Old 26th January 2005, 07:01   #1
MrSlate

Plugin for saving streaming song titles to .txt

I am looking for any type of plug-in that would save a streaming song title to a text file on my command. I listen a lot to Shoutcast and sometimes a great song comes on and I have to maximize Winamp, then view the title of the song played, the open a saved text file and type in the name. I want to be able to have this done automatically on a keystroke or something.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

MrSlate
MrSlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2005, 07:26   #2
crackity

Send a message via ICQ to crackity Send a message via AIM to crackity
My old logger plugin had the ability to log on global shortcut and/or a mouse click of a icon in the systray.

I think that there is a small issue with streams though (I need to double check) but I could have swore that I accounted for that. anyhow, I have been meaning to update it for a while now, just got sidetracked on my quicktracks plugin. I will post here whne I update it if you havent found something yet.

I should have a link somewhere on my site: http://www.crackity.com but like I said I dont think it logs track changes if it is a stream.

Crackity
QuickTracks: Info & Most Recent
crackity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2005, 05:53   #3
crackity

k, I just quick fudged it a little bit so now it should work.... basically outputing the title (%t) will write the entire stream title. (%f will write the url).

Now I would like to revamp this plugin a lot more, but for now, give it a go and let me know what you think.

http://www.crackity.com/beta/gen_fav_list.exe

[edit]
Let me know if you need help setting it up.... I am known for bad user interfaces.... I think I am on my forth go at it for QuickTracks and still am not completely happy with it.
[/edit]

Crackity
Old 28th January 2005, 19:10   #4
MrSlate

Dude you totally rock! That is exactly what I have been looking for! By the way I am a graphic designer Web designer by trade, I can help you out with any of this if you wish, I also did a lot of UI work for a program named PSP...

MrSlate
Old 28th January 2005, 19:25   #5
MrSlate

Instructions

I am still raving cause it worked, but I only got it to work one time. I made a .txt file on the desktop that I specified to save info to, and it put in the http info as well as the song title. I specified CTRL + Q as the hotkey, and it worked once, then not again. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

[Edit] Okay I got it to work... just screwed around with the settings.. I had "overwrite" enabled.. now I know what that means..

Whoo Hoo!

MrSlate
Old 28th January 2005, 22:31   #6
crackity

glad it is working. In some ways it is still rough around the edges (this is the first winamp plugin I attempted)

There are a lot of internal code changes I need to make to make it a lot more efficient (currently am just checking the title every 1 second to see if the track changed, but there are ways to get a signal that the track changed)

I would like to revamp the log options. Maybe add the use of conditionals and make it more user friendly.... (maybe make it more consistent with the advanced title formating or something). Only show the icon if there is a need to show the icon instead of making the user turn it off, etc. Also change the rating stuff now that winamp supports ratings.

But besides that, I am open for any suggestions.

Crackity
Old 30th January 2005, 00:35   #7
MrSlate

Crackity,

For some reason now I am having troubles, I had it working, but now I can't get it to write to a .txt file I have stored on my desktop. I want to be able to read the Aritist and Title of the song. THat is all I want it to write. Any suggestions?

One additional note, when I choose "overwrite" what exactly does that mean? Because when I choose that option, it seems to log the titles, and one after the other.

Thanks

MrSlate
Old 30th January 2005, 04:32   #8
MrSlate

One suggestion would be to have two options, Advanced with all the features, and simple for just saving song titles, the reason most will use this plugin I think.

That way you don't have to worry about bad interfaces, the user can choose if they want the ability to be confused or not.. (ha)

MrSlate
Old 30th January 2005, 04:36   #9
MrSlate

By the way, I got it to work... seems like CTRL+C like I was trying to use won't work as a hotkey combo. Changing to [CTRL + A] works fine.

Maybe another suggestion, maybe radio buttons that specify hotkeys available. OR something like that.

MrSlate
Old 13th September 2007, 19:39   #10
MrSlate

Hey Crackity, I am still using the Beta of this plugin, do you have any updates? I love it!

MrSlate
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion