Old 4th May 2006, 21:26   #41
siebe83
Forum King

Please don't crosspost...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....47#post1924447

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2006, 07:24   #42
richard harbord

I have same problem but only with some cds so i think my problem is that when it cannot use sonic it gets stuck and wont allow the cd drive to be accessed by another alternative decoder (or whatever) end of story, almost. Also I have to close winamp using the Task Manager as it will not fully close. I tried following your help thread but found it too complicated by far... sorry about that. As this appears to be a common problem shouldn't there be a winamp5.25 (fix cd bug). I love winamp but I would like to be able to sort my playlists... a small thing.
richard harbord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 08:55   #43
richard harbord

I noticed that some cds did not rip in winamp and found that this was because the titles that someone had entered into cddb were stupidly long. I edited the length of the titles and it ripped...! fyi
richard harbord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 06:16   #44
SilverMoon Drag

Send a message via AIM to SilverMoon Drag Send a message via Yahoo to SilverMoon Drag
Error when trying to convert music in WinampPro 5.35

Ok this may have been addressed elsewhere but I am unable to find it, I went thru the forums with a fine tooth comb, but coudnt find what I was lookin for. My problem is that I have been trying to convert my iTunes aac files to mp3 files in winamp, but everytime I try it says it cant find decoder?? Not sure what Im doing wrong, Im new to winamp so please keep it simple lol. Im not up on all the technical jargon so plain english explainations pls lol.

Thanks!

Many Blessings

Moonie
SilverMoon Drag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 10:02   #45
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Are they actually .aac files, or are they .m4a files?
What does it say in File Info (Alt+3) for one of these so-called aac files?
ie. the MPEG Info (post a screenshot maybe)

Also confirm that you've not installed any 3rd-party mp3/mp4 input plugins
(you should always include a List of Plugins when posting problems of this nature)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 18:41   #46
SilverMoon Drag

Send a message via AIM to SilverMoon Drag Send a message via Yahoo to SilverMoon Drag
Well lol, told ya I was new to all this, I looked at the file info, its actually a .m4p file. Can winamp convert a protected aac file to mp3 or another format like mp4 or something?????? Ok this was the only thing listed under the mpeg info area in file info: Size: 6039214 bytes. Also Ive never DLed any 3rd party plugins that I know of, unless they came with the actual winamp DL, cause the only thing Ive used winamp for up to this point is to just play music. Not sure how to take a screenshot in windows or Id give ya one, I know you hit printscreen but Ive no idea where windows stores those once taken so I cant find them.

Hope this helps!

Many Blessings

Moonie
Old 25th June 2007, 19:22   #47
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

.m4p is a proprietary drm-protected iTunes Music Store file format, not supported by any other players.

There's a 3rd-party m4p plugin available, but we don't provide any support for it (requires QuickTime Player to be installed, maybe iTunes too)
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....did=155680#M4P
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 20:19   #48
SilverMoon Drag

Thanks for the info, I have QT (quicktime) and itunes installed already so maybe ill give it a try. Thanks for the help.

Many Blessings

Moonie

Last edited by SilverMoon Drag; 25th June 2007 at 22:50.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support