Old 1st December 2010, 10:41   #81
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicromoft View Post
Can a moderator please escalate this bug to the appropriate people? This bug is almost 4 years old now. Does nobody at Nullsoft/AOL care that a function as basic as a PLAY/PAUSE button doesn't work properly?
and the bug is what (it's been a while since i dealt with this thread i cannot remember what the 'issue' is now). as i've got the WM_APPCOMMANDS option enabled and the play/pause key works as i'd expect it to work or am i completely missing something??

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 07:55   #82
Nitetek

With the option enabled, it works when winamp is focused, otherwise it doesn't work properly or not at all.

Here's my case...

Hardware: Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 v2.0 completely updated

Focused w/WM_APPCOMMANDS enabled: works beautifully. Can play/pause, stop and forward and back.
Unfocused w/WM_APPCOMMANDS enabled: Play/Pause simply restarts the song, forward and back work, but stop is completely ignored.

I didn't actually encounter this until I upgraded to the latest winamp, and now it's aggravating me when I play a fullscreen game. I have to tab out of the game, and then pause winamp.
Nitetek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 20:27   #83
scottieslg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitetek View Post
With the option enabled, it works when winamp is focused, otherwise it doesn't work properly or not at all.

Here's my case...

Hardware: Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 v2.0 completely updated

Focused w/WM_APPCOMMANDS enabled: works beautifully. Can play/pause, stop and forward and back.
Unfocused w/WM_APPCOMMANDS enabled: Play/Pause simply restarts the song, forward and back work, but stop is completely ignored.

I didn't actually encounter this until I upgraded to the latest winamp, and now it's aggravating me when I play a fullscreen game. I have to tab out of the game, and then pause winamp.
I'm with you! Every couple of years or so, I decide to give Winamp another try to see if they've risen to the level of WMP as far as keyboard media keys go. It's better, but some skins just don't work unless they are the focused window. Seems like this would be a pretty high priority item to fix.
scottieslg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 17:34   #84
sicromoft

@DrO, basically what NiteTek said. Specifically, problems with the media keys occur when Winamp is not focused and when Microsoft's Intellitype software has been installed (i.e., itype.exe is running). A very large percentage of Windows users have Intellitype installed.

Thanks for your help!
sicromoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 17:14   #85
Ceredosh

I have made improvements to the files i uploaded in this topic, improvements which most likely will make the media keys work for everyone.

Since i can't edit my previous post and for some reason i cannot upload the zip here, here it is from another site:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4u9xiu7xf9ut5us

Please read the instructions inside.
I also included another version with an eject function for the stop key.
Ceredosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support