Old 16th June 2013, 18:01   #1
avif
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1
Having the visualization replaced by a jpeg/gif file

Hi,

I'm quite new to this wonderful player.

I would like to check the experts support/opinion here, on quite a simple matter (at least look like).

I have a very old classical music CDs collection. Part of these are unofficial (private recordings, never been published as a music record). I have converted all the music items to mp3 format, managing this music database so each CD was put as a set of mp3 files under a different windows folder, with proper naming. For each folder, in parallel to the mp3 files, I would like to locate a single jpeg or gif picture, scanned from the CD playlist. Is it possible to tell winamp to put each time that single file as a visualization while playing any mp3 from that specific folder? And when I move to play a different mp3 from a different folder the winanp will put the other jpeg file from that folder?

I hope my question is clear. Thank you in advance for any response!

Avi.
avif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2013, 18:22   #2
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,658
Hi avif,

If each folder has an image file with a name that Winamp recognizes, then it will be displayed. Look at post #8 in the thread linked below for the naming rules. Also read post #9.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=363372

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 11:18   #3
Batter Pudding
Major Dude
 
Batter Pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,665
@avif: I understand your request. You don't want the funky visuals appearing on screen. You want the screen filled with an image of the album cover instead.

I know I have used a ClassicPro skin to do this before. I'll have to try and dig out the name for you.

Unless someone else knows the name of a native Winamp Visualisation that will show the covers full screen (i.e. without having to look at the rest of the library controls)
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 06:45   #4
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,658
Hi avif,

I'm sorry, Batter Pudding's post made me realize I missed the main point of your post. I know of only 1 plug-in that will allow the visualization screen to display album art instead of a visualization. Unfortunately, it does not work very well. With all the different ways Winamp can display album art, using the visualization screen to do so does not seem to be in big demand.

All ClassicPro (cPro) Winamp skins have an additional screen called "Now Playing", along with the screens (Media Library, Playlist, Browser, etc.), and various way to display album art, that the normal Winamp modern skins (like Bento/Big Bento) provide. The "Now Playing" screen is just for displaying album art. Effects, such as displaying the image within a CD case, and text, such as album name and year, may also be shown.

When the overall cPro skin is maximized, the "Now Playing" screen will cover over 90% of your display screen. Version 1.2 cPro skins use the remaining ~10% to display a narrow band of playback controls across the bottom and a band of song related info (like song title, artist, time played or remaining, etc.) across the top. Version 2.0 cPro skins display the playback controls across the top, along with the song related info.

If you do want to display album images this large, I suggest you use images with at least a 600x600 resolution to avoid the expanded image looking blocky (pixelated).

cPro skins can also display a screen, with album art, that looks like the top middle screen in Bento/Big Bento. This screen has limited resizing options.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump