Old 22nd June 2014, 21:26   #1
pepanee

Random 'classic' skin on play

Hey, DrO fo ShO, do you think you can add this option in the picture in there aswell?

Sometimes it gets a little annoying when Winamp switches between these skins, since the layout for the buttons and stuff moves around in those three skins.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	340.5 KB
ID:	51237  
pepanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 03:17   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi pepanee,

You can setup the Skin Manager to only display and handle classic skins. Be sure you have the latest version (of the plug-in and Winamp).

http://winampplugins.co.uk/sm.html

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 04:31   #3
pepanee

aha... Okay, I downloaded that updated version of the Skin Manager "gen_skinmanager.dll" and noticed the difference in the update at that menu in the Preferences. I noticed there's that same option to "Random skin on play", yet selecting show only the classic skins and closing that window still allows Winamp to load the modern skins on a random play.

Is there a specific setting that can exclude those 3 skin options?

(btw, thanks again for all the help amnifoo, you've been helping me a buncha times)
Old 23rd June 2014, 05:03   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepanee View Post
yet selecting show only the classic skins and closing that window still allows Winamp to load the modern skins on a random play.
Oh well, I was hoping that would do it. Since you don't want to use those skins you could delete them or shutdown Winamp and move the associated sub-folders under the Winamp/Skins folder to another location for safekeeping (and move 1 or more of them back if you change your mind).

I enjoy helping others when I can. I mostly suggest what works for me. Sometimes I make a guess and I need to stop doing that.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 08:15   #5
DrO

that random skin option looks at any of the installed skins and what my plug-in does doesn't do anything in conjunction with it so is why it still picks anything. either way I'll make a note about this, though I expect I'll probably make the native skins page more like the plug-in and kill off the plug-in at some point.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:19   #6
pepanee

Okay thanks for the replies both of you.
Amni: Your assumption was as good as mine about doing that to see if it plays excluded those skins, lol. So no worries about the assumptions, they're logical, so you're good, keep them coming, lol. And yes... that's actually a good method (safekeeping those three skins somewhere else other than the skins folder would definitely solve the issue) yet at times i like to switch over to the Big Bento skin and change the colors of it instead. Yea haha, I'm a little picky and would prefer convenience of not doing the whole moving deal, but it's all good. I can try it out, safekeep those three skins, when I get bored of 'random skin' then i'll put the 3 back in the skins folder and switch to Big Bento.

DrO fo ShO: That's totally great that you'll keep this idea in mind, yet I can try out what Amni recommended for the time being. It doesn't seem too bad, since I would want to switch between "Big Bento" and "Random Classic Skins" very rarely and not on a regular basis.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist