Old 18th June 2000, 04:02   #1
Derb

Actually, it locks up every time I try to do an "add dir" to my playlist. About 50% of the time it ends up crashing my computer as well.

Old 19th June 2000, 09:42   #2
gliterboy

I get the same problem of winamp locking up on me when I try to add the whole directory (2.78 GB)..... if I add smaller directories, they will load fine.
Old 19th June 2000, 09:56   #3
Mr. Ice
Captain Moderator

when i need to generate a new playlist, i add a directory to winamp that contains 1,805 mp3 files. the add is completed in about 3 seconds, and winamp is ready to play. no crashes, and that's a huge amount of songs.
Old 21st June 2000, 22:41   #4
Cisco Ducks

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Ice:
when i need to generate a new playlist, i add a directory to winamp that contains 1,805 mp3 files. the add is completed in about 3 seconds, and winamp is ready to play. no crashes, and that's a huge amount of songs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's great. Fabulous. Glad to hear you can do this. Just fantastic.

But it does nothing to answer the problem at hand, and in going through this board (first lurking, then finally conributing), I consistently find that problems like this are answered with the most useless responses. Where do they find their tech support -- behind the counter at Wendy's?

Whether you guys care to admit it or not, WinAmp has some major bugs in it that cause some systems to freeze up. This is a WinAmp specific problem, as when I was going through these problems, it was only WinAmp that was causing total system freezes.

Since you are not experiencing the problem, those of us who are experiencing it are either nuts or AOL drones who wouldn't know a Windows Registry from a wedding registry.

Now I'm fairly knowledgable with Windows, and have earned a few Microsoft certifications, so I'm not some AOL drone who can't figure out where the Control Panel is. And I gotta tell ya, this bamboozled me.

I still don't fully understand the problem as I haven't really taken the time to go through everything item by item (and I don't plan to unless you offer to pay me), but it either has to do with WinAmp upgrades piled on each other, or some other snafu in the dll files or in the registry.

Since the moderator won't acknowledge the problem or offer anything more useful than a "Gee whiz, everything's hunky dory with me," post, here's how I solved it.

Uninstall WinAmp. Make sure you delete the folder it was in along with all the contents as well after uninstalling.

Run Norton System Doctor. Under no conditions should you ever allow Norton to auto-fix any problem, you need to go through the fixes one by one (tedious as hell sometimes, but it beats messing your system up). Delete EVERY entry that makes any reference to WinAmp.

Reboot. Then using either Norton or RegEdit, search through your registry for any further reference to WinAmp. Disable or delete the lines referencing WinAmp (I would suggest strongly that you image your C: drive BEFORE attempting this step, using a program like DriveImage).

Reboot again, play around with your system for awhile, making sure that it's stable now that you've performed the equivalent of internal surgery.

When you are satisfied, reinstall WinAmp 2.64. Pray while rebooting, make sure you light at least three votive candles in front of a framed picture of Bill Gates. Chant incessively. Take a vow of chastity.

If this works:

Let WinAmp know if it worked or not. I believe the program is buggy as hell when upgraded from older versions, but I cannot prove this at this time. Mnay others have complained of nearly identical problems on these very message boards. WinAmp apparently thinks we're idiots, and so far will not address the issue with anything other than a "Gee, it's working fine for me" response.

This was a major system problem for me, as when it happened, the keyboard, mouse, everything would freeze. I would get no blue screen, no warning, nothing. The only way to get back in was to do a hard shut-down and a cold boot, not a healthy thing to do.

Other mp3 players worked fine. In fact, everything else worked just fine, I have not had a non-WinAmp related crash or lock-up in as long as I can remember.

I am running on a self-built Pentium III with an AWE 64 soundcard and a Voodoo 3DFX graphics card, if that helps. Drivers on both are up to date. In the words of Stephen King in The Dark Half, my computer is a "high-toned S.O.B."

To date, I have found WinAmp's responses to these problems to be laughable at best, idiotic at worst. They seem to refuse to believe that it is a problem with their software, that it is idiot users that are the cause.

I just don't see how there could be so many idiots with the identical proble.

C'mon WinAmp, get on the stick here. I solved it for me, but how many others are really going to go through that much trouble? Look for the problem, it really is there, then find a better fix than the one I've proscribed.

Voices like mine will become more numerous, and probably louder and ruder. Do you really want magazine writers complaining about your program after all of the glowing reviews you've received?

Do you even care?

Old 21st June 2000, 22:56   #5
bleem the sarcastic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cisco Ducks:
Where do they find their tech support -- behind the counter at Wendy's?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Counter help at Wendy's gets PAID to be there.
Ain't NO ONE here bein' paid a thin dime to help you or anyone else.
Call your mother and tell her. I'm sure she'll care.

Old 22nd June 2000, 00:16   #6
Brad

Send a message via ICQ to Brad
We have a lot of time on our hands don't we Cisco?

I have some support I can offer you big man:

A) Show a little respect to the people who brought you one of the best (and most stable in my experience) free mp3 players available.

B) "Mnay" is spelled M-A-N-Y, let's see if we can get some spelling certifications in addition to all those impressive Microsoft certifications.

C) Get a life and stop your bitching.

D) And I quote, "Voices like mine will become more numerous, and probably louder and ruder." Hey guess what buddy, this is a tech support question, not the apocalypse.
Old 22nd June 2000, 06:14   #7
Cisco Ducks

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brad:
We have a lot of time on our hands don't we Cisco?

I have some support I can offer you big man:

A) Show a little respect to the people who brought you one of the best (and most stable in my experience) free mp3 players available.

B) "Mnay" is spelled M-A-N-Y, let's see if we can get some spelling certifications in addition to all those impressive Microsoft certifications.

C) Get a life and stop your bitching.

D) And I quote, "Voices like mine will become more numerous, and probably louder and ruder." Hey guess what buddy, this is a tech support question, not the apocalypse.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're picking peas when you confuse a typo with a misspelling of a very simple word.

Here, take a look at theis page:
http://forums.winamp.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000178.html

Guy posts a legit request for info, and gets called a moron by the moderator. What was up with that? I was looking for the same type of info, I found by reading that page that I was on my own as far as WinAmp's accountability to its users.

I'm glad it's been stable in your system. It hasn't always been in mine, and a lot of other people's as well, go through the board.

I'm just trying to help a few folks out by posting the fix that I found.

But judging from your response, the response on the page I cited, it's this: if you have problems, don't ask, nobody will help you.

I tried to help. I stated my credentials as a way to establish that this was not just some crank complaint, but that there is a real problem. When you start freezing up my system, I get annoyed. When you start freezing up my system and telling me there is no problem, I get really annoyed.

Take the thing down from shareware and fix the bugs if you are going to be that way about it. Better to have no product than one that messes with people's systems.

WinAmp's a good program if only for its interface. That really is WinAmp's main and only strength. But it is buggy, and in that department, the Windows Media Player is superior in stability. It's not going to take a whole lot for someone to come up with a competitive product. I just don't understand why there isn't a known issues page in here somewhere, especially after so many people have complained, that would be only fair.

Apocalypse? Nah. But software comes, software goes. Tech companies rise and fall. My prediction about rising user complaints is hardly the work of a seer or prophet, you're already seeing it. I just predicted yesterday.

What is the big deal here? A problem comes up and everyone turns into an ostrich rather than face a challenge?

Old 22nd June 2000, 07:51   #8
Will

I'd like to put forward a voice in support of what Cisco Ducks is saying.
I've had a very similar problem with the software, I posted about it here.
It stalls/stops on attempting to load from a large directory of mp3's. Interestingly, it does not do this if the filetype on the load requester is specifically set to mp3. On loading the next file however, since the filetype seems to reset itself to .* all, the program crashes.
I'm running Windows 98 2nd ed. Scsi controlled, Pentium 200. 2 hardrives off the scsi, winamp on the second.
It is the first install of Winamp on this machine, though it is possible that I put on a precurser a long time ago, and then removed it.
I don't like the norton system utilities, they caused there own crashes and would not uninstall. I had to do a by hand removal from the registry of that, as per Nortons own quality assurance folk. So I don't think I'll use that to try and erradicate Winamp.

And to all of you who run Winamp so wonderfully on your machines. That's just swell, how nice for you.
I'm amazed, by the tone of your responses. Particularly the moderators. So what you're not paid, does that give you license to be jerks? Apparently you think so.
This particular forum is called Bug Reports, that would be for the reporting of ...Bugs?

Old 22nd June 2000, 10:09   #9
Mr. Ice
Captain Moderator

cisco, your obvious attempt to start a flame war has failed. that's so sad. and the personal attack... that made me cry. really. it did. i guess because you have msce certifications you're better than me.

i'd just like to point out one thing. the subheading of this forum is: "Did you find a bug in Winamp? Can you reproduce it?" i demonstrated that the bug was not reproduceable even under a greater stress load. since i cannot reproduce the problem, i cannot solve the problem. if i had access to the source code to look for potential problems that might affect this function, things would be different. but they aren't.
Old 22nd June 2000, 22:59   #10
Brad

Amen Mr. Ice, you're my idol.

------------------
- Brad Cherry
brad.cherry@home.com
bradchery@aol.com
AIM: bradchery

Old 22nd June 2000, 23:09   #11
Brad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cisco Ducks:
[B] You're picking peas when you confuse a typo with a misspelling of a very simple word.

Here, take a look at theis page:
http://forums.winamp.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000178.html

Guy posts a legit request for info, and gets called a moron by the moderator. What was up with that? I was looking for the same type of info, I found by reading that page that I was on my own as far as WinAmp's accountability to its users.[B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The moderator was saying that guy was a moron BECAUSE he posted in the wrong forum. It's not a bug, so why post in the bug report forum?

And furthermore, I'd like to add that "JP - johnpat@gate.net" (who also cannot stop bitching and starting flame wars) must also be a moron, seeing as how he can't even type the write characters to form a "mad" smiley.

So have a good one Cisco, and if you can manage to write another useless, long-ass post that know one wants to read, then please, by all means, do so, as you will therein occupy yourself and, at the same time, save others in the real world from the hellish and tiring experience that interaction with you must surely be.

------------------
- Brad Cherry
brad.cherry@home.com
bradchery@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Brad (edited June 22, 2000).]
Old 22nd June 2000, 23:12   #12
Cisco Ducks

You totally misunderstand.

Not an attempt to start a flame war. An attempt to get some kind of ackowledgement from you that a bug exists.

Your attempts at ducking the issue, however, are to be applauded.

Just because you can't reproduce it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are plenty of people on this board who have posted with nearly identical complaints. One such poster was called a moron for posting a question about a possible bug in the bug reports section. Nice touch.

The only thing I want to hear, and I'll go away after I hear it, is that, yes, there may be a problem with WinAmp causing system freezes.

I gave you specifics about my system. When you tried to reproduce the bug, did you try it on a similar system?

I'm not trying to be a flamer here, but darn it, when a program causes problems with my system, I want answers. Honest ones. And if you don't know how to fix it, that's OK, just say so.

But to hold the line of "Yep, we're dandy here, no problems whatsoever," can be construed (whether you meant it or not) as dishonest and unethical by other users. It certainly is one impression I'm getting (the other sounds less polite, but I get the idea that the moderators are 16 years old, and resent us old farts).

Look, Corel put out some crap software with the Draw! 8 suite. But they immediately put up a known issues section, stated they didn't know what was causing the problem, but that they knew it existed and that they were working on it. Later, they issued the bug fixes. Microsoft does this all the time.

You guys aren't nearly as big, but you could follow the example:

"Some users are reporting to WinAmp that the program is causing system freezes. At this time, we have been unable to verify that WinAmp is actually causing these freezes, and the incidence of this problem appears to be relatively small to date. However, WinAmp takes this issue very seriously, and we are vigorously investigating the cause of these reports. If it turns out to be a problem caused by WinAmp, we will, of course, issue a fix as soon as possible.

"We apologize for any inconvenience that WinAmp may (or may not) be causing. At this time, we ask anyone who is experiencing these problems to contact us, so that we may determine if WinAmp is actually the cause of these reports"

There. I've written it for you. Now would it be too much to ask you guys to show some backbone instead of denials and name calling?

Old 22nd June 2000, 23:17   #13
Brad

Hahahahaha, I can't believe you actually took my advice and wrote another post. I can't help myslef but to thank you for those who are not in a position to do so for themselves; that is thank you for sparing them your useless rants that I'm sure they've grown to hate.

Write some more if you can, I'm gonna go have some more of my life.

------------------
- Brad Cherry
brad.cherry@home.com
bradchery@aol.com

Old 23rd June 2000, 00:25   #14
Cisco Ducks

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brad:
Hahahahaha

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

??????????????

People having system freezes is funny?

All of you ought to be deeply ashamed of yourselves.

This is not the way to run a respectable company.

Old 23rd June 2000, 04:06   #15
Brad

People having system freezes is funny?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No man, if you'd been reading my previous posts you'd realize that I think it is you who is funny for actually wasting more time with another useless post, not someone's system crashing. Though, when you think about it, a computer is only as good as the person who sits before it, and now that you mention it, I do think its rather funny that some moron can manage to take a perfectly stable mp3 player and make it crash their whole system.

Now go away.

Old 23rd June 2000, 05:17   #16
Cisco Ducks

Now go away.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thus, you prove my earlier point. I stated initially that I had no other system problems, only when running WinAmp. I stated that after I had thoroughly uninstalled WinAmp at the RegEdit level, and then reinstalled it, it worked fine, and my system was once again stable. No other Registry keys were edited, only those that previous versions of WinAmp had created.

I asked why WinAmp (and since you are a 'junior,' I'll assume you have some affiliation) insulted their users, referencing an earlier post.

You guys aren't bright enough to figure this out, so far, I'm the only one who has posed a solution. What have you done, Junior, besides call names?

With your social graces and problem solving skills, just don't take one of my classes. You'll never make it out of 7th grade, I'll flunk you in a heartbeat.

I'm outta here.

Page forwarded to PCWorld.

Old 23rd June 2000, 09:09   #17
Mr. Ice
Captain Moderator

i'm just going to run down cisco's posts since my last one in order and respond to them all. i'll do my best to not respond to the really stupid parts and personal attacks.

&gt;I'm just trying to help a few folks out by posting the fix that I found.
&gt;You guys aren't bright enough to figure this out, so far, I'm the only one who has posed a solution.
you're kidding, right? image the harddrive, edit the registry, light some candles, and chant? you didn't mention that editing the registry could possibly kill the computer. (without an operating system, a drive image is useless. unless they take it to a shop and have it recovered. a registry backup would be a much easier way to guard against a corrupted registry.)

&gt;WinAmp's a good program if only for its interface.
i know many thousands of people who disagree with that...

&gt;What is the big deal here? A problem comes up and everyone turns into an ostrich rather than face a challenge?
the big deal is you, not the problem. i came back today with possible fixes only to find you continuing your inane drivel. so now, rather than just posting my ideas, i have to respond to two pages of your bitching.

&gt;the poster being called a moron by themike.
i really have no idea why themike called him a moron. the only thing i can think of is that the post was originally in another forum and themike posted that and then moved it to the correct forum.

&gt;You totally misunderstand.
no, i understand perfectly.

&gt;Not an attempt to start a flame war. An attempt to get some kind of ackowledgement from you that a bug exists.
yes, bugs exist. they have existed in the past, and they will exist in the future.

&gt;Just because you can't reproduce it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
that is true. but... (bet ya didn't see that coming...) no one else i talked to could reproduce the bug. they all have extensive playlists, and tried adding their songs to the playlist all at once. no one could get winamp to slow down, lock up, or take down windows.

&gt;I gave you specifics about my system. When you tried to reproduce the bug, did you try it on a similar system?
the only spec i couldn't match was the awe64 soundcard because it's below the level of anything i have. also, "Pentium III with an AWE 64 soundcard and a Voodoo 3DFX" isn't a very good list of specifics. (will gave a much better description of his computer for the problem at hand.)

you're officially the first person to have ever called me dishonest and unethical. congrats.

&gt;People having system freezes is funny?
brad was laughing at you, not the original two people who reported system freezes.

&gt;With your social graces and problem solving skills, just don't take one of my classes.
i don't think i have to worry about that. my "social grace" has earned me distinctions, and my problem solving skills are nothing short of incredible.

&gt;You'll never make it out of 7th grade, I'll flunk you in a heartbeat.
which is it? are you a 7th grade teacher or someone with an msce or two? if the answer is both, i'm really glad i decided not to spend that money on taking the msce tests. i have no intrest in teaching the 7th grade.

&gt;Page forwarded to PCWorld.
wow. we're famous now... you forwarded us to pcworld. a magazine by and for idiots.

-----------------------------------------
okay. now that that's out of the way, i'll post what i came back to post:

derb: have you tried adding smaller directories? does winamp still crash on the smaller ones?

gliterboy: have you loaded each directory individually (or in small groups)? do they all add without crashing? if a particular directory causes the crash, you might have a corrupted mp3 in that directory. (i found a post stating that as the solution to a similar problem.)

will: your problem might be caused by playlist files that reference other playlist files. (i came to that conclusion when you said that *.mp3 would work, but *.* wouldn't.) having a playlist reference another playlist could put winamp into an infinite loop. if it isn't a big problem, try moving any playlist files (*.pls *.m3u) out of the directory you're adding. if that fixes the problem, check out the playlists and find the one that causes the loop. also, this thread is not a typical representation of how the people of this forum act. cisco pulled the worst from us. if you look at the other 500+ threads i've posted in, you'll find only one other thread that degenerated to petty bickering like this one has. my apologies to you, derb, and gliterboy for having to sit through cisco's tirade to get answers.
Old 23rd June 2000, 16:57   #18
Brian Mack

Send a message via ICQ to Brian Mack
Everyone is getting so personal in this thread. Can everyone take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard for a second? Okay. That's better.

I can see both sides of this arguement. I understand what it is like to have a problem that no one acknowledges. I also work on the tech support end of things, so I know what is it like trying to solve an unseen problem. Let's all try to be professional here and everyone will (hopefully) get their problem solved.

In defence of Mr. Ice: perhaps the moderator responds to problems through e-mail and not in the public forum. I have no idea. Troubleshooting problems on other people's computers is quite challenging and I think that Nullsoft has done a commendable job on making things stable, trim, and efficient.

In defence of Cisco: No public descriptions of problems and resolutions is very frustrating. I think that a known issues page is an excellent idea and one that Nullsoft should look into (or does AOL not want negative PR for one of their subsidiaries?)

To all of the Nullsoft crew: Keep up the good work on the player. I have been using it since version 1.34 or so and still no major problems.
Old 23rd June 2000, 17:01   #19
Cisco Ducks

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian Mack:
Everyone is getting so personal in this thread. Can everyone take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard for a second? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed in full. And thanks for the diplomatic solution. I will adhere.

Old 23rd June 2000, 18:03   #20
Will

Mr. Ice,

Thank you for your theory of what might be possibly causing the hangs on my use of Winamp.
A point of correction, though, I don't think it's related to playlists. As I've never used them. For me, the problem of the program hanging (not responding, or program stopped is what Windows reports it as) occurs whenever I try and load from a directory that has more than about 10 mp3 files in it. I've tried various configurations, new directories, directories on different drives. It works fine if Winamp is called by Windows Explorer. Certainly I think it maybe caused by some external factor on my machine that also is affecting Windows Media Player, cause it is now exhibiting a similar problem. I had never noticed it before, because again, it always was called from Windows Explorer. Now that Winamp has that file association, I see it when trying to use Windows Media Player in a more manual way. However, other programs do not exhibit this.
I'm going to think about this, and will post back if I come up with anything else.

To All: note about Regedit. It is very dangerous, but unfortunately some problems are only solve-able via registry hacking. There is a registry backup program called cfgback.exe that comes in the Win95 cd (in Other\Misc\Cfgback directory). It is very recommended that you do a backup on your registry before hacking it, as any changes one makes with Regedit occur immediately as you make them.

thanks,

Will

Old 23rd June 2000, 18:47   #21
old and quite mad
Major Dude

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Ice:

&gt;Page forwarded to PCWorld.
wow. we're famous now... you forwarded us to pcworld. a magazine by and for idiots.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
ROFLMAO
Damn that is funeeeee.
That is the WORST computer ragazine I have ever seen.

Old 29th June 2000, 20:48   #22
someone

The browse/add directory crash used to happen a lot to me. Occasionally it would happen with Windows Media Player on the same exact directory. It's not the size of the directory. The reason for the crashes (at least for me) was NWS files, which are exported news messages from Outlook Express. I can't figure out exactly why, but it seems that the "All supported types" somehow tries to read the NWS files and crashes Winamp. The solution is to use your Find command and type "*.nws" in the Named box. Change the extension on all the files to "eml" using the rename command or whatever works for you. That should fix the problem. There is no difference between eml and nws files, except the different icon. The eml version will be viewed the exact same way in Outlook Express if you open it.

I hope this is helpful.

Old 30th June 2000, 02:37   #23
aaron

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Actually, it locks up every time I try to do an "add dir" to my playlist. About 50% of the time it ends up crashing my computer as well<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>maybe your problem is that you have "read titles on load" activated. hit control-p, goto options, deactivate "read titles on load" and activate "read titles on demand" instead. if you activate "read titles on load" it may take quite a time to read large directories of mp3s. if you also have given winamp a high priority class, your system may apparently lock. (if a task has the realtime priority class, it is given a higher priority than anything else, system included). on my computer (for cisco ducks: pentium III 500 overclocked to 560, 128 mb ram, 2 harddisks (primary master udma66 17gb, secondary master udma33 8gb, mp3s on 2nd)) i have no such problems, although it takes about a minute to load all mp3 titles if i activated "read titles on load", and windows says winamp is locked. if i deactivate "read titles on load", it takes a few seconds. (1450 mp3s)

------------------
aaron
aisotton@inwind.it (no winamp support)
visit my homepage!
Old 1st July 2000, 04:25   #24
GREEK_MP3

You guyz crazy ?? Why you all writing essays in here ???

Yous trying to re-invent the bloody damn wheel again ?

YOu guyz must have lotsa free time...

OUtta heRe !

------------------
Tin mia mas pezoun Rock, tin alli Tsifteteli...

Old 1st August 2000, 03:50   #25
JasterMereel

I can't believe anybody took anything CiscoDucks said personally. It was a legitmate post. Oh well...

For the record:
I have the problem too. My directory only has 270+ MP3's and one playlist. I have tried everything except deleting registry entries. I will though.

The exact problem:
Everything works except Add a File. When this function executes, only WinAmp locks up. My system is fine. I have an AMD K6-2 on a Soyo board that I built myself. Runs like a champ! (2 yrs.) I am using Win98 first edition. SE was buggy (video) so I switched back. I have tried a lot of the popular fixes posted on this page to no avail.

Interesting note:
I only had the problem with v2.62 and v2.64

For the record, PT.2:
Want to be a successful company in this world? Live and die by your consumers. Nullsoft is not helping it's future endeavours by standing proud next to a popular product that is, let's face it, not even close to perfect. Why would anybody take the time to post a message if they didn't want to continue using this product. Nullsoft has to address these bugs. If they ignore the problem they run the risk of losing a lot of valuable business to competitors and credibility. It's the hottest player out. BIG DEAL! Make sure it works!

Old 24th December 2003, 06:37   #26
majorlamer

system freeze

well first let me say i love winamp. been using it for years over all other mpe players out.
second, cisco, bro, dont waste your time on these so-called forum techs...(especially brad) because he seems to have his head so far up ices ass that he dont realize that "HELP FORUM" or "BUG REPORT FORUM" means people help each other here with problems or issues they encounter with software related issues.
next, you moderators who arent getting "PAID" should remember that this "FORUM thing is for users to try and help each other, not to "FLAME" ones post because you dont like his/her attitude or their ability to be of more assistance than you obviously have been.
and lastly, i have the same problem...pc locks up. i have 3 pcs here all of which i built. up until i downloaded winamp 5.0 beta i have NEVER had one single problem with winamp. period. this "FREEZE happens on all 3 of my pcs. now, heres what I found when trying to analize why its doing this..... there is a resource leak in the winamp software which causes winamp to max out the system resources, which in turn freezes up the pc. now, just for the record, no amount of reg edits or other types of cleaning methods....(no offence to you cisco)....will solve this issue. only nullsoft... the creators of winamp can fix this issue....
please stop the so-called "FLAMING" and get back to what these forums were intended for....helping each other.
thank you
Old 24th December 2003, 07:02   #27
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Thank you for reviving a 3 year old thread.

The Bug Reports forum is for posting reproducable bugs,
as explained in the sticky threads at the top of the forum.

If you require help, then we will be more than glad to help you in the Tech Support forum.

*whacked*
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports