Old 15th July 2005, 17:05   #1
sandyh

Please Help!!! Installing DSP Plugin in Linux

Please Help!!! Am installing DSP plugin in linux. Don't know where to start. Tried doing the same procedure I used to install shoutcast, but it didn't work. Checked forums. No luck. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks for all the help.
sandyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2005, 17:11   #2
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
The DSP is a Windows based tool. It does not run under Linux as it's intended to work only with Winamp and Winamp only runs on WIndows.

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Don't click this link!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2005, 18:37   #3
sandyh

Re: Installing DSP Plugin in Linux

Is there an encoder that I can use in linux that will work with Shoutcast? Or how will I send from the broadcast machine to the shoutcast server since my broadcast machine is linux?
Old 15th July 2005, 19:23   #4
MegaRock
Forum King

You can use any standard Windows based PC to run Winamp and the DSP then pipe that out to the server. What OS the DNAS server is running isn't of importance so long as you already have the server up and running.

Don't click this link!
Old 15th July 2005, 20:32   #5
sandyh

Help. I am confused. We are broadcasting from a program that is linux based. So our broadcast computer has to be linux. It is the computer that will be playing into the server with shoutcast, am I right. So I have to have a dsp plugin on that broadcast computer, which basically acts as an encoder and sender to the shoutcast server. What is the linux based dsp plugin that is found here on this page with this link. http://www.shoutcast.com/download/broadcast.phtml
Scroll down to the linux plugin. What does it do? Am I missing something here? Please help clear up this muddle.
Old 16th July 2005, 03:18   #6
MegaRock
Forum King

Crap, my bad. Didn't know you were talking about sc_trans. That would be the correct tool for Linux. There should have been instructions on it's use included with the archive package. Have you extracted the archive and looked in that directory yet?

Don't click this link!
Old 16th July 2005, 05:16   #7
sandyh

Whew, am I relieved. Thought I was right, but oh how we can get deceived. I am up and running. At least it tells me it started up and it says it loaded the conf file and looked for playlist. I found out what I had done wrong. I had accidentally downloaded the sc_trans_freebsd file, instead of the sc_trans_linux. I installed it using basically the same steps I used to load shoutcast. There was no installation help documentation in the read file, but I just guessed that would work. By the way, is there a way to pull up the program other than the ./ command. Is all that there is to it what shows up in the console. Or do I go from there to issue some kind of command to open the rest of the program? Also, can you help me, what do I put in the playlist file to be able to play a continuous stream from a broadcast program? That is my last question. Hopefully. Thank you for your help. You really did help to get me on the right track with things.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support