pages radiomanager.shoutcast.com and tspubreports.targetspot.com we see the anomaly, but it is EVEN More Evident from the DNAS Server page of Each Station: no advertisements counted on the side of each listener.
As said, advertisements/impressions used to work smoothly for long time.

Thank you again for trying to help us out!

Regards.
Old 20th September 2020, 08:57   #12
LStratmann

Do the services even work with the older version? I can only say that when I hosted SHOUTcast myself back then and used the latest version, the only thing I had problems with was advertising.
Old 20th September 2020, 08:58   #13
MRGfm

Update!

Dear LStratmann, Nostli and NJK

After so many weeks waiting for assistance, in desperation, I tried the following

- I turned off the "monetization" button of all our radio stations from radiomanager.shoutcast.com
- Stopped playing the 2 minutes Advert: - Advert: audio files
- I stopped for more than 1 minute each of our streams (wanted the timestamp to have a different time)
- Started all the streams again
- Waited until the new day comes. I wanted the watches of both my server and SHOUTcast/Targetspot servers to reach a new date
- The morning after I found out that radiomanager.shoutcast.com was seeing my live listeners listening each of our radio stations
- I re-enabled the "monetization"
- I started playing again the 2 minutes Advert: - Advert: files
- Advertisements/Impressions are being played, and I see the number of the impressions sent to each listener from the DNAS SHOUTcast server admin page

I don't know if this will solve the issue for a long time, but it is the first time that I see again impressions allocated to connected listeners.

Anyway, this is showing that something isn't working as expected inn the Advert system?

I will keep observing, please let me have your thoughts.
Thank you
Regards
Old 20th September 2020, 09:02   #14
MRGfm

Hello,
Yes, it works and never gave a problem. It is just 1 version older than the last one and it has been used to play advertisements by everybody for a long time. Probably you had an unfortunate issue with it.

I just wrote an Update regarding the technical issue.
The post is waiting for moderation (I cannot recall posts were moderated before)

Thank you LStratmann
Regards
Old 20th September 2020, 13:08   #15
Nosti

At the beginning of this year, a version lower than 2.6 did not work for me either.

It looks like it has been changed because this message is 3 months old.

Shoutcast Server Software freemium and premium versions both support TargetSpot monetization program, as well as all SHOUTcast DNAS builds above v2.5.
If you’re running an older version please upgrade asap.

https://help.shoutcast.com/hc/en-us/...ation-program-
Old 20th September 2020, 13:23   #16
MRGfm

Hi!
Thank you Nosti,

Yes, I reached the same page in which they say that the minimum version requested to work with the advertisement system is 2.5 and we use 2.5.5 which is not that old, just 1 release before the last 2.6, for what I know.

==== It seems I solved the problem, and I wrote earlier today (4 hours ago?) a Reply to this thread, trying to share with you and LStratmann (and anybody else interested) what I did to fix it... if it will last!

I replied clicking on the orange button REPLY on the left, (not the quick reply button) and once again I have been informed that my post won't be published until "MODERATED". :-(

Is this happening to everybody, or is the Big Brother keeping additional attention on me?

I hope that post will be "accepted" and published soon, because somebody can find it interesting.

Regards
Old 20th September 2020, 13:57   #17
LStratmann

Where exactly do you try to answer it? I don't understand that at the moment.
Old 20th September 2020, 14:06   #18
MRGfm

Hello,

I replied almost 5 hours ago here, in this thread.

Instead of the "quick reply arrow icon" placed on the right side of your reply's window, I clicked on the Orange "REPLY" button, placed on the left , which is used to reply in general to the entire thread.

After sending this last reply (and the previous one) For a couple of seconds a window popped up on the screen saying that my reply won't be visible to the forum members until "moderated".

I admit that this made me sad and think "WHY"?

So, let's see if my useful reply will be approved...
Old 20th September 2020, 14:28   #19
Nosti

I hope NJK can help with this because I don't know where to find this.
I have yet to learn how everything works here.

Edit: Found it.
Old 20th September 2020, 14:57   #20
NJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosti View Post
I hope NJK can help with this because I don't know where to find this.
I have yet to learn how everything works here.

Edit: Found it.
if you need more info , send me a PM

yes the moderation sometimes kicks in , not only with new members but also with members who have been around for years. It looks like certain words put the post in the part of the forum where a post first needs to be approved.

Since this forums is basicly a bit of a dead forum, there isn't always a mod around to look at those posts.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 20th September 2020, 15:28   #21
MRGfm

We registered in the year 2014, but the person previously taking care of these subjects left.

I think that it will be worth it trying to find out the old log-in... perhaps there is a small chance to be less ",moderated".
I still hope the post won't get lost... I would prefer not to have to write again the steps I did to have the advertisements working again.

Thank you NJK.

Regards,
Old 20th September 2020, 16:00   #22
Nosti

Quote:
We registered in the year 2014, but the person previously taking care of these subjects left.

I think that it will be worth it trying to find out the old log-in... perhaps there is a small chance to be less ",moderated".
I still hope the post won't get lost... I would prefer not to have to write again the steps I did to have the advertisements working again.

Thank you NJK.

Regards,
http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=13
Old 20th September 2020, 16:43   #23
MRGfm

Yes, Bravo Nosti ! :-) Thank you!

That one is the post waiting to be "moderated" since morning.

Who wants to read how I got the advertisements/impressions working again, may just click on the link posted by Nosti.

I will keep monitor if things keep working well. I am not sure about how reliable is what I did to solve the issue, as I don't know what made the impressions/advertisements stop working.

Around 1 year ago I got an email from an ex SHOUTcast/Targetspot team member, asking WHY we had so many persons listening to our streams for many hours.
I think somebody asked him to get clarifications from our side. Of course we couldn't explain why people were listening for a very long time, however we added a setting to disconnect listeners every a certain number hours.

Why I said that? Because recently we had 1 radio channel (out of 16) "flooded" with connections coming from a player called "CURRENT". Is there a chance that someone, without taking the time to investigate, did something to stop the advertisements/impressions on ALL our 16 Radio Stations?

Hopefully we will understand more about this matter.

Thank you.
Best regards
Old 20th September 2020, 16:47   #24
MRGfm

Dear Nosti, Thank you!
That link brings to the post waiting to be moderated. Who wants to know more about the advertisements/impressions issue may click on the link.

I sent this short note after sending here a longer message, but once again IT HAS BEEN STOPPED "waiting for moderation".
So I am giving up writing for things to go in somewhere, waiting to be reviewed and approved. Again, it is sad.

Regards
Old 20th September 2020, 17:40   #25
NJK

Quote:

I still hope the post won't get lost...

Regards,
if you know half the name i could search for you
and your post doesn't get lost , it can only take a while before you see it.
But as soon as you reach a certain postcount you will be able to make a forum signature and post will be less moderated anymore

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 25th September 2020, 11:27   #26
MRGfm

Hello again, friends, admin and moderators!

Why my post that have been put on hold for "moderation" about 1 week ago , haven't been in fact ever published?

Isn't somehow alarming, when a forum starts blocking posts?
Today my posts, tomorrow yours...then?? :-0

Thank you for reading... hoping this will be posted :-)

Regards

PS: I got from the persons in our organization once posting in this forum, the old login info.
I am going to try it, and I might be able to post again with our old nickname "MRGrp", created in the year 2014.
Old 25th September 2020, 15:11   #27
NJK

your old account is still active.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 19th October 2020, 13:33   #28
heathcliff

Quote:
Hello!
I hope everybody is doing well, during these difficult times.

I tried to get assistance writing to the TargetSpot and ShoutCast teams, sending several messages to the "partners" e-mail. I see the name of the persons RECEIVING the emails, but they don't have the courtesy (or professionalism?) to reply. Is this the way to run a business? I will probably share their name and last name later on in this post.

The only one who replied is DJEgg, but it looks like this issue doesn't belong to his domains.

--- QUESTION: is everyone having issues with the impressions / advertisements?
Starting 27th August we don't hear anymore advertisements being played. We checked our Radiomanager page, and our radio stations look like having 0 live listeners at anytime (which is not the case). Just wondering if this has something to do with the issue?

I went to the Shoutcast Server DNAS page of each radio station we run, and in fact even though there is the green dollar symbol saying that the Monetization is active, there aren't double dollar symbols close by the connected listeners showing that a certain number of impressions have been played. So, zero impressions sent to listeners.

I suggest you having a look at your radiomanager.shoutcast.com and your Targetspot dashboard page... because in a few months, you might have an unpleasant surprise: zero income.

== Your feedback will be much appreciated.

==== SHOUTCAST, TARGETSPOT TEAM MEMBERS ====, if you give assistance regarding this issue at least in this thread, it would be appreciated.

Thank you and regards,
MRGfm
I experience exactly the same issue. Since 1/2 month, all numbers are at 0 on Shoutcast radio manager and Targetspot.

The reason people are filing the problem here is because there is no response from Shoutcast / Targetspot.

version: Centova Cast v3.2.12
heathcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2020, 17:50   #29
MRGrp

Hello, This is MRGfm who re-gained access to the old account MRGrp.

Dear Heathcliff,
After suffering the issue you are mentioning above, and the silence of the 4 guys receiving my requests for help (t@rgetspot people) I tried by myself something, and I posted what worked for me. Unfortunately several posts posted with our account MRGfm have been Filtered, "put on hold for review" and Never arrived on the forum board. I find it distur1ng...

Let me try to post again what worked for me. I hope not to see the warning that my post will wait for moderation, that means "it won't be published".

Here is what worked for me:

- I turned off the "monetization" button of all our radio stations from radiomanager.shoutcast.com
- I stopped for more than 1 minute each of our streams (wanted the timestamp to have a different time)
- Waited until the new day comes. I wanted the watches of both my server and SHOUTcast/Targetspot servers to reach a new date
- The morning after I found out that radiomanager.shoutcast.com was seeing my live listeners listening each of our radio stations
- Advertisements/Impressions are being played, and I see the number of the impressions sent to each listener from the DNAS SHOUTcast server admin page

Please try it and let us know.

Regards,
MRG.fm
MRGrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2020, 23:58   #30
heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGrp View Post
Hello, This is MRGfm who re-gained access to the old account MRGrp.

Dear Heathcliff,
After suffering the issue you are mentioning above, and the silence of the 4 guys receiving my requests for help (t@rgetspot people) I tried by myself something, and I posted what worked for me. Unfortunately several posts posted with our account MRGfm have been Filtered, "put on hold for review" and Never arrived on the forum board. I find it distur1ng...

Let me try to post again what worked for me. I hope not to see the warning that my post will wait for moderation, that means "it won't be published".

Here is what worked for me:

Please try it and let us know.

Regards,
MRG.fm
Thanks will try it out !

Not sure what you mean with this "Waited until the new day comes. I wanted the watches of both my server and SHOUTcast/Targetspot servers to reach a new date "

Thanks!
heathcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2020, 08:42   #31
LStratmann

I also have problems with advertising on SHOUTcast 4 Business. There is nothing working for me at all.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast For Business & Monetization

Tags
advertisement, impressions, monetization, targetspot