Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Closed Thread
Old 14th November 2014, 21:56   #41
MRGrp

Thank you for your prompt reply Dro; it is much appreciated.

If you wish, I can update you, once we roll-back and see the result.

Best regards
Old 14th November 2014, 22:07   #42
DrO

if there's issues rolling back, the only thing i will be able to suggest is going back to the current version and dealing with the stability issue (until it's fixed). as we cannot patch prior builds as we don't have any code from prior to 2.2.1 and with everything else that has changed since then, our only option is to fix things against the current code base and move the builds forward (as it looks like we'll be doing a 2.4.3 once we've got a solution for the stability issue).
Old 16th November 2014, 13:02   #43
MRGrp

Hello,

A quick update: with the assistance of the Centova Team, we have successfully rolled back to the DNAS version SHOUTcast Server v2.2.1.109/posix - linux x86 (not x64 because of known conflicts with Centova Cast). We do not witness servers going offline or restarting anymore.

Before going back to the 2.2.1 build 109 we tried to switch from the 64 bit to the x86 version of the DNAS 2.4.2 (build 167) but unfortunately without seeing improvements.

Thank you.

Best regards
Old 16th November 2014, 17:41   #44
Bryon Stout

MRGrp:

What issues does centovacast have with v2.2.1.109/posix - linux x64?

Because that is what I use currently and I dont have any issues.
Old 16th November 2014, 19:09   #45
DrO

for some setups, it didn't like the log rotation with those builds and for some, the 32-bit version didn't crash whilst the 64-bit one did.
Old 17th November 2014, 11:19   #46
milosz

I just now downloaded the latest 32 bit Linux sc_serv 2.4.2.167, and when I ran it I got this error after about 20 seconds:

2014-11-17 06:09:22 INFO [DST 216.116.1.17 sid=2] SHOUTcast 1 client connection accepted. User-Agent: `RMA/1.0.(compatible;.RealMedia)', UID: 57
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
what(): [YP] Badly formed HTTP response []

So I went back to a prior version.
Old 17th November 2014, 11:40   #47
DrO

^^^^ that is helpful information!
Old 17th November 2014, 12:05   #48
milosz

Are you being ironic- or is it actually helpful?
Old 17th November 2014, 12:52   #49
DrO

it is very helpful

[edit]
on inspection, that relates to the issue which was seen with the Windows builds but had not been seen with any of the linux builds so far. i think we'll be doing more checking of the code base for similar sorts of issues which led to that crash.
Old 19th November 2014, 15:17   #50
seanbruno

Thank you for your continuing support of shoutcast on FreeBSD. I'm updating the FreeBSD Port for the shoutcast server today.

I note that the freebsd release is a generic filename that doesn't specify the version in it. Is it possible that the filenename for FreeBSD be changed or added (symlink is cool) that matches what the release name?

We version tag the releases, but still download the tar.gz during the package build process. We just want to ensure that the release we grab, build and version tag matches the version you folks support. With a generic name like this, its possible I could miss an update message and users could get a version that they didn't expect.

ref. https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1186
Old 19th November 2014, 15:24   #51
DrO

it was intentionally made to be generic to make life easier for us so i'm sorry but the old style links will not be formally provided going forward (i understand the need for the differences but this is what has been decided upon).

you could always use the -v command line option to check the version of the DNAS in what's pulled to see if it matches what you're expecting. though when the update flag is indicated to the DNAS, that only happens once the files have been updated to the version that is then indicated.
Old 19th November 2014, 18:39   #52
seanbruno

I've pushed this into FreeBSD at this time as is.

So, this means that the build will break when you folks update the tar.gz as the SHA and SIZE will probably not match. I'll keep an eye out for it and monitor the forums periodically.

Thank you to Nullsoft for continuing to support FreeBSD.
Old 20th November 2014, 00:31   #53
DrO

yes obviously those values will change when the DNAS is updated as would be expected with any change. though it's not like we're not providing notice when there's a new build and i expect it to happen more cleanly as we improve the general infrastructure for such things.

and Nullsoft doesn't really exist and hasn't done so other than as a legal entity for years within AOL (and even less so since the sale). but i'll add that the up take of the BSD build despite the people asking for it (and having posted on these forums) is disappointing to say the least and tbh leaves the BSD build at a state of risk - as was stated before it was brought back).
Old 9th December 2014, 06:31   #54
MikeRiverra

Hi,

I'm having issues with both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of DNAS 2.4.2 (167) - server crashing daily. It's set up on linux (centos7 x64 / fedora core 20 x86) with sc_trans_linux_10_07_2011

I've enabled debugging on all and this is what i've get in the log file (for the last 3 crashes):

On Sunday:
HTML Code:
2014-12-07 12:18:57	DEBUG	[YP] HTTP body: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<yp version="2"><resp seq="1"><updatefreq>600</updatefreq><publicip>live.radioclubmix.ro</publicip><station><name>Radio Club Mix Romania</name><genre>House</genre><url>http://www.radioclubmix.ro</url></station></resp></yp>

2014-12-07 12:18:57	DEBUG	[YP] gotResponse Request key=1 cmd=2
Response body=[
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<yp version="2"><resp seq="1"><updatefreq>600</updatefreq><publicip>live.radioclubmix.ro</publicip><station><name>Radio Club Mix Romania</name><genre>House</genre><url>http://www.radioclubmix.ro</url></station></resp></yp>
]
Response code=[200]
2014-12-07 12:18:57	INFO	[YP] Updating listing details for stream #1 succeeded.
2014-12-07 12:18:57	DEBUG	[YP] Certificate path: `/home/administrator/shoutcast/sc_serv2/cacert.pem'
2014-12-07 12:18:57	DEBUG	[YP] Request URL: https://yp.shoutcast.com/yp2
2014-12-07 12:18:57	DEBUG	[YP] HTTP header: HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
Today - crash #1:
HTML Code:
2014-12-09 08:51:44	DEBUG	[YP] pvt_update key=2
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><yp version="2"><cmd op="update" seq="1"><tstamp>1418107904</tstamp><url><protocol>http</protocol><port>9999</port><path>/</path><sid>1</sid><alt></alt></url><id>311671</id><sa>0</sa><pa>0</pa><peak>0</peak><maxclients>400</maxclients><authhash>PNKDEhfGmhX58LqQifcB</authhash><dj></dj><source>TRANSCast DNAS/posix(linux x64) v2.0.0.54</source><stats><listeners>5</listeners><avglistentime>9018</avglistentime><newsessions>0</newsessions><connects>0</connects></stats><metadata><title seq="1">(MaTineU ClubMix) Radio ClubMix !!</title>
	<title seq="2">(MaTineU ClubMix) Virtual feat. Paul Panait - I Hate U But I Love U (Radio Edit Id Radio Club Mix)</title>
	<title seq="3">(NewEntry MaTineU ClubMix) No Rules - Love and Desire (Radio Edit - ID ClubMix)</title>
	<title seq="4">(MaTineU ClubMix) Residence Deejays feat Frissco - My Way (Official Radio Edit)</title>
	<soon>(MaTineU ClubMix) Virtual feat. Paul Panait - I Hate U But I Love U (Radio Edit Id Radio Club Mix)</soon></metadata></cmd></yp>
2014-12-09 08:51:44	DEBUG	[YP] Certificate path: `/home/administrator/shoutcast/sc_serv2/cacert.pem'
2014-12-09 08:51:44	DEBUG	[YP] Request URL: https://yp.shoutcast.com/yp2
2014-12-09 08:51:44	DEBUG	[YP] HTTP header: HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
Today - crash #2 (just after restarted the server):
HTML Code:
2014-12-09 09:08:06	DEBUG	[YP] pvt_update key=2
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><yp version="2"><cmd op="update" seq="1"><tstamp>1418108886</tstamp><url><protocol>http</protocol><port>9999</port><path>/</path><sid>1</sid><alt></alt></url><id>311671</id><sa>0</sa><pa>0</pa><peak>0</peak><maxclients>400</maxclients><authhash>PNKDEhfGmhX58LqQifcB</authhash><dj></dj><source>TRANSCast DNAS/posix(linux x86) v2.0.0.54</source><stats><listeners>0</listeners><avglistentime>0</avglistentime><newsessions>0</newsessions><connects>0</connects></stats><metadata><title seq="1">(MaTineU ClubMix) Alex Cery - Make it hot (Radio Edit)</title>
	<title seq="2">(MaTineU ClubMix) LuKone &amp; deMoga feat. Liviu Teodorescu - Electronic Symphony (Radio Edit)</title>
	<title seq="3">(MaTineU ClubMix) Bros Project feat. Rella Rox &amp; Shayan - Leyra (ID Radio ClubMix)</title>
	<title seq="4">(MaTineU ClubMix) There&apos;s nothing wrong with your radio !!</title>
	<soon>(MaTineU ClubMix) LuKone &amp; deMoga feat. Liviu Teodorescu - Electronic Symphony (Radio Edit)</soon></metadata></cmd></yp>
2014-12-09 09:08:06	DEBUG	[YP] Certificate path: `/home/administrator/shoutcast/sc_serv2/cacert.pem'
2014-12-09 09:08:06	DEBUG	[YP] Request URL: https://yp.shoutcast.com/yp2
2014-12-09 09:08:06	DEBUG	[YP] HTTP header: HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
Do you have any ideea what can cause this and how can be fixed?

PS: "***91;YP***93;" from the log entry stands for [YP]
.. if you need the full logs let me know and I will upload them somewhere (with all debug enabled the log files are quite big ~ 40 MB)
Old 15th December 2014, 10:27   #55
DrO

it's related to all of the posts prior about build crashes. it will need a newer DNAS build to fix it or you need to revert to an older build that works for you until a fixed build is provided (which is somewhat delayed due to needing to track down some other stability issues).
Old 16th December 2014, 21:44   #56
Limman

Small report:
2.2.1 (Build 109) - previous BSD build - crashed every 4-7 days.
2.4.2 (Build 167) - first crash after 1 month and 3 days uptime. Good job

Old 16th December 2014, 21:49   #57
DrO

well that's definitely better but it crashing is still something that's not wanted. do you have logs from when it crashed - maybe that will give a hint as to why it finally failed.
Old 6th January 2015, 12:05   #58
electroradio

I found a bug, its crashes the shoutcast2 Server tested on Debian Linux:

example URL:
http://ip_or_host/admin.cgi?sid=0&mo...t&ripdst=crash (or other words)
http://ip_or_host/admin.cgi?sid=0&mo...ripdst=8.8.8.8 (or other no reserved ip)

Please fix this.
Old 6th January 2015, 17:32   #59
electroradio

why delete my message?
Old 6th January 2015, 18:31   #60
DrO

i sent a personal message as to why it has been hidden.
Old 6th January 2015, 20:24   #61
electroradio

Thank you
Old 22nd January 2015, 15:56   #62
ThunderRoll

This issue i had last year is really getting on my nerves,before there was a bug with the banned AGENTS now that bug fixed and now in the latest version the BANNED IP is not working,i can banned ip till my fingers drop off and it will not take effect in the last version...can you make this right it seem when one is broken you fix it then the other one get broken after..what's the point of these tools if you can't use them as entended..
Old 22nd January 2015, 16:14   #63
DrO

as was suggested at the time (in the 2.4.0 release thread), you should ask your host to ban persistent IPs that you don't want rather than waiting to do it at the last moment i.e. when it's actually made it through to the DNAS.

as for the specific issue of the DNAS not handling banning correctly (which is related to the information provided by the listener connections, hence why it's better to block before getting to the DNAS), the cause has been found and it's fixed for the next release (i don't know when it will be released as dates have already slipped twice).

and we do not intentionally try to break things in the builds, but sometimes it happens and I can only apologise for that but as there's a preferred solution to do banning of connections, it's not a critical issue to release a newer build (especially if there are other stability issues that are still being worked on for the greater number of users benefit).
Old 22nd January 2015, 18:20   #64
ThunderRoll

Yes my host block few ,but the idots keep changing the ip's all the time and now they find a new work around with the banned agents,it seem they have it set up on some auto bot that every time you banned the agent it reconnect on a different agent again over and over,that i had to close off my stream for few hours till it go away,stream a radio should be fun not streassfull,but they lot ppl in this world that have no life but make other's a living hell...
Old 22nd January 2015, 21:42   #65
DrO

the banning options in the DNAS aren't going to help any more than what is already being done before the connections get to the DNAS.

as for what you're seeing, it sounds like some sort of bot network trying to scrape the songs that you're playing.

so it might be an option to disable the public stats pages the DNAS provides via the hidestats config option. i suggest that since based on a few things i was seeing today against a test setup, the stats reponses were being queried and when something seemingly wanted was reported then i got a load of connections.

only issue with that is if you've got anything pulling those stats yourself then you'll need to ensure you can provide a password on the url in-order for the tool / script to be able to access the normal resource.

so all of that may or may not help, it's hard to tell, but the DNAS and the banning issue as-is really wouldn't be helping you (other than i suspect you being able to ban them immediately instead of having to request someone to do it for you).
Old 23rd January 2015, 13:32   #66
ThunderRoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
the banning options in the DNAS aren't going to help any more than what is already being done before the connections get to the DNAS.

as for what you're seeing, it sounds like some sort of bot network trying to scrape the songs that you're playing.

so it might be an option to disable the public stats pages the DNAS provides via the hidestats config option. i suggest that since based on a few things i was seeing today against a test setup, the stats reponses were being queried and when something seemingly wanted was reported then i got a load of connections.

only issue with that is if you've got anything pulling those stats yourself then you'll need to ensure you can provide a password on the url in-order for the tool / script to be able to access the normal resource.

so all of that may or may not help, it's hard to tell, but the DNAS and the banning issue as-is really wouldn't be helping you (other than i suspect you being able to ban them immediately instead of having to request someone to do it for you).
Thanks for your reply..it seem these idots are finding many ways to rip your radio and because i play Exclusives & New Releases 24/7 make them attack me in any way possible..i even put my radio in private mode and they still find me it's really a stressfull job keep they idiots at bay.

The tool we need is to banned these problem countries,if we can banned countries we don't want too access our radio will slow this down and put a stop too it,that's how i stop spam countries from getting to my website i wish i had it for my radio..like china,hong kong,japan, these are problem countries...because banning agents and ip's is not working right now....
Old 24th January 2015, 11:44   #67
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRoll View Post
The tool we need is to banned these problem countries,if we can banned countries we don't want too access our radio will slow this down and put a stop too it,that's how i stop spam countries from getting to my website i wish i had it for my radio..like china,hong kong,japan, these are problem countries...because banning agents and ip's is not working right now....
it's been talked about, but adding that into the DNAS is unknown (only obvious option so it can work locally is using a solution based on the maxmind / geolite db as far as i'm aware off). otherwise you've got to look at something in-front of the DNAS to do the filtering of things. sure it'd be nice to have the DNAS able to do by-country control (as it's come up a number of times), but we'll have to see if anything can be done to allow support for such a feature.

in the meanwhile, i've made some changes internally so the stats responses which these connections use will have the IP banning applied to them which may help to reduce some of the connections i.e. if they're not able to determine what the stream is playing, it may make it less likely that they'll actually connect to the stream.
Old 22nd February 2015, 08:32   #68
milosz

You may recall I could not get the latest*greatest sc_serv to connect to YP on 32-bit Ubuntu. I am moving to a new server, 64-bit Ubuntu, and I am hopeful sc_serv will connect to YP now.

In setting up my new server, I find there is no longer a place to download sc_trans for 64 bit Linux. OK, so I will attempt to use liquidsoap. However, I can't find any documentation anywhere on how to set up liquidsoap to allow two streams from my server - on Ubuntu_32 I had two instances of sc_trans one for PROGRAM A and one for PROGRAM B and these streamed quite nicely through one instance of sc_serv using the streamid=1 / streamid=2 settings in sc_trans.conf

There doesn't seem to be any such provision in liquidsoap's arguments or configuration settings. It makes me wonder if liquidsoap indeed works with the current version of sc_serv 2.4.2.167...

Can someone point me to any guidance on using liquidsoap with the current sc_serv, now that there is no sc_trans to use as a source?
Old 22nd February 2015, 17:16   #69
neralex
Major Dude

milosz, forget liquidsoap and search a mirror for the latest sc_trans. For a multi-stream setup is sc_trans for me the best choice. liquidsoap is not really what you know from sc_trans, believe me. There are to much compromises.
Old 22nd February 2015, 19:22   #70
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosz View Post
There doesn't seem to be any such provision in liquidsoap's arguments or configuration settings. It makes me wonder if liquidsoap indeed works with the current version of sc_serv 2.4.2.167...
it only works as a 1.x source and that limits you to working _only_ against stream #1 as the stream to feed (as is the case with all other 1.x based source clients). that is what sc_trans was able to get around since it supports the 2.x protocol which allows for specifying the stream to connect to (unlike with the 1.x protocol).

however, that will be changed with the next DNAS release so you'll be able (via modifying the password provided) to be able to have multiple 1.x sources connect to a 2.5+ DNAS - as per http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...Source_Support

it is possible to do it already via an experimental mode in the available DNAS but you don't get title updates and that somewhat defeats the point of things (unless you manually send the title updates in the expected manner).
Old 23rd February 2015, 01:05   #71
milosz

OK- so what are we supposed to use as a source for sc_serv v 2.4.2.167 on Linux....?

Is there ANY way to get a copy of the recent sc_trans for Linux 64? Is the source available?
Old 23rd February 2015, 01:32   #72
DrO

Quote:
OK- so what are we supposed to use as a source for sc_serv v 2.4.2.167 on Linux....?
if you already have an existing sc_trans setup, then I don't see why you cannot still use it (you're just on your own if there's issues with it) if you need to provide multiple streams from the same DNAS instance (as that's the only issue you're going to have if having to use any 1.x based source client).

otherwise you use the interim experimental mode to allow for multiple 1.x setups and accept the issues that method has until the next official build is released (as already detailed).

Quote:
Is there ANY way to get a copy of the recent sc_trans for Linux 64? Is the source available?
there is no official sc_trans download (not like it's hard to find it from a mirror site) and the source code is not available (which is pretty much pointless without any of the encoding / decoding libraries that it used when provided by AOL).
Old 23rd February 2015, 02:19   #73
milosz

I am moving from a 32-bit Ubuntu virtual server to a 64-bit machine running on a dedicated (actual metal) server, and I tried running the 32-bit sc_trans on the new 64-bit server, and it threw exceptions.

The reason I am moving from 32-bit virtual to 64 bit "real" - it is my understanding that the reason the sc_serv v 2.4.2.167 on my current server never connects to YP is either related to virtualization or to the fact that it's 32 bit. Also, the new server has a lot more RAM, needs to be 64 bit.

So, simply, the current copy of sc_trans that I have just won't run on the new server.

I have searched for some forgotten copy of sc_trans Linux 64 and not found it so far.

Also, since it's no longer supported, I thought it might be best to "get with the program" and move on to what should replace sc_trans for sc_serv v 2.4.2.167. Alas, there doesn't seem to be ANYTHING that replaces sc_trans for sc_serv v 2.4.2.167 on Linux 64 in my production environment.

I am trying to use sc_serv v 2.4.2.167 but I am being thwarted.... hahahaha. (I just wanted to use the word 'thwarted')
Old 23rd February 2015, 02:27   #74
DrO

using the 32-bit version is unlikely to be a reason for a DNAS not being able to connect to the YP. as I really don't remember if you've reported this issue previously or not... i.e. the error that is actually being reported and all of that would be a good starting point as other than machine configuration, there's no functional difference between the 32-bit and 64-bit builds of the DNAS irrespective of the OS version being used.
Old 23rd February 2015, 02:47   #75
milosz

OK, so I installed the libraries needed to run 32-bit code on the 64-bit machine and now I can get the 32 bit Linux sc_trans to run OK. Doesn't seem right somehow. But I guess running two instances of sc_trans as 32 bit code shouldn't cause any real limitations, I'm guessing it can access all the memory it needs with 32 bit addresses.

Still looking for the sc_trans 64 bit version, like you said it must be out there somewhere

I'll also try to find a forum someplace where people are talking about what they're using as a source for sc_serv v 2.4.2.167 - if anyone can point me to such a forum, I'd be much obliged. I'm guessing that discussions of sources to feed sc_serv v 2.4.2.167 aren't really germane here, this is supposed to be just a discussion of sc_serv v 2.4.2.167 itself (or subsequent newer versions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
using the 32-bit version is unlikely to be a reason for a DNAS not being able to connect to the YP. as I really don't remember if you've reported this issue previously or not... i.e. the error that is actually being reported and all of that would be a good starting point as other than machine configuration, there's no functional difference between the 32-bit and 64-bit builds of the DNAS irrespective of the OS version being used.
Yes I have - see Post #46 in this thread http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=46

Looking at this, I see MENTIONS YP but I'm not sure it is specifically a "can't connect to YP" type issue.
Old 23rd February 2015, 13:33   #76
DrO

i doubt there's any such forum that you're wanting to find. and there's been multiple threads on here about what people are using, which again generally ends up being ones that only support the 1.x SHOUTcast protocol.

the 2.x DNAS doesn't care what it is fed by as long as it's using either the 1.x or 2.x SHOUTcast protocol (or a compatible relay source) with most source clients only supporting the 1.x protocol which limits you to one stream on the DNAS (since that's all the 1.x DNAS allowed). unless you're willing to either use the experimental support in 2.4x or to wait for the 2.5x release which as i've pointed to the wiki page, allows multiple sources only supporting the 1.x protocol to connect to the DNAS via the password manipulation (which in retrospect is just what should have been done from the start with the 2.x DNAS along with a lot of other things that would have made it simpler to want to use it over 1.x *shrugs*).

anyway, a pm has been sent regarding the YP issue (which i'd forgotten you'd posted about, but that's to be expected at half-3 in the morning).
Old 17th March 2015, 20:23   #77
djcenk

hi.
If i want to reload config with command line.
http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin.cgi?pass...ss&mode=reload
not complete this command without login window.
This command need a login with user name and password from popup.
How can i resolve this problem ?
Thank you
Old 17th March 2015, 20:48   #78
DrO

you will need to wait for a newer DNAS which fixes the issue (where it's trying to redirect you to the server admin summary page).
Old 17th March 2015, 21:11   #79
djcenk

Thank you DrO.
Best Regards
Old 3rd April 2015, 13:32   #80
DrO

v2.4.7 released which is a much recommended update over all prior 2.x releases due to the functional improvements, stability and crash fixes, memory and CPU usage optimisations and related security fixes.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions