Old 15th April 2003, 01:19   #1
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Hot Pics

Hot picks from the front:

Yes, those are Iraqis that aren't running from Americans

Jeez.. I thought the Iraqis didn't want liberation....

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2003, 01:37   #2
webthing
Forum King

webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2003, 03:26   #3
zootm
Forum King

i saw one of those on TV. someone opened fire in the crowd while they were filming - i think it was into the air, but shows that there's still a lot of divisions within iraq.
Quote:
Originally posted by Fickle
Jeez.. I thought the Iraqis didn't want liberation....
i really hope that wasn't supposed to be a jab at anti-war people... if it was, then you clearly have no idea whatsoever what they were complaining about. this shows a deep misunderstanding of the issues.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2003, 04:32   #4
webthing
Forum King

Air Force security forces from the United States, Great Britain and Australia work together to ensure the protection of a base at a forward location in Southwest Asia.

O.K. I'll bite.

What are the issues?

Why don't you answer my Questions? Whats Your Plans for World Peace?
Old 16th April 2003, 00:45   #5
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
i saw one of those on TV. someone opened fire in the crowd while they were filming - i think it was into the air, but shows that there's still a lot of divisions within iraq.

i really hope that wasn't supposed to be a jab at anti-war people... if it was, then you clearly have no idea whatsoever what they were complaining about. this shows a deep misunderstanding of the issues.
It wasn't a jab at you personally Zoot Suit, I Just don't believe the idea that the Iraqis were afraid of America and hated us.

And now back to your regularly scheduled anti-American Bullshit.
"I hate America because they're bullies and have bigger guns than Us! *whine* "
Oh, and propaganda works both ways, or do you think all anti-American writing is The REAL Truth

Old 16th April 2003, 12:21   #6
nature spirit
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to nature spirit
Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
i really hope that wasn't supposed to be a jab at anti-war people... if it was, then you clearly have no idea whatsoever what they were complaining about. this shows a deep misunderstanding of the issues. [/B]
Definitely. again, most of you are missing the issue, and bring us pictures to 'prove' that Saddam was a dictator blah blah.. as if we don't know... or as if we want to protect him (ha).

Try to think for once about how dirty is the concept of benefits-driven wars. let's not come back to who put Saddam in power in the first place to use him as a tool. where is he now? through a witness-protection plan?
nature spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2003, 04:47   #7
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

You always go back to how we put him in.
No.
We did not put him in, but we did fund his fight with our money. He's not flying our planes.
We didn't build him bunkers.

And since we DID fund him, he was our problem. And we fixed him. So what the fuck? I know, let's hop in our impossible time machine and go back in time to 1984!
No wait....Wrong movie.
What did you want us to do? Turn our backs like France and Germany did? And you say we're isolationist and yet we have our hands in everything. I find the idea fascinating.
So what would you have done? Litigation and waiting got us nowhere because France refused to sign anything, including a pretty good idea put up by England. I'm not saying it's thier fault, but what did you expect?
I just don't agree with you. It's not because I'm some malinformed American who hates French people, it's just because I support my country and felt we should have kicked his ass the first time.

Right, and nobody ever went to war for benefits. Besides, I was illustrating here that these people don't hate us. I wasn't jabbing at you, or anybody. I just wanted to make sure that you folks knew that the Iraqi people are GRATEFUL to us. Not scared or hateful. They are happy we kicked the fat bastard out.
Admit that.

Old 18th April 2003, 13:36   #8
nature spirit
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to nature spirit
We admit that Fickle, trust me. No one would be happy to be under a dictator. And thus people would be happy to get rid of him. We didn't need the cameras to believe. But, when the war takes the skin of getting rid of a dictator, and has the benefits core, this is something different. You say nobody wants war for benefits. But then what would you do if the war is indeed for benefits? how would you justify the plenty of reports and documents presented by officials -not by me- since 1993 and discussing this upcoming war, and what benefits would they bring. Would you, yourself, accept someone to come and occupy your country and put a military governor -say 5 to 8 years- while tying your economy to his, while booking all reconstruction contracts, oil contracts, etc.. , for getting rid of a dictator he had the main say in putting him in power? and this same person gave no single help, not even moral, to a national rise that happened in 1991, and that was supposed to stop the whole tragedy since then?

Im not saying France of Germany don't have benefits. May be their major benefit here is not to kill the UN, not to let a single country to decide for the rest of the world. But here, they are right. This unilaterism is really dangerous. What Germany and France and the rest of the world were trying to do is to give some more chance to the inspection mechanism , especially that Iraq started to cooperate and started to destroy the missiles. France said if ever Iraq uses the chemicals it will bring up its army to help the US. On one side for they were almost sure Iraq had no MDW, and one other side to prove they are not really defending the Iraqi regime.

Now this is all over.. let's not go into it again. Yes Iraqis were happy to see Saddam go, but they are not happy to see Americans stay. If you take a sneak at some independent agencies trying to inspect local opinions about this, you would be finding something different: they want Americans & Brits to leave NOW. May be Iraqi oppsition leaders, like Chalaby and others, would tell you NO, we want the US to stay.. but let me remind you those are only CIA trainees.. which explains. Let me also remind you of the manifestation of Mossel which consisted of more than 15,000 Iraqis shouting against US army and asking them to leave.. of course you know that Marines shot them and killed more than 15 of them.

One more thing, sorry for this being a long post. here is an excerpt from an article written by Uzma Khan, and brings some light to the historical aspect of Saddam being in power:

Before focusing in particular on Iraq, I want to very briefly trace the rise of American imperialism in general. America's first major imperial conquest was in the early 1900s, when American troops fought the Spanish to occupy the Philippines. An interesting aside to point out here is that in 1905, American writer Mark Twain wrote a story called 'The War Prayer,' in which he condemned the war. The story was considered 'unsuitable for publication at a moment of high and patriotic feeling.' It was not published till 1923, almost twenty years after the war and thirteen years after Twain's death. So, contrary to the myth that America is a free country in which every civilian has the right to speak, censorship in the US has been alive and well for at least a hundred years.

After this little-discussed invasion of the Philippines, American might around the globe did not notably accelerate till after WW11. Between 1945 and now, the US has never stopped being at war with the world. For fifty-eight years, there has never been a single year in which it has not bombed and occupied another country, and in most years, it has attacked two or more countries at the same time. It attacked Korea from 1950-1953, and during the same period, also re-attacked the Philippines to stifle an indigenous leftist uprising. From 1945-49, it sent half a million troops to China, again to choke off the communists. In 1946-48, it sent troops to Italy; In 1947-49 to Greece; 1949-53 to Albania; together with the UK it attacked Iran in 1953; Guatemala also in 1953; Indonesia in 1958; Cuba 1961-62; Thailand in 1962; Laos 1962-75; Congo 1964; Peru 1965; Dominican Republic 1965-66; Vietnam 1961-73; Cambodia (1969-70); Chile (1973); the proxy war in Afghanistan (1979-88); Nicaragua (1981-90); El Salvador (1980-92); Libya (1981, 1986, 1989); Panama (1989); Grenada (1983); Persian Gulf (1984); Iraq (1991, and air strikes had been repeatedly launched till the time of the latest full-scale invasion); Serbia (1997); Afghanistan and Sudan (1998); Afghanistan (2001 to date); Iraq again.

The list is exhausting but so is the historical weight of power behind President George W. Bush. I haven't even touched upon America's non-military CIA-backed interference in the governance of sovereign countries all over the world, as that would only stretch this discussion even further. But the military and economic aid it gives to its 'allies,' especially to Israel, will naturally weave itself into the lecture.

Now to focus particularly on US interventions in Iraq. In 1963, a coup assisted by the CIA ousted Iraq's popular leader, Abdel Karim Kassem. His crime: resisting the force of Western oil monopolies. He had said, 'We are fighting for the industrialization of our republic and an end to our dependence on the sale of crude oil.' This was the goal of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), an organization that Kassem had helped to form. The defiant statement gave the CIA diarrhea overnight, and the plot to assassinate him was hatched by morning. In the bloody attack that followed, thousands of Kassem's followers were murdered along with Kassem himself. In 1968 the Baathist Party came to power. However, in 1972, the Baathists grew as defiant as Kassem had been ten years earlier, declaring that Arab oil was for the Arabs. They sought to nationalize the US-, UK-, and French- controlled Iraq Petroleum Company, made up of BP, Exxon, Mobil, Shell, and Partex. The US immediately accused it of supporting terrorism, but this time, the punishment it plotted was more covert. Taking lessons from the massive opposition to the Vietnam War at home, US President Richard Nixon did not authorize the use of direct military action. Instead, the plot was to weaken Iraq by arming and training the Kurds. The US-planted Shah of Iran was a key ally of this hidden agenda; he was the tunnel through which Americans provided arms to the Kurds. Interestingly, many of President Richard Nixon's advisors were the same as they are today, thirty years later, with Henry Kissinger and Zbigniew Brzezinski prominent among them.. Assistance to the Kurds had as little then to do with human rights as it does today, as Kurdish empowerment would obviously weaken America's ability to exploit them. In fact, Kissinger is known to have told an aide: 'Covert operations should not be confused with missionary work.' Incidentally, this is the same Kissinger who once asked rhetorically, 'Why should the Arabs have all the oil?' and who would, during the Iran-Iraq War declare, 'I hope they kill each other' and 'Too bad they both can't lose.' For his love of humanity, he was awarded the Noble Peace Prize in 1973, along with a North Vietnamese negotiator who is said to have refused the prize in Kissinger's company. That's just an aside I thought might interest you. Going back to the covert operations being deployed to undermine Iraq, these might have continued unobstructed till a full-fledged civil war between Kurdish nationalists and Iraqis broke out if it weren't for the Iranian Revolution. The Shah, America's second-best collaborator in the Middle East (after Israel), was history. Iran became a bigger threat.

Suddenly, the same Iraq that the US had been using the Kurds to weaken was now supplied with weapons to attack Iran. US President Jimmy Carter, still considered a dove at home (if anyone still has any doubts that the Nobel Peace Prize has as little to do with peace as the UN has to do with human rights, she has only to consider Carter's awarding of the prize -- it is as ridiculous as Kissinger's thirty years earlier), introduced a new intervention strategy called the Carter Doctrine, which stated that 'any challenge to US access to the Middle East oil (can be met with) military force.' American companies directly and indirectly (that is, through America's other client states Kuwait and Saudi Arabia) sold billions of dollars worth of armament to Iraq, some of it on credit, while purchasing increased amounts of Iraqi oil at greatly reduced rates. At the same time, a task force was created to implement Carter's strategy. However, Iran and Iraq so successfully destroyed each other for eight years that the task force was never needed. The subsequent US leader, President Ronald Reagan and his Vice President George H. Bush played their part as well. Reagan authorized the CIA to go to Baghdad to 'advise the military' (read arm and train) of the Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. We now know that the CIA was simultaneously 'advising the military' of Iran.

It has been said many times before but it cannot be said enough: Saddam Hussein is America's man. They were making him at about the same time as they were making Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan. The chemical weapons that Hussein is accused of having were sold to him by the current Vice President Dick Cheney, when he was CEO of the chemical company Halliburton. They sold it to him and he used it on the Kurds the following year. The same Kurds, mind you, that were supposedly being liberated in the 70s, in the 90s during the first Gulf War, and now, in 2003 during the 'shock and awe' fireworks display of the second Gulf War. The same Kurds that we've been told are dancing in their streets at the same time that, a few hundred miles away, Afghan women are supposedly stripping off their veils like newly-discovered Kim Bassingers. If the esteemed president and vice president of the United States are so concerned about weapons of mass destruction, why on earth do they keep selling them to murderous rulers of the impoverished and disenfranchised Third World? If the US so concerned about weapons of mass destruction, why does it keep selling them to the only nuclear power in the Middle East: Israel?

No UN nuclear arms inspectors have ever been allowed to enter Israel. The arms inspectors who were in Iraq in the 90s had long before declared that Iraq had no nuclear weapons. It is Israel that has weaponry that can only be matched by one other nation: the United States, which furnishes it with over 3 billion dollars in aid every year. So the claim that this state is a lamb surrounded by lions is absolutely facetious. It has attacked more of its neighbors since its creation in 1948 (Egypt twice, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, also twice, and Iraq) than any other country in the Middle East _ and, it should be added, than it itself has been attacked. Israel is the only country in the world to have never declared its borders, thus allowing itself the absolute right to enter Palestinian Territories whenever it wants, and then withdrawing by a few inches in order to extract more political leverage from the crushed Palestinians. This strategy has been repeated so ruthlessly, and in violation of so many international laws, that it is virtually impossible to measure exactly where the border lies on any given day. The latest uprising in the territories has resulted in over a thousand Palestinian deaths, many of them children. In return, Bush calls Sharon a man desiring of peace. These two could well be the contenders of this year's Noble Peace Prize.

It is more than obvious that the United States and its Liberation Army care nothing about the disarmament of destructive weapons, about human rights, or about any international law. If they did, they would not have renounced the non-nuclear proliferation treaty, or voted against the protocol allowing implementation of the Biological Weapons Convention, or rejected the treaty banning land mines, so that tens of thousands of innocent civilians around the world, mostly children, do not have to live their lives without legs, arms, and eyes. New mines have again been laid by the US in Afghanistan _ a country that had already been riddled with more mines per square inch than any other country in the world. America has vetoed the passing of virtually every international attempt to reduce instances of war, and to protect the environment. As I have said already, for the last fifty-eight years it itself has never stopped being at war with the world. Its economy thrives on war.

Is then, the perpetuation of the military-industrial complex the main reason for waging the current war? Remember that Iraq has 112 billion barrels of reserves. Ajmal Kamal recently quoted an article in Hydrogen Economy, in which Jeremy Rifkin calculates the number of years that world oil reserves would last at current rates of consumption and extraction, and came up with these figures: In the US and Norway, 10 years. In Canada even less, only 8. But in Iran 53 years; Saudi Arabia 55; the United Arab Emirates 75; Kuwait 116. In Iraq, it is 526 years. So the prospect of grabbing hold of the most untapped oil reserves in the world, and stirring up animosity in the region so rival groups become even more enthusiastic arms customers, must be part of the appeal of this war. It could be -- your guess is as good as mine. The second theory -- that the war is a way to show the world who's boss _ is also believable. Certainly the message 'If you don't comply, we'll bomb you,' has been heard loudly enough in Pakistan, with many people fearing that Pakistan, which has the world's most unpopular known nuclear weapons, after perhaps, North Korea, is next in line. Personally I don't believe an attack on us is imminent. The last twelve years of high-tech warfare have shown that the US Government enjoys killing those who are virtually already dead _ Afghanistan was all but a graveyard before October 2001 when the bombing there began, and Iraq has been living under the weight of economic sanctions that have killed 600, 000 Iraqi children alone, and those children that survive are so malnourished that future generations will be crippled for many years to come. However, even if an attack on us, or on another country, is not likely to happen soon, the pressure to do whatever Big Brother dictates is very strong. This absolute power is obviously just as thrilling for the US Government as an infinitesimal number of green bills, nukes, and cars.

The third theory is one that's been circulating in the press much less but I'll mention it briefly _ and this is that there is a plan to move the three million Palestinians who are trapped in occupied West Bank and Gaza to the lonesome desert of Iraq, thus allowing the Jewish homeland to be free, once and for all, of Arabs. This is thin. Since the Israeli army has never been held accountable to any world court, it could easily destroy the Palestinians on their own soil, as it has been doing quite successfully since 1948. But since this would amount to genocide of even greater proportions than the one Israel is currently carrying out, perhaps the idea of simply smuggling out the populace is favorable. It might be a theory to keep visible in our rear-view mirrors. No one would have thought that a people who, in 1948, controlled only 6% of the land would today control 80%. A further 20% might not be that unlikely.

What will be the aftermath of the war? If we are to look at the result of Gulf War 1, and that of the war in Afghanistan, the picture is unbearably grim: human rights groups like RAWA (Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan) have long been saying that during its first rule from 1992-96, the Northern Alliance committed as horrendous crimes against humanity, particularly against women, as the Taliban. It has been at it again. Contrary to what the US media reports, the Afghans are even more impoverished, frightened, and helpless as they were before October 2001, when Americans proceeded to kill more people than died on September 11 and called it freedom. America has abandoned the so-called free, just as it did after it trained Afghans, Pakistanis and Arabs on Afghan soil to fight the Soviets. The tens of thousands of refugees hunched in tents along our common border, or in Pakistan, have not gone home. They know it isn't safe to do so. There are absolutely no signs of the infrastructure the US vowed to create. Except for the occasional 'Osama is alive' or 'No, he isn't alive' the country appears to have completely fallen off America's political map, even as it remains a military target. As a result, how many enraged mini-Osama's are being bred across the border, or right here in Pakistan, even as we speak?

After Gulf War 1, it is estimated that around 250, 000 Iraqis died as a result of 110, 000 aerial sorties that dropped 88,000 tons of explosives. Contrary to what the government said, these were not target bombings and no effort was made to not kill civilians. In The Fire This Time, Ramsey Clark estimates that around 93% of the bombs fell in civilian areas. The country was without power for the duration of the bombing, and as many roads were also destroyed, people were limited in their ability to flee. Water contamination remained a problem even when the current war began. We were are not being shown footage of human destruction on TV, but we have been told that the current war is, and will continue to be, on an even larger scale. It is virtually impossible to imagine a situation even worse than the one the Iraqi people had been living in before March 19th.
nature spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2003, 14:42   #9
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2003, 17:19   #10
webthing
Forum King

If your not making miskakes....... your not doing anything.

The rest of the world dosen't have the balls or guts to do anything.

When shit goes bad somewere in the world.. Who gets the fucked-up job of taking care of it?

Go ahead sit around and talk.

While evil dictators try to take over the world.

And when they are at your back door guess who you will be calling?

"We goto war to save people." And in the long run to keep world peace.

Q. Where would the world be with out the United States.

Get it right now.

A. Living under some dictators rule.
Old 18th April 2003, 17:36   #11
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

Well that's a big load of bollocks you just posted. Thanks for that.

Old 18th April 2003, 17:51   #12
webthing
Forum King

No, what you just posted is bullshit.

Well that's a big load of bollocks you just posted. =
I can't because I would be wrong so I'll just flame you.

Why don't you answer the question?

Lt. Cmdr. Jim Verrees, 36, of San Juan Capistrano, Calif., a doctor with the 11th Marine Regiment, gives medical aid to an Iraqi girl Thursday near Baghdad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1doc.jpg (71.2 KB, 249 views)
Old 18th April 2003, 18:07   #13
webthing
Forum King

Capt. Jimmie Cummings, commander, 49th Public Affairs Detachment, 82nd Airborne Division is surrounded by children during a humanitarian assistance mission outside As Samawan in central Iraq. (U.S. Army photo by Staff Sgt. Eric Foltz, 49th PAD)
Old 18th April 2003, 18:09   #14
webthing
Forum King

Civil affairs soldiers distribute BluePacks to school children in Jalalabad. (Photo courtesy of Civil Military Operations Center, Jalalabad)

Old 18th April 2003, 18:11   #15
webthing
Forum King

A soldier from the 422nd Civil Affairs Battalion helps delivery a bag of rice in a village near the city of Najaf in central Iraq April 04. The rice was provided by an international relief agency through the U.S. Army. The 422nd is in Iraq in support of OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM. OIF is the multinational coalition effort to liberate the Iraqi people, eliminate Iraq's weapons of mass destruction and end the regime of Saddam Hussein. (U.S. Army photo by SSG Kevin P. Bell)
Old 18th April 2003, 18:22   #16
webthing
Forum King

Old 18th April 2003, 18:25   #17
webthing
Forum King

An Iraqi child carries a Meal Ready-to-Eat given to her by a U.S. Marine on the outskirts of Um Qasr, Iraq March 23, 2003.
Old 18th April 2003, 18:29   #18
webthing
Forum King

Old 18th April 2003, 18:36   #19
webthing
Forum King

Old 18th April 2003, 18:42   #20
webthing
Forum King

Old 18th April 2003, 18:49   #21
webthing
Forum King

Screw you people that try to make the United States look evil!
Old 18th April 2003, 18:52   #22
webthing
Forum King

Old 18th April 2003, 18:54   #23
webthing
Forum King

Old 18th April 2003, 19:01   #24
webthing
Forum King

http://www.lawrencegoetz.com/flag/flag.jpg

[e]this image is rediculasly(sp?) huge -Rocker[/e]
Old 18th April 2003, 19:04   #25
webthing
Forum King

Old 18th April 2003, 19:11   #26
webthing
Forum King

Old 18th April 2003, 19:24   #27
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

Sing along with me to the tune of "Another one bites the dust" by Queen:

"Another one misses the point"

Old 18th April 2003, 20:41   #28
zootm
Forum King

lol - webthing, can you linkify those for the aid of poor dialup peeps? bear in mind that every one you post impedes their freedom of speech more

just to prove that they still don't like ya

Old 18th April 2003, 23:41   #29
webthing
Forum King

Nice one.

Let Freedom ring!

Let Freedom ring!

Let Freedom ring!

That never would have happened two weeks ago.

I think thats GREAT!

They have only been repressed for twenty years.

I'm glad to see that they are ready to get on with there own lives.

Let Freedom ring!

I'm not worried. A few thousand protesters are not speaking for the whole country.

But we are not going to leave until the work is done. This time.

No matter what a few thousand protesters say.

It didn't stop us from starting this war.

And It won't stop us from completing our work.

The only thing that that story proves is that they are now a free people!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooo Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Let Freedom ring!

And I know our troops are ready to come home.

Let's get out and bring our Hero's home.

Let Freedom ring!

Let Freedom ring!

Let Freedom ring!

Riot

Protest

Loot

Go fucking crazy. Let it all out. You deserve it.

Party on!

Let Freedom ring!

Let Freedom ring!

Let Freedom ring!
Old 19th April 2003, 00:30   #30
webthing
Forum King

Old 19th April 2003, 01:24   #31
webthing
Forum King

SSgt. Barry Sadler

The Ballad of The Green Berets

Fighting soldiers from the sky
Fearless men who jump and die
Men who mean just what they say
The brave men of the Green Beret

Silver wings upon their chest
These are men, America’s best
One hundred men will test today
But only three win the Green Beret

Trained to live off nature’s land
Trained in combat, hand-to-hand
Men who fight by night and day
Courage peak from the Green Berets

Back at home a young wife waits
Her Green Beret has met his fate
He has died for those oppressed
Leaving her his last request

“Put silver wings on my son’s chest
Make him one of America’s best
He’ll be a man they’ll test one day
Have him win the Green Beret”

Old 19th April 2003, 01:28   #32
webthing
Forum King

Upon landing at the newly named "Baghdad International Airport" General Tommy Franks shows a sign of appreciation to troops on the ground as he was welcomed to Baghdad for the first time on Wednesday, April 6, 2003.
Old 19th April 2003, 06:18   #33
zootm
Forum King

welcome to webthing's propaganda thread!

Old 19th April 2003, 06:28   #34
webthing
Forum King

Quote:
Riot

Protest

Loot - webthing
No looting is wrong. I miss spoke.

Sorry. Sorry I said that.

Looting is wrong. Please don't loot.
Old 19th April 2003, 06:31   #35
zootm
Forum King

i'm not a big fan of rioting either, to be honest. protesting i can understand, but on a peaceful basis only. forcing your opinions through brute force is, in my opinion, only an indication of how stupid you truly are.

this isn't gonna stop me listening to anarchist band Atari Teenage Riot, though

Old 19th April 2003, 07:49   #36
webthing
Forum King

Pfc. Jeremiah Weinrich, Headquarters and Headquarters Company, Combined Joint Task Force-180 (left) and Staff Sgt. Curtis Patrouille, 332nd Rear Area Operations Center, Osh Kosh, Wis., unload a truck full of aid to the people of Qali Nassro Saturday. (Photo by Spc. Karlene Hemerly-Fluck, 109th MPAD)
Old 19th April 2003, 07:54   #37
webthing
Forum King

Camp Patriot, Kuwait (March 20, 2003) -- Just minutes after the initial suspected Iraqi-fired ballistic missile was announced "all clear," the Camp Patriot joint-service team returned to normal operations. From left, Army Sgt. Calvin Adams, attached to 169 Port Operation Crane Company, 24th battalion, along with Chief Boatswains Mate Bobby Cardwell of Naval Cargo Handling and Port Group guide an container to its resting spot aboard an Army flat-bed transport vehicle. The BLUE-GREEN Team here consistantly works side-by-side in all areas of port operations, cargo offload and handling, and transportation. Adams and Cardwell are deployed to Camp Patriot with thousands of other Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen and Coast Guardsman in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. (U.S. Navy photo by Journalist 1st Class Joseph Krypel)
Old 19th April 2003, 08:00   #38
webthing
Forum King

US Commander General Tommy Franks visits a former palace of Saddam Hussein near Baghdad on Wednesday, April 6, 2003, one week after Baghdad fell to the hands of the US ande Coalition Forces. Photo by Karen Ballard/Corbis Sygma
Old 19th April 2003, 08:04   #39
webthing
Forum King

Members of General Tommy Franks component commanders in the theater meet for the first time inside a former palace of Saddam Husseins on Wednesday, April16, 2003. It was General Franks' first visit to the Baghdad area and one week after the capitol city fell to US and Coalition Forces. Photo by Karen Ballard/Corbis Sygma
Old 19th April 2003, 08:05   #40
webthing
Forum King

US Commander General Tommy Franks and other component commanders meet with a few members of the press during an impromptu q and a session while Franks visited a palace formerly controlled by Saddam Hussein. Photo by Karen Ballard/Corbis Sygma
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News