Old 14th November 2007, 15:07   #1
Fatbob73

Problem with video screen not displaying

Hi folks!

I'm having a very strange problem playing videos. From Windows Explorer, I double click on a video file (a WMV file), which launches Winamp and the video screen comes up and immediately begins playing the video, so far so good. When I stop the video, the video screen closes, I now double click on another video file in Windows Explorer, the video screen does not come up, but I do hear the audio. I try hitting Alt+V repeatedly, but the video screen never appears. If I close Winamp, and double click on that video file (or any other video file), then the video screen comes up and it's working. It seems that whenever I want to watch a different video, I have to close Winamp or I don't get the video screen.

I also noticed that if I stop the video, the screen closes, if I press play again, the screen does not come up despite the fact that when I right click on Winamp to bring up the menu, the Video menu item is checked. Even more odd is that fact that clicking on the Video menu item has no effect, the item always remains checked.

This happens when any type of video file format that I try (WMV, AVI, etc)

Why is this happening, do I have some setting that's causing this?

I'm using Winamp 5.5.
Fatbob73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 08:37   #2
andrelecomte

Send a message via ICQ to andrelecomte Send a message via AIM to andrelecomte Send a message via Yahoo to andrelecomte
Same

I am having exactly the same issue. Any ideas?
andrelecomte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 16:06   #3
Fatbob73

So I found the problem, it's not with Winamp, but with the skin I'm using (MMD3). I tried several other skins remembering that last time I had a problem with Winamp, it turned out to be caused by MMD3, and guess what... it works with other skins (I can open and close the video screen with no problems). It might not be completely the skins fault, but a combination of MMD3 and Winamp 5.5. It's too bad because I really like that skin, I've been using it for years now.
Fatbob73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 18:04   #4
andrelecomte

Send a message via ICQ to andrelecomte Send a message via AIM to andrelecomte Send a message via Yahoo to andrelecomte
Skin

I'm using that skin too. It's the best! I wonder if there is any way to fix the problem. Perhaps there is a forum for the skin?
Old 1st December 2007, 11:58   #5
Banjo

I'm having the exact same problem, but with Nullsoft Skinz Winamp3_Default_Skin.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 17:13   #6
Wistaria

I'm having the problem as well, and I have the MMD3 skin. In fact, if it wasn't for this skin I probably wouldn't be using winamp at all. This really bums me out.
Wistaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 20:46   #7
andrelecomte

Switch to Modern

If I run into these problems I switch to the Modern skin and back to MMD3.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support