Old 27th March 2003, 17:52   #1
Andreas_sweden

Send a message via ICQ to Andreas_sweden
Question Needs help with advanced scripting

Everyone I have a few questions I need answered:

1. Is it possible to modify gammagroups from within the code? (dynamic themes) / Change colors of texts, fonts and images?
2. Applying many themes to the same regions within an image would cause no themes to be applied...is there is a work around or do I have to copy the same file 3 times?
3. Is it possible to create groups at run-time? (duplicating and so on)
Andreas_sweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2003, 18:08   #2
Digitalhigh

1. Not that I've ever seen or heard of before.

2. What do you mean? Different colors applied to one image? If that's the case, then no. You'd need to seperate that image into the areas you want colored and color them appropriately.

3. I believe that it is possible to create groups through MAKI at run-time. (I know it's doable with other GUIObjects, to say the least.)
Digitalhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2003, 18:25   #3
Andreas_sweden

OK, I'm usually good at math but my brain kinda've gone and shot it self for the moment....if I want to "add" colorthemes using multipleimages and color controls....how do I calculate their alpha value to make them match RGB values? (or percent)...I know 33%, 50%, 100%...but...
Old 27th March 2003, 18:43   #4
Digitalhigh

Alpha controls transparency. If you're asking how the gamma scale works in conjunction with RGB, it's pretty simple. The colors are still defined by R,G,B; or as an example 4096,4096,4096 would give you a totally white image, and -4096,-4096,-4096 would yield a totally black image. 0,0,0 is 50% grey, and so on.

-4096 - 4096 Gamma Scale
0 - 255 RGB Scale.

Of course, there are programs to help you do all this so you don't have a math seizure. Rpeter makes an RGB-HSL-Gamma converter program, and there's also a proggie called Winamp3 Gamma Editor. Both can be found by doing a search on the forums here.

The alpha value (transparency), works on a 0-255 scale. 0 means the layer is totally invisible, and 255 makes it totally visible, while 127 or something is halfway transparent. Hope this helps.
Digitalhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2003, 19:33   #5
Andreas_sweden

Oh, that I already know...
What I meant was how do you apply it to 3 (or 4) layers which are placed on top of each others to reflect real RGB controls...(setting alpha of the layers)...red/green/blue/white layers...depening on their zIndex their alpha values have to be adjusted accordingly...

Is it possible to do this?
Or is it possible to change a bitmap into on specified uniqe color from MAKI...

Regarding WASABI, is it possible to do a C++ main window?

Any idea?
Old 28th March 2003, 19:39   #6
hammerhead
The Shark
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to hammerhead
C++ main window? No, I don't think you can do it totally like that, there must be at least a small element of XML.
Anyway, the only kind of advanced script that would be convenient to use is maki, if you used WACS (which are basically renamed dlls) you could not distribute the skin in WAL format.
hammerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins