Old 6th June 2011, 01:24   #1
midnightstarr

Getting More People to Listen.

Hello,

Besides having family and friends (Which I am reluctant to do). How else do you get an audience listen to your radio station? I don't want to use Facebook because most of those friends do not want any spam. And I am asking this, even though I don't have a radio station on yet.

I'm asking this question because I am having troubles on my selling my articles. Better yet, I am not the best salesperson. Besides, I remember one time trying to get more people to listen to my podcast to a chatroom, and I get the question "What's in it for me?" when it is podcast not a sales pitch. I did explain that to them. But how do I not get that question when it comes to getting people to listen to my radio station.

Can anyone help me with this?
midnightstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 07:08   #2
hackerdork
Forum King

midnightstarr

work your buns off advertising , when i started there was no facebook, not twitter, and barely internet back in 1996

blog, facebook, twitter. all great tools to get followers it falls on you to market your stream honestly. Also if you only have your stream running a few hours each day that often chases people away so make sure you tell them in you blog and other locations what times or days you have the stream up and running.

best of luck and happy streaming...

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
hackerdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 13:04   #3
midnightstarr

hackerdork

Thanks for your response.

I will try blog and twitter, but not Facebook. Again, I don't want to promote it to all my friends. I will tell some of those friends in person though. Not on Facebook.

I also thought of another website that I can blog in. My idea of a Radio Station is a Specialty one and it might fit in with this particular website. But I have another question: How do I promote a specialty radio station without spamming?

I should also mention too that when I blog, I only get one or two people that view it a day. I need more and that is why I ask the question as to how to get people to listen to it without spamming?
midnightstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Tags
audience, facebook, radio, station