Old 28th October 2007, 16:58   #41
spacefish

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Yeah, well that's the problem. Whatever tag editor you're using ISN'T clearing the original ID3v2 tag, it's writing a 2nd one.

The ID3v2 specs say that any subsequent/repeated ID3v2 tags should override any previous ones. So although Windows Explorer/WMP and other players/editors might show the first ID3v2 tag, we're actually doing it right by reading the 2nd one.
Is this new behavior because I never noticed the problem in 5.35?

Quote:
Nope, it's not clearing out existing tags.
Report the bug to MusicBrainz.

Though I guess you should expect things like this to happen when using alpha software.
To be fair, I only turned that portion on (Clear existing tags...) when I noticed the bug in Winamp. I thought that Winamp was reading the old tag and I wanted to be sure there were no pre-existing tags there. I'll notify Lukáš of the possible problem with that option though.
spacefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 18:07   #42
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Yes, it was new to v5.5

Basically, we fixed a few other related issues caused by bugs in other Editors which resulted in the creation of more than one ID3v2 tag. The ID3 specifications state that we should be reading the 2nd tag, or whatever ID3v2 tag comes last, if more than one.

As it looks like all other players/editors are still reading the first tag only, we'll change it for 5.51...

5.51 Internal Beta whatsnew
* Fixed: [in_mp3] Only read first ID3v2 tag if more than one is present

Although this will fix your issue, it could also possibly result in other people coming here after 5.51 release and saying that Winamp is now reading the wrong information (ie. before it was reading the 2nd ID3v2 tag, but now it's reading some erroneous first ID3v2 tag).

At the end of the day, there's not much we can do.
We either read the first one or the 2nd one.

Basically, it's down to the authors of these buggy editors to make sure that there's only ONE ID3v2 tag.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 15:12   #43
spacefish

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
As it looks like all other players/editors are still reading the first tag only, we'll change it for 5.51...

5.51 Internal Beta whatsnew
* Fixed: [in_mp3] Only read first ID3v2 tag if more than one is present
Any update on when this fix will be released?
Old 20th November 2007, 16:17   #44
ozzymanborn

Second idv2 tag

In my winamp same issue is happened. I changed one of my tags with mp3tag (Because I'm using own genre names) but winamp not readed it (It still sees result of auto-tag) and uninstalling reinstalling and deleting all application data files not solved it winamp still reading differently than other apps.
ozzymanborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 09:14   #45
spacefish

Thanks! I saw the latest update for in_mp3 and looks great.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support