Old 22nd April 2006, 01:49   #41
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

There's always been problems with the Shoutcast dir/servers (example)
The problem outlined in this thread is a serverside issue.
It's got nothing to do with the Winamp client.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2006, 01:09   #42
eagle62001

Send a message via AIM to eagle62001 Send a message via Yahoo to eagle62001
Internet TV/Radio

I get the message "UPGRADE NEEDED. Please ask your software authors to upgrade their SHOUTcast directory support!" yesterday and I still get it as of right now. Does that have to to with the servers? If so, are they still down?
eagle62001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2006, 02:02   #43
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yes, the old server fried. Hence the need to upgrade your software for support for the new server/listings. As has always been the case, only the latest version of Winamp is supported.
Old 23rd April 2006, 02:23   #44
andychase

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Yes, the old server fried. Hence the need to upgrade your software for support for the new server/listings. As has always been the case, only the latest version of Winamp is supported.
I have Winamp 5.2. How do I upgrade my software for the new server/listings?
andychase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2006, 07:30   #45
siebe83
Forum King

Only the latest version is supported: 5.21.
So, just run the installer, and be sure 'Online Media' is selected in the installer options (under Winamp Library).

But what exactly is your problem? Do you get the upgrade message, or the no stations available error, or something else?

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 17:23   #46
Artemis-kun

Send a message via ICQ to Artemis-kun Send a message via AIM to Artemis-kun
Similar issue to what andychase is asking about, for the particular skin I like to use (as it fits into my entire windows theme) I have no choice but to use winamp 5.01. For some odd reason the skin fails to load on any newer versions, and I haven't the slightest about skin building so I couldn't even fix it. Anyways, obviously I'm running into the 'only able to view 30 stations' issue and I'm wondering if it's possible to get just the new station plugin, or would I need the whole new ML? And, if so, do you know if it is compatible with 5.01? Or, if you have any better suggestions for my issue (ie, possibly helping me to fix the skin ?^^; )

Thanks in advance!

Artemis-kun
Artemis-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 18:17   #47
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

And what skin might that be? Name/Link?
Old 6th May 2006, 05:37   #48
Artemis-kun

Send a message via ICQ to Artemis-kun Send a message via AIM to Artemis-kun
Pastelcolour Ergonomic v1.02 by Justin Tay. The last time I'd looked through the winamp skins it wasn't actually listed on the site any longer.. but it's easy enough to find on google. At least, it was the last time I lost it due to format and forgetting to back it up >< If not, I can always host it on my webserver...
Artemis-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2006, 19:48   #49
threemoons

Um, looks like the server is being flakey again. A few--a VERY FEW--of my bookmarks work, but when I click Shoutcast Radio, this time around, it claims it can't connect and that I should check my Internet connection (which is obviously working). Ideas?
threemoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2006, 21:55   #50
siebe83
Forum King

Mmh, yeah...
For me it says 'Genre load failed' now, instead of displaying the genre selection bar. So there could be problems with the servers, yes.
The station list itself is displayed ok for me though... (at the time of this post)

Old 16th May 2006, 01:59   #51
HtomSirveaux

Send a message via AIM to HtomSirveaux
Shoutcast TV issues

For some reason my "Online Services" button is dim, and when i click it, my media library stays gray. I thought it was because I didnt check the plugin when i installed. but thats not the issue because I reinstalled several times. I thought it was because winamp was not in my trusted sites, but i added them. Im running IE6 so using IE7 isnt an issue not to mention that i've turned off windows firewall and i know my firewall enabled router isnt blocking it...

Is anyone else having issues like this?

And is there anyway i can access the ESSTV streams through a link or something? I really only want the Home Movies stream but I'll take what I can get as long as its a cartoon.

I hope this is resolved shortly as I don't have cable and I pay to watch ESS.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work. Stay awesome.
HtomSirveaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2006, 07:17   #52
siebe83
Forum King

Are the settings under Prefs > General Preferences correct?

You could also try this workaround to configure the Online Services plugin:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....70#post1931170
Maybe it'll work once it's configured.

If no luck, please provide more info (read this!).

As for the stream URL, perhaps you can acquire it via their site. Maybe there's info on their forums, I don't feel like signing up just to check.
http://ess*****

I would get you the URL, but all their stations are named 'ess.tv', which isn't really useful...

Old 17th May 2006, 01:16   #53
Napolean Solo

May 16th and still Genre Load Failed. Time might be better spent rebuilding the old way of shoutcast listings, but on the newer servers. This should go a long way toward rebuilding the public's trust in using Winamp again. I have been spending a lot of time in iTunes and Windows Media land trying to decide. Even RP is starting to look good. WMP can use my audio plugins, too.

OR, why not provide a weekly RSS update of ALL sc radio station listing changes - this would cut way down on the previously reported sserver load issues of the old 'fried' servers mentioned by Egg.
Napolean Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 02:54   #54
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hmm, I've not seen the Genre Load Failed error for a couple of days now.

[edit] okay, it does still appear intermittently, every now and then, heh [/edit]

The only known issue is SC-TV Search is still broken, and that's being looked into.

"I have been spending a lot of time in iTunes and Windows Media land trying to decide"

You have my deepest sympathy ;-)
Old 23rd May 2006, 12:27   #55
sarika

erm ... since i updated - more forced than of free will coz a plugin killed almost my whole pc - i´m not able to get anything in the online media window. the boxes are there, anything, but i´m also not able to check them in any way.
the last line says edit settings, but clicking on the link only takes me up to the first line of the window.
kinda annoying, although i used to take v.2.91, but this one also don´t any longer.

[edit]

tried the thing with the ml_online.ini ... din´t change anything.
i suppose, the main cause might not be, that i literally killed ie and cut it down to minimum. coz it did work before the update, so ... hmmm²
sarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2006, 16:22   #56
anasazi1992

Send a message via Yahoo to anasazi1992
Genre Load Failed Issue

This genre load failed issue seems to be a problem that will not ever go away. It has grown steadily worse since 5.21 and I have experienced this issue each and every day even after upgrading. to 5.22 and doing the whole uninstall/reinstall thing. Bookmarking links doesn't always work either.

I have to ask, is anyone going to do something to fix this issue at some point or are we going to be continually cajoled with, "Oh It's A Server Side Issue and will be back up soon"; garbage?
anasazi1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2006, 17:46   #57
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

It's not garbage! It is a serverside issue, and nothing to do with the Winamp client.
ie. it's a problem with the servers.
What part of that do you not understand?
Old 8th July 2006, 15:22   #58
Rothgar

Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar
Hi DJ Egg,

Took me a while to find this "official"ish thread of SHOUTcast directory bugs. There is still an issue with Hip-Hop listings.

I am almost 100% sure it must be in the server-side scripting of perhaps a typo or similar because I have tried numerous times with strings like "Hip Hop", "HipHop", "Hip-Hop" and even "Hip%20Hop" if it wasn't parsing properly. Nothing seems to resolve it.

I can only assume that the script has a typo for the genre or otherwise because if I search for my station name it comes up and if you search for the string "Hip Hop" it shows.

Link to Hip-Hop listings via menu:
http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?sgenre=Hip%20Hop

Hope they can fix it soon as it has been like this ever since these issues started cropping up which was a few months back.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jason

Dawgclan Network
Genre: Rap/Hip-Hop
http://www.dawgclan.net
Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2006, 17:11   #59
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

What happens if you click "H" in the A-Z Genre Selection bar along the top, and then click one of "Hip" or "Hiphop"? Is your station listed under one of those?

I currently get 201 results for "Hip", and 45 for "Hiphop" (without the quotes).

If I type "Hiphop" in the Search field and hit Enter, I get 67 results, and for "Hip Hop" I get 147 results, etc etc etc.

ie. it all seems to be working fine for me, heh.
Old 9th July 2006, 01:43   #60
Rothgar

Hi DJ Egg,

If you go to the page I posted I get 0 results.

If you visit http://www.shoutcast.com and then select "Hip-Hop" from the genre list and let it load it will return the same page with 0 results.

on the SHOUTcast website I don't see an A-Z at the top like you are talking about. Is this the Radio page on the Winamp website you are refering to?

http://www.shoutcast.com/newwaradio....enre=Hip%20Hop

That is the link I get from the "Winamp" radio page and it still says 0 results.

Even on the Winamp website though I don't see the A-Z you seem to be talking about so I can't vouch for them working or not at this point. Can you please point me to where you are seeing these?

As for typing strings in the search field this seems to be working fine as I mentioned in the previous post, it's the genre selection lists that seem to be wrong.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jason

Dawgclan Network
Old 9th July 2006, 02:34   #61
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

No. I'm referring to the Shoutcast Radio browser in the Online Services section of the Media Library in the Winamp client itself, which is what this thread is all about.

I've no idea about what's going on with the shoutcast.com website.
Maybe try the Shoutcast Support forum instead?
Though more than likely it'll just be some temporary serverside issue.
Old 9th July 2006, 02:39   #62
Rothgar

Hi DJ Egg,

That seems to be working just fine, however there was no "Hip-Hop" in the quick selection Genre list, Rap was there and worked fine.

Regards,
Jason

Dawgclan Network
Old 9th July 2006, 02:52   #63
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

No. I said the A-Z Genre Selection bar which runs along the top, not the Quick Selection drop-down menu. Both "Hip" and "Hiphop" (but not Hip-Hop) are listed under "H".

But yeah, if Rap via the Quick Genre selection works ok for you, then so be it.
Old 9th July 2006, 11:22   #64
Elazýðlý168

thanks
Elazýðlý168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support