Old 17th May 2014, 03:18   #1
FyreRT

"View File Info" Window appears off screen

How do i get this window to come down? this has been driving me nuts, only happens on certain file types, this one being a .spc file.

Image attached and the window is circled in red.

Running Winamp 5.623
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fileinfowindow.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	442.1 KB
ID:	51161  
FyreRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 06:01   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
upgrade to 5.666, it'll prob fix it.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 09:25   #3
DrO

is doubtful updating (which should be done anyway) will help as that's a 3rd party plug-in causing that dialog from what I can tell from the screenshot.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 15:09   #4
TheGueu

let's get a bit creative. this might work:
after the file info window is open, right click on your desktop and choose screen resolution. then select to tilt your screen as a portrait. it might just let you move the window then.
TheGueu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 18:21   #5
FyreRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGueu View Post
let's get a bit creative. this might work:
after the file info window is open, right click on your desktop and choose screen resolution. then select to tilt your screen as a portrait. it might just let you move the window then.
Holt moly, it worked, and when i re-open the window it stays where i last closed it.

Thanks!
FyreRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 22:16   #6
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
There's another trick I use to move windows that are partially obscured or completely off my screen/desktop without changing my graphics or monitor settings. But it only works if the offending window is active and has the current input focus.

With the offending window still selected tap [Alt]+[Spacebar]. This should bring up the Window Menu for the window. Tap the [M] button (or whatever character is underlined that is for the "Move" option) and then use the arrow keys a couple times. Then move your mouse around without clicking any of the buttons and the window will follow your mouse around screen. Left-click once with the mouse (or tap the [Enter] button) when the window is where you want it. Done.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2014, 14:09   #7
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

When using the SNESAmp plug-in for spc playback, there is an option where you can select, if the file info windows will be updated for each song or not iicr.

I'm not getting any file info window, when I'm playing SNES music.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 07:46   #8
Aminifu
Forum King

Winamp will only remember (between sessions) the size and positions of some of the windows it uses. The Windows OS will usually remember the last size and position of windows if the <Ctrl> key is held down when the windows are closed.

"WinSize2" (link below) is a free open source program for Windows that you can use to remember nearly every windows' size and position. All you have to do is run the winsize.exe application, activate the window that you want to be remembered, and use <Ctrl+Alt+Z> keys to do so.

This saves that window's size and position. Whenever you open it again, it opens in the exact same location provided that WinSize2 is running in the background. If used for saving Windows Explorer's size and positions when viewing certain folders, it will change to the size and position automatically when switching to another location in Windows Explorer that you have saved the size and position for.

The program offers lots of other features, for instance there is an option to save the desktop layout of the system. Some apps are written in a way that overrides the saved size and position.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/winsize2/

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support